PDA

View Full Version : NASA, APOLLO, SPACE PROGRAM ITEMS WANTED

Spacestuff4me
07-08-2009, 7:10 AM
Hello,

I'm always looking for anything related to the space program. I collect models, photos, autographs, coins, patches, presentations, flown pieces, parts of spacecraft, lucites, manuals, books or even your stories from your time working in the space program.

I loan out a lot of my collection to museums for free and I do about 15-20 school presentations during the year to kids in hopes of getting them interested in science, math and space exploration.

Please email me with any photos or questions.

Thanks, Ray spacecrazy@verizon.net

Spacestuff4me
07-09-2009, 7:51 PM
btt

brassburnz
07-10-2009, 8:28 AM
I work at a 2007 NASA Explorer School. Our NASA center is JPL. I was at Johnson Space Center in May for a Student Symposium and will most likely be attending the same for 2010. I've got some nice pics of Mission Control, the Neutral Buoyancy Lab, mockups of the ISS, a Shuttle and the Orion lunar orbiter. I also have a video file showing a walk-around of one of the Saturn V rockets from the Apollo missions.

I also have access to lunar rock and soil samples from the Apollo missions. Unfortunately, I can't share them with you, but the next time I have them, I'll take pics for you. (Pics are actually kinda boring. Just a bunch of rocks and dirt.)

I also have access to the "Vomit Comet" but passed last time. There's another flight available in October. Don't know if I'll make that trip.

Next time I see one of the astronauts, I'll make sure to get an extra photo and autograph for you. Commander Chris Cassidy, who is part of the STS-127 crew which should be flying this month stopped by our school two years ago. We got to see him practicing for a space walk in the Neutral Buoyancy Lab. He's an amazing guy. Here's his bio.

http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/Bios/htmlbios/cassidy-cj.html

Spacestuff4me
07-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the post. It's great that you've had the opportunity to experience all of the events at JPL and I've always wanted to ride the comet.

I do a lot of school presentations on the space program and I have about 200artifacts from my collection on free loan to museums around the country. I'm always looking to add a new piece and my focus has been on flown hardware and flown pieces. I also take a great deal of effort to restore, protect and preserve artifacts from the Revolutionary War, Civil War, WW1, WW2, Korea & Vietnam wars, besides all of my space artifacts.

If you have a chance, check out a blog I was posting some of my pieces on, but for some reason I can't post anything else, so there's just a few items.

http://rayspacestuff.blogspot.com/

Take care,

Ray

Spacestuff4me
07-16-2009, 7:34 AM
Btt

Spacestuff4me
07-26-2009, 9:28 AM
btt

Spacestuff4me
08-15-2009, 2:38 PM
btt

Spacestuff4me
09-06-2009, 9:31 AM
Btt

sp_train_77
09-06-2009, 3:04 PM
What do you think of the article claiming that Neil Armstrong is now convinced his flight to the moon was a staged fake?