PDA

View Full Version : Attempts at illegal transactions

MPMillen
06-18-2005, 8:57 AM
Dear admins and fellow lawful CA gunowners,

I have been increasingly disturbed by certain individuals making repeated, overt attempts to purchase handguns illegally on this forum. In particular, I must single out the person who is using the screen name "Roy Mano." Basically, his posts are solicitations to commit a crime.

This has happenned far to often for this to be an innocent mistake. It is clearly a pattern. I believe that this is a crime of attempting to purchase a handgun illegally. It also appears to be a solicitation to engage in a conspiracy to break the law.

I think it would be a good idea to track this person down through cyberspace to his internet provider and report him or her to law enforcement.

If it turns out to be a "sting operation" then it would be good to know that. If it turns out to be a dangerous criminal then apprehension and arrest would be a positive.

I value this forum and I respect the members who offer positive insight and commentary. It would be a tragedy if some unsuspecting citizen were induced into breaking the law by an overzealous police officer or a dangerous criminal. It would also smear the forum itself.

I don't know who or what Roy Mano is, but his pattern of posting is of great concern.

Sincerely,

Mark

bwiese
06-18-2005, 10:36 AM
He's been 'whacked down'. People have called him on it.

Mr Mano is either:
<LI> provocateur/entrapment artist for LEO (sentence reduction?)
<LI> provocateur/entrapment artist for MMM/Brady idiots;
<LI> similar, for newspaper article ("Gun Nut Websites Promote Illegal Gun Sales")
<LI> too dumb to know

From some of the wording/questions it may be the latter.

Remember, lotsa folks in CA _still_ don't know that it's illegal to do a paper-free PPT of most rifles/handguns in CA. So I'll have the grace to include Mr Mano in this latter group. With all the commentary, he's now well-informed http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Everytime stuff like this comes up, many board members immediately tell the offending poster the basic law + consequences. This trolling will continue and we just need to deal with it.

Bill Wiese
San Jose

50 Freak
06-18-2005, 11:28 AM
I've already said the same thing to Mr. Mano privately in e-mails last week (as I'm sure others have done so also). If he is continuing to contact others about obtaining a illegal firearm.

Then I say lets turn him over to the LE's.

But first lets not forget a "blanket party" and many nuggies.

RRangel
06-18-2005, 1:48 PM
It's good that we have many users here that bring and steer people in the right direction because that is exactly what we need.

Unfortunately if I had a nickel for every gunowner that doesn't know that a real PPT is illegal in California I'd be a very rich man.

If anyone feels that they are being illegaly solicited please don't hesitate to bring it up.
That being said Roy Mano is going to have to explain himself.

Bladewurk@aol.com
06-20-2005, 12:49 PM
Just to clarify,FTF PPT of Blackpowder and orig. config.C&R VZ24 Mauser is still legal correct? I just put an Ad up and saw this....I checked DOJ website first but I want to be sure I'm doing nothing illegal. Thank you in advance. Phil

stillbigmac
07-22-2005, 6:59 AM
Yes, Black powder and curio rifles over 50 years old (redundency ?) my be transfered between private parties.

-hanko
07-22-2005, 1:57 PM
Originally posted by Bladewurk:
Just to clarify,FTF PPT of Blackpowder and orig. config.C&R VZ24 Mauser is still legal correct?
Thank you in advance. Phil
Black powder sales are not restricted. If the Mauser is at least 50 years old you don't need a licensee to oversee the sale.

-hanko

imported_EvolutionGSR
08-28-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by bwiese:

Remember, lotsa folks in CA _still_ don't know that it's illegal to do a PPT of most rifles/handguns in CA.

Bill Wiese
San Jose

Bill,

I just wanted to know what the list of handguns that are illegal in CA to PPT. I know of the array of black rifles and AR's that are illegal, but handguns? I've been doing many PPTs on discontinued handguns (colt 70's and colt officers) and wanted to know before i continue.

RRangel
08-29-2005, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by EvolutionGSR:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bwiese:

Remember, lotsa folks in CA _still_ don't know that it's illegal to do a PPT of most rifles/handguns in CA.

Bill Wiese
San Jose

Bill,

I just wanted to know what the list of handguns that are illegal in CA to PPT. I know of the array of black rifles and AR's that are illegal, but handguns? I've been doing many PPTs on discontinued handguns (colt 70's and colt officers) and wanted to know before i continue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Private party sales and consignment sales are exempt from the California restrictions. You can buy all you want and the one handgun a month rule does not apply either. You can't have a pistol with a threaded barrel because then it becomes an "assualt weapon" under California law.

Ted_Bell
08-29-2005, 9:33 AM
mpmillen is a perfect person to live in the PRC. You just can't let people live their lives without trying to slap them down. This is the attitude that has lead to the over-regulated State.

How is this person's behavior affecting you? With attitudes like this, it is no wonder that the PRC has become such a ****hole. I can say this because I put up with it for the 1st 40 years of my life.

ADMIN -- is it possible to remove my registration to this board? I can't take anymore. I look forward to my log-in being denied next time.

bwiese
08-29-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by EvolutionGSR:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bwiese:

Bill Wiese
San Jose

I just wanted to know what the list of handguns that are illegal in CA to PPT. I know of the array of black rifles and AR's that are illegal, but handguns? I've been doing many PPTs on discontinued handguns (colt 70's and colt officers) and wanted to know before i continue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooops, I shoulda rephrased that as:

"Remember, lotsa folks in CA _still_ do
not know that it's illegal to do a paper-
-free PPT (without services of an FFL)
of most rifles/handguns in CA."

Yes, in CA you can PPT all handguns that are not AWs.

Bill Wiese
San Jose