PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon Reflex + 3x Magnifier?????

JohnBrian
07-08-2009, 7:30 PM
Anyone ever use a 3x magnifier (clone or real) with a Trijicon Reflex?

I have a Reflex on my AR & was thinking a magnifier (most likely a clone due to cost issues; I'd use a flip-over mount for it) would be nice since my 51 year old eyes aren't really great at distance.

I love my Reflex (doesn't need batteries) so it will stay with the rifle with or without a magnifier. Not interested in installing an Aimpoint or clonepoint (or whatever) on the rifle.

supermario
07-08-2009, 7:35 PM
I have always wanted a Reflex myself, i love the fact of no batteries. How do you like it, most people prefer Aimpoint or eotech over Reflex. Sorry i dont have any advice on the magnifyers but i just wanted to ask you that question. I dont know too many people with reflex.

JohnBrian
07-08-2009, 10:29 PM
I have always wanted a Reflex myself, i love the fact of no batteries. How do you like it, most people prefer Aimpoint or eotech over Reflex. Sorry i dont have any advice on the magnifyers but i just wanted to ask you that question. I dont know too many people with reflex.
In essence, its a red (actually amber) dot scope. Biggest advantage is that it doesn't use batteries. Mine is about 10 years old & the tritium is a bit weaker than when it was new. The fiber optic stuff on the front of it picks up ambient light both day & night. It will wash out a bit if your target is a light color but I can still see the dot just fine even in bright sunlight.

chsk9
07-09-2009, 12:32 AM
I haven't used a magnifier with it, but I give a big +1 on the reflex sight.
I have the RX09 with the chevron "dot"... good stuff.

aplinker
07-09-2009, 2:08 AM
No reason you couldn't use it.

Grumpyoldretiredcop
07-09-2009, 9:27 AM
Tried it, didn't like it. Had problems finding a mount that puts the magnifier in line with the Trijicon's sight axis. If you can find a mount that will do that, it's no different than any dot sight with a magnifier.

I have two Reflex sights, liked them for CQB as there are no batteries to go dead at the wrong moment. Both are sitting in my safe since I retired and started scoping all of my rifles.

JohnBrian
07-10-2009, 3:25 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone!

Maybe I'll get a clone give it a try.

Grumpyoldretiredcop:

I'l give you $50 each if they still work. :43: :rolleyes:

aplinker
07-10-2009, 4:39 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone!

Maybe I'll get a clone give it a try.

Grumpyoldretiredcop:

I'l give you $50 each if they still work. :43: :rolleyes: