PDA

View Full Version : COLOR THEM GONE!!!

Tonk
07-09-2009, 7:43 AM
Well after trying to please the wife for the past 2 months and purchasing those little (cheap) pocket pistols, so she can use her CCW license to carry her pistol when out shopping etc, I have come full circle. I do believe Mr. Linclon said years ago: "You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but one will NEVER please all the people all the time"; :)

In this case the people refers to my wife and things did get a bit hot and heavy in the house and on the range. However, we have both come full circle with the true facts. Those little pocket pistols are NOT as reliable as the GLOCKS or Sig Sauer pistols on the market today. :cool:

The other fact is simply this people: RELIABILITY is the #1 issue with carrying a pistol for self defense. The fact that this or that is easy to conceal means squat when the time comes to pull that weapon and defend yourself. ;):)

No more trying to purchase a dozen types of ammo to see just what will work and make that pistol go BANG for the entire magazine load. No more HANG FIRES or JAMS either. :eek:

My wife being a "newbie" to the world of street smarts has c ome a long way since we started but as of yesterday, I can say that the Pocket Pistols can she and I purchased several weeks a go are being called "COLOR THEM GONE"
She has honestly realized, that ease of carry has nothing to do with what is reliable 100% of the time when it comes to that pistol going BANG after the trigger is pulled. NO MORE........POCKET PISTOLS! :rolleyes

Fjold
07-09-2009, 7:47 AM
Well after trying to please the wife for the past 2 months and purchasing those little (cheap) pocket pistols, so she can use her CCW license to carry her pistol when out shopping etc, I have come full circle. I do believe Mr. Linclon said years ago: "You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but one will NEVER please all the people a woman all the time"; :)

Fixed it.

Palindari
07-09-2009, 12:32 PM
LOL... you beat me to the punch, mate!

Tonk
07-09-2009, 1:37 PM
Old Abe is smiling you bet!;) :)

CAL.BAR
07-09-2009, 1:54 PM
I'm with you on that. The smaller the auto pistol the less reliable I have found it to be. But what about a small frame revolver? They do go bang (at least 5 or 6 bangs per cylender) every time.

MrEd
07-09-2009, 1:58 PM
I would also recommend you look at the Springfield XD's subcompact and the HK P 2000 SK , excellent guns that have proven reliable to me .

Tonk
07-09-2009, 5:46 PM
Mr. ED.......Well, I don't believe that I have to look much further than my GLOCKS, SIGS and Kimbers for reliability OK. ;)

Now years ago a very good gun writer and once upon a time LEO, once told me that if your going to bet your life on a handgun, make darn sure it is a "Wheel Gun" (meaning revolver) and that holds true. The man's name was Mr. Bill Jordan!:cool:

I carry either a Glock 29 back up by a Smith & Wesson wheel gun or a Glock 23 backed up by the same "Airweight" .38spl Smith & Wesson. ;) :)

walter
07-17-2009, 7:41 PM
so.... wtf is the pictures?

M47_Dragon
07-17-2009, 8:19 PM
This thread needs pictures and your wife needs answers.

Here you go:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson/upload/images/firearms/150468_large.jpg

http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson/upload/images/firearms/150469_large.jpg

http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson/upload/images/firearms/150466_large.jpg

Tonk
07-19-2009, 5:08 AM
Yeah! It looks like the Leather Necks have come to the recue once more perhaps!!! :) ;)

I showed her those PINK revolvers but she wanted a semi-auto yada yada yada. Women can sure be cantankerous sometimes. So now she has a Glock model 26 and can shoot the lights out for the most part.

However, I still get to listen to her complain about the size of that Glock! So now know she has one of Lenny McGills $200 dollar purses to keep that Glock warm. :rolleyes: :)

SoCalRandy
08-02-2009, 4:40 PM
Picture thread?

Mstnpete
08-02-2009, 6:48 PM
I also had to please the wifee into starting shooting competitively!
So here's the gun I had built for her. For IPSC shooting. She likes it! With matching red holster.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f245/amgguy/size-7php.jpg

Tonk
08-05-2009, 8:56 PM
Wow! Now talk about color with a capitol C!!! Great looking range piece you bet-cha.

M47_Dragon
08-05-2009, 11:01 PM
That grip kind of looks like the old Eddie Van Halen Kramer guitars of yesteryear. :rockon: :punk:

rogdigity
08-17-2009, 9:24 PM
That grip kind of looks like the old Eddie Van Halen Kramer guitars of yesteryear. :rockon: :punk:

i believe the guitars name was frankenstein...

anyways, good job getting your wifeys/gilrys shooting and liking it. my wife never fired a gun before we had met. took her out and let her shoot the 22 and the 223 and then she got ahold of the 1911... she was hooked. a couple weeks later while talking about getting her a gun the subject of grips came up and how many different styles of 1911 grips there are. then she decided she wanted a purple 1911.

this is were i put my foot down. i know my LLAMA Max-I is a piece of ****, but im not turning it purple. plus its hard to get steel to stay colored anyways...

let me introduce you to 'Tactical Purple'

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rogdigity/left.jpg

Hungarian origin: FEG - model PA-63. 9x18mak caliber semi auto pistol. 7+1 capacity, hammer drop saftey/decocker, light in the hand, very accurate, and very simple operation. (shown with optional laser mount)

This pistol has never had feed issues and has never had ejection issues. This pistol would even feed the silver bear HP ammo that my makarov wouldnt seem to digest very well. I trust my wife's life in the machanics of this pistol. i have a video ill try to post too in a little bit

rogdigity
08-17-2009, 9:38 PM
shooting along side my makarov (left hand) but not really aiming, just having fun... as you can see

mostly just because i feed these guys the less expensive steel cased stuff and the ranges dont like it so i dont get to play with them much. almost forgot how fun they are

Sheepdog1968
08-18-2009, 9:06 AM
Yeah! It looks like the Leather Necks have come to the recue once more perhaps!!! :) ;)

I showed her those PINK revolvers but she wanted a semi-auto yada yada yada. Women can sure be cantankerous sometimes. So now she has a Glock model 26 and can shoot the lights out for the most part.

However, I still get to listen to her complain about the size of that Glock! So now know she has one of Lenny McGills $200 dollar purses to keep that Glock warm. :rolleyes: :)

The things she wants are hard to find- light, reliable, good self-defense cartridge. Let's hope the purse solves the problem. The Glock 26 is a good reliable gun. A friend of mine carries that (not sure why he didn't choose the Glock 27). He has fired thousands and thousands of rounds through it and never has had a problem.

Sheepdog1968
08-18-2009, 9:08 AM
I also had to please the wifee into starting shooting competitively!
So here's the gun I had built for her. For IPSC shooting. She likes it! With matching red holster.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f245/amgguy/size-7php.jpg

I've offered to buy my significant other anything she wants in order to have her come to the range with me. She still doesn't want to shoot :-(

rogdigity
08-18-2009, 5:32 PM
The things she wants are hard to find- light, reliable, good self-defense cartridge. Let's hope the purse solves the problem. The Glock 26 is a good reliable gun. A friend of mine carries that (not sure why he didn't choose the Glock 27). He has fired thousands and thousands of rounds through it and never has had a problem.

the feg meets the light catagory as it is an aluminum frame semi-auto. the pistol has been very reliable as well. as for self defense, it is only a 9x18mm round, but i have seen +P rounds and HP rounds for this caliber and have shot them both through this one. they work pretty damn good.

let her try one of these little guys. i recommend gettting the extra power recoil spring from wolff springs though. but i paid $200 for this pistol a few years back and then a couple hundred total for the buff, anodize, polish. i even polished some of the guts to make a lighter trigger pull too. great gun, she wont be disapointed

Tonk
08-18-2009, 8:12 PM
Hot weather in the 90 + catagory always poses problems for women who want to carry their CCW weapon, I admit it is not the same as for us men. I nodded OK to the purse or small fany pack, there just are not that many options for the ladies. ;) :)

Now after getting stung by two wasps in the barn, I opted for a few days to carry an airweight revolver in my pant pocket but would rather have the model 29 Glock on my hip instead. ;) :cool:

DLaw
08-19-2009, 8:32 AM
What pocket pistols are you talking about?

Tonk
08-26-2009, 6:33 AM
Ruger LCP, KEL-TEC P-11, Kel-Tec PF-9 (2 of them) Sig P-232.

Later tried another KEL-TEC PF-9 with new factory changes but still NO Cigar!!! The smallest pistol I now own and carry, is a GLOCK 29 in 10mm cal.

joelberg
08-27-2009, 1:38 AM
Hmm, I'll take one of those pocket pistols off your hands on the cheap! I kind of want one just because.

Tonk
08-29-2009, 9:03 AM
YOU got any MONEY??? :rolleyes:

Just send me a PM and I'll tell you how to get your wish!!! :D :cool:

PonchoTA
08-29-2009, 12:12 PM
I've had my P-11 for a few years now, and now the PF-9, and I've NEVER had a failure to fire, or any other kind of failure. :confused:

WTF are you talking about for reliability? I'd carry either of my KelTec's due to their small size, fully supported chambers (unlike the Glucks) to handle any kind of round, if I could. Goes bang every time.

When I lived in WA, my P-11 went everywhere I did.

Tonk
09-01-2009, 7:02 AM
PONCHO-TA.......Well Jack, I'll tell you WTF, I am talking about savvy! Now in case you didn't understand the first time getting on the merry-go-round.:rolleyes:

I have purchased 3 KEL-TEC's, #1 a P-11 with super loooong trigger pull alright (which never bothered me but the wife had problems with the 12-lb trigger pull) Also it had a tendency to JAM up on her and when it did so with me, I got rid of the SOB period.

Along comes #2 Kel-Tec, a PF-9 and the wife wants to try one out, so that we do and the trigger pull was down in the 7 to 8 lb area on the scale. This was good for her but the ammo situation was NOT, it did not like anything but FMJ bullets and often they too would hang up. So it went down the road too.

Now just so you know, I been shooting pistols for many years and in competition as well. I sure as hell don't Limp Wrist any pistol I fire!!!;)
It was brought to my attention by a friend who works in the gunstore that KEL-TEC had redone the feed-ramp in their PF-9 model and also something to the magazine as well. So I bit the bullet once more and this pistol is more accurate than the first two but still JAMS on occasion with me firing the pistol.

Now if YOU go to the KEL-TEC forum, I am not alone in my thoughts on the KEL-TEC pistols. There are at least 50% of the people who purchased them have problems from the GET GO!!!:( I know this much, when I pull one of my Glocks on a target, it is going to go BANG ever Friggin TIME!!! I have NOT been able to say that about any KEL-TEC so far and each of these pistols has had 300 rounds put through them in various brands of ammo. :eek: