PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Insurance?

gunshack
07-07-2009, 1:43 PM
I need help finding a commercial insurance provider for a new gun shop. My landloard is asking for a $1 million general liability policy, and I figure it's worth it to cover my property and inventory as well.

Any recommendations? I'd appreciate it!

Mezcalfud
07-07-2009, 7:22 PM
I sent a pm with contact info-or shoot me a pm. I work for a national commercial agency and would be glad to help out anyone from CG.
Jeff

Prowler
07-07-2009, 8:18 PM
You can also ask an owner of a similar business that's not in an area directly competing with your's. I would ask several just to get a good random sampling of their policies. Let them know what you're up to before you ask them about their insurance. They won't be on the defensive about giving privvy information.

Addax
07-07-2009, 8:30 PM
I need help finding a commercial insurance provider for a new gun shop. My landloard is asking for a $1 million general liability policy, and I figure it's worth it to cover my property and inventory as well.

http://www.guninsurance.com/

Contact them. This is who I used to get my business insurance and the various coverages I needed.

OCArmory
07-10-2009, 11:46 AM
You can try the NRA or brownells. They both have programs and were very affordable.
Mike

tenpercentfirearms
07-10-2009, 4:01 PM
I use the NRA program.

http://www.nraba.org/insurance.aspx

mala in se
07-10-2009, 4:47 PM

what's the name of your shop?

gunshack
07-13-2009, 7:04 AM
It's a new shop in Petaluma, I'm hoping to have it open by the 31st. Going by the name Independence Armroy. The dot com is up already.

Thanks for all your help, guys. NRA sent me a quote that was about 1/5 of the other guys, and well within my budget. I'm still waiting on GunInsurance.com for their quote, but what ever it turns out to be the insurance issue won't keep me up at night. :)