PDA

View Full Version : Smallest rifle safe?

foogoo
06-26-2005, 3:08 PM
I am looking for a very space economical safe, needing to hold only maybe 5 rifles or so. Any suggestions?

Krusher
06-29-2005, 11:40 PM
not exactly a safe but
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00077D7W.../002-2905858-2668053 (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00077D7W4/entrepreneu0a-20/002-2905858-2668053)

Hope it helps

Originally posted by Kram:
I am looking for a very space economical safe, needing to hold only maybe 5 rifles or so. Any suggestions?

Ducati748r
06-30-2005, 10:29 AM

Go to Reeds! There was a gun safe there that was large enough for long guns but at the same time it wasn't a huge safe. Perfect for apartments and even bedrooms.

joel1316
06-30-2005, 11:47 AM
I think that Stack On "Ready to Assemble is one of the smallest. I only have a small space for rifle cabinet/safe. I took a trip to Sportsmart and they have one by Sentry G6211(I think). Dimensions are:
Exterior Dimensions: 55"H x 17 1/2"W x 17 3/4"D
Its going for $299.

foogoo
07-01-2005, 2:46 PM
Thanks for the replies! I'll check them out.

foogoo
07-01-2005, 4:53 PM
not exactly a safe but
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00077D7W.../002-2905858-2668053

Hope it helps

I really like this one, it's economical and space saving. Of course it's not as secure as a safe but can be bolted and locked nevertheless. Does anyone know if Stack On products are sold locally anywhere in So Cal? Doesn't really seem to be worth shipping.

Krusher
07-02-2005, 7:29 PM
Temecula
Sports authority..

other than them,. I havent found a dealer..
As well its a good deal at a few bucks over 100
including the shipping
double check the legality in CA wih DOJ approval.
Ive been getting conflicting information.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">not exactly a safe but
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00077D7W.../002-2905858-2668053

Hope it helps

I really like this one, it's economical and space saving. Of course it's not as secure as a safe but can be bolted and locked nevertheless. Does anyone know if Stack On products are sold locally anywhere in So Cal? Doesn't really seem to be worth shipping. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

08-30-2005, 6:06 PM
If you are still interested (been a long time), look for the "Cannon shotgun wall safe" (search the web for it, made by Cannon safes). It mounts inside the wall, between studs (you have to make a hole in the drywall, and find a standard 16" spacing stud bay). Sticks out of the wall about 2 inches, so it uses up nearly no space. Ideal for the back of a closet wall. Not very expensive, Trader's in San Leandro had them for $300. Not fire safe.

esskay
08-31-2005, 8:48 AM
Originally posted by treelogger:
If you are still interested (been a long time), look for the "Cannon shotgun wall safe" (search the web for it, made by Cannon safes). It mounts inside the wall, between studs (you have to make a hole in the drywall, and find a standard 16" spacing stud bay). Sticks out of the wall about 2 inches, so it uses up nearly no space. Ideal for the back of a closet wall. Not very expensive, Trader's in San Leandro had them for $300. Not fire safe.

This safe won't hold 5 rifles, but it is a nice safe. 3 long arms max, as long as you don't have too many tacticool items hanging on them.

08-31-2005, 3:59 PM
True, it won't hold five rifles. Actually, it might, if you don't worry about stacking them unusually tightly: remove the rifle holder (the wooden shelf with the three cutouts), and just pile them in. As long the the five butt ends fit next to each other, you are in business. Getting them out without banging them would get quite tedious.

Actually, they have another problem: interior clear space in the safe is only about 50 or 55 inches. This means that if you have a really long gun (like a clay shotgun with 30" barrel), no shelves will fit above the gun. At that point, there is no sane way to store handguns or accessories.

esskay
08-31-2005, 6:42 PM
Here's the link:

Cannon Defender Wall Safe (http://www.cannonsafe.com/safeswallsafes/)

johnny_22
10-04-2005, 9:20 AM
The shotgun wall safe was removed from their web site. Chris Strautman &lt;CStrautman@cannonsafe.com&gt; replied to my inquiry:

"No, the shotgun wall safe was discontinued."

Too bad, since it was CA approved; unlike the V-line rifle cabinets.

10-04-2005, 1:57 PM
If you are in Northern California: Call Trader Sports in San Leandro. A while ago they had about a dozen of the Cannon shotgun wall safes in stock, with the price reduced (something like $299 instead of $399). Don't know whether they have any left. There is also another two dealers that used to have them in stock: Cold steel Safes in Sacramento, and US Safe Co in Murietta (which is in the 909 area code).

saki302
10-04-2005, 3:30 PM
I bought a cheap wall safe to supplement my floor-bolted 'real' safes. It holds 8 rifles, and was only like $150 otd at Turner's.
I think it's DOJ approved too. I bolted it to the wall studs with thick screws- it's actually pretty secure even though I only put cheap stuff in there (Mausers, SKS).

I'd suggest getting a safe 50% larger than whatever you're thinking of. You'll outgrow it faster than you ever expected to!!

-Dave