View Full Version : Another pre-ban magazine question

07-06-2009, 7:06 PM
I know there's been a lot of these lately, but hopefully this one will be quick and painless.

A long time ago, back in the mid 90's my father was going to purchase an AK type rifle. Before he was able to buy the rifle the ban went into place. In 1999, my Dad told me about this (I was 8 or 9 at the time) and I was bummed we weren't going to get an AK. Then he found out about the mag ban, and he went out and bought almost a dozen AK mags for me and told me that if the ban ever ended this was a investment toward my AK. Again I was 8 or 9 at this time.

Now about 10 years later, I'm in the final stretches of paying off my own AK. I came across the box of these magazines while we were moving a few weeks ago. My Dad claims they're mine, but I'm not sure about this. Could I have legaly come into posession of these magazines at the age of 9? I'm going to be running a MMG on my AK, and if someone calls me out on the magazines is it defendable that my father gave them to me at age 9?

07-06-2009, 7:14 PM
If they were given to you at the age of 9 and that was prior to the ban....yeah, I would say those are your legal "hi-caps" There is no age requirements for buying magazines. In otherwords..a 9 year old boy better stock up on 10rnders now....before they bust em down to 2 rounders.