PDA

View Full Version : Colt 6940 Uppers legal in CA?

Ripper
07-07-2009, 9:29 AM
Are Colt 6940 Uppers legal to own in Ca? Will it mate with a KD lower?

Frijolito1988
07-07-2009, 9:29 AM
Yes they are legal and yes they are compatible.

Tony.
07-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Why wouldn't it?

tuna quesadilla
07-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Every upper in existence is legal in California (unless it's a .50 BMG...). What makes certain ARs illegal is the lower -- an illegal AR will either have a listed lower, or a lower with a buttstock when the upper is less than 16", or a lower with a detachable magazine and evil features, etc.

Brutish
07-07-2009, 12:19 PM

Can you think of or cite any law that would make a Colt 6940 upper illegal??? Or any upper (with a proper length barrel)???

aplinker
07-07-2009, 12:20 PM
I'm typing from prison cause they took my 6940 upper away. :(

technique
07-07-2009, 12:23 PM
Or any upper (with a proper length barrel)???

Even an upper with a short barrel....in most cases, is legal.

Jpach
07-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Every upper in existence is legal in California (unless it's a .50 BMG...). What makes certain ARs illegal is the lower -- an illegal AR will either have a listed lower, or a lower with a buttstock when the upper is less than 16", or a lower with a detachable magazine and evil features, etc.

Wrong. You may legally own .50BMG uppers in CA. Even if you dont have a RAW lower.

tuna quesadilla
07-07-2009, 2:25 PM
I stand corrected. :)

tiger222
07-07-2009, 2:37 PM

Yes 6940's are legal to own.

Mating however is up to the recievers.

Some with mate instantly, others, you will have to wait until lower is in heat. Off spring, meaning a litter of cubs, is always a good sight, but very rare these days as poachers take their toll...... each reciever being very territorial, will roam for game up to 40 square kilometers. And frequently spray it's area to mark what belongs to it.

It's a daunting task, but thanks to radio collars, the rangers have a much better chance of finding them.

aplinker
07-07-2009, 4:42 PM
Wouldn't mating with a Colt considered statutory rape? Doesn't one need to wait until they're at least a grown up Philly?

Yes 6940's are legal to own.

Mating however is up to the recievers.

Some with mate instantly, others, you will have to wait until lower is in heat. Off spring, meaning a litter of cubs, is always a good sight, but very rare these days as poachers take their toll...... each reciever being very territorial, will roam for game up to 40 square kilometers. And frequently spray it's area to mark what belongs to it.

It's a daunting task, but thanks to radio collars, the rangers have a much better chance of finding them.

tiger222
07-07-2009, 5:57 PM
Wouldn't mating with a Colt considered statutory rape? Doesn't one need to wait until they're at least a grown up Philly?

I think under Roberti Roos, once a Colt goes into must, it can be tried as an adult horse. Bushamsters, however are considered to be too young to sire until they are actually attatched to a milking machine. Then their udders expand and they look just like full grown females.

So to make a long story short, no. Unless it's a SHORT pony, then SB23 removes the testicles for their safety.

aplinker
07-07-2009, 6:07 PM
I think under Roberti Roos, once a Colt goes into must, it can be tried as an adult horse. Bushamsters, however are considered to be too young to sire until they are actually attatched to a milking machine. Then their udders expand and they look just like full grown females.

So to make a long story short, no. Unless it's a SHORT pony, then SB23 removes the testicles for their safety.

Make me a flow chart. :p

Tony.
07-07-2009, 6:24 PM

CA laws suck, you need to move to a "free state"

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002382718_horse15m.html

Brutish
07-07-2009, 9:26 PM
Even an upper with a short barrel....in most cases, is legal.

If you own an upper with a barrel shorter than 16" and you possess a non-pistol AR lower, you can be charged with constructive possession of a short barreled rifle. If you have a short barreled upper, make sure you own a pistol lower.

technique
07-07-2009, 9:46 PM
If you own an upper with a barrel shorter than 16" and you possess a non-pistol AR lower, you can be charged with constructive possession of a short barreled rifle. If you have a short barreled upper, make sure you own a pistol lower.

Oh, I am well aware of the laws.

P.S. You forgot, that if you don't own a lower period, Rifle or pistol, you may have a short barreled upper then also. So in other words, you don't necessarily need to own a pistol lower to own a short upper, just the lack of a lower period is good enough.

glockwise2000
07-07-2009, 9:49 PM
I'm typing from prison cause they took my 6940 upper away. :(

:rofl2: Don't scare the guy away. He is a noob.

Teeznutz
07-15-2009, 5:57 PM
Any 6940 Colt Upper owner have any compatibility issues with a N4 Noveske Lower?

technique
07-15-2009, 6:00 PM
Any 6940 Colt Upper owner have any compatibility issues with a N4 Noveske Lower?

Nope. I don't have a 6940 upper but I have put Colt uppers on Noveske lowers before.