PDA

View Full Version : Help zeroing laser

badicedog
07-06-2009, 6:16 PM
Im posting to get feedback on zeroing a carbine mounted laser. I would like to know at what range(yards) did you zero and why. This is not mall ninja stuff:43: I was thinking a 10 yard zero for close quarters. This is my setup on my AR pistol. I mounted a laser due to lack of a good cheekweld since there is no buttstock
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b286/mannysden/IMG_3270.jpg

technique
07-06-2009, 6:20 PM
I zeroed at 15 yards....I don't have a reason for it.:)

thempopresense
07-06-2009, 6:39 PM
Aren't handguns zero'd at 25 yards? That would be a good start.

dchang0
07-06-2009, 7:23 PM
Seven yards on my PS90. That's good for room-clearing. Few of us have homes with rooms or hallways longer than 21ft. Seems to me that a laser will be most useful in a sudden, close-up situation where you have very little time to aim but need more accuracy than just point-and-shoot approach, something like coming across a bad guy in your home that has a gun held to your kid's head, and you need to make a headshot in an instant.

I wonder what the SWAT teams use....

(Since that my laser-equipped PS90 had been stolen, I have not seen a need to replace it and probably won't. It took more presence of mind to use than it should've, and under simulated high-stress situations, it proved to be too much to mess with. I suppose if I had gone the always-on route instead of the tape-switch route, it would've been a little easier to work with.)

supermario
07-06-2009, 9:17 PM
Im posting to get feedback on zeroing a carbine mounted laser. I would like to know at what range(yards) did you zero and why. This is not mall ninja stuff:43: I was thinking a 10 yard zero for close quarters. This is my setup on my AR pistol. I mounted a laser due to lack of a good cheekweld since there is no buttstock
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b286/mannysden/IMG_3270.jpg

:eek: Damm thats one badice Diablo!! I would say 20yards, becus thats what the length of my driveway and about how far it would be from my house to the street. I am sure anything under you would still be pretty close! Thats a really nice Pistol, i like your diopter sights and the hws sight looks good and the streamlight! It all matches and doesnt look like too much, like they can sometimes. I guess because you did it with taste;)