PDA

View Full Version : Uh, there might be a problem with my rifle on the way...

Aleksei Vasiliev
07-06-2009, 5:02 PM
So, I called up Lancaster and they told me my milled AK shipped. Yay!

I then got a call back from the guy I ordered it from (Mike) saying that they shipped it, without telling him, before he put the Raddlock on it so he's sending me a $30 check.

So... they might be sending me an AW if they haven't removed the pistol grip.

So if my FFL gets an AK with a pistol grip and no maglock, what the hell do I do?

I'm just hoping somebody there removed the PG.

gn3hz3ku1*
07-06-2009, 5:05 PM
the FFL prob send it back... or they might just take off the grip? what about the 3o rder? hopefully it is a kit

technique
07-06-2009, 5:09 PM
Some FFLs are strict...

When I worked for an FFL if something like that came in, it would be taped right back up and shipped right back to the sender. We had some stuff like that come in all the time from Lanworld. We took the advise of a CGr/Boardmember and just shipped it right back.

Now that may or may not have been for legal reasons but more so that Lanworld would get the picture and send them the correct way "already compliant" to Ca. They eventually did....this was w while ago.

Maybe if your FFL is nice..."it shipped with the pistol grip removed";)

Aleksei Vasiliev
07-06-2009, 5:09 PM
They aren't sending a magazine, unless the shipping guys threw one in even though it's not part of my order.

It's a fully built weapon that theoretically looks like this:

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4283/pix840484062.jpg

ajaffe
07-06-2009, 5:12 PM
Just call your FFL, inform them on this before the package gets there.
That way they can refuse delivery if they do not want to deal with taking the PG off and it will go straight back to the manufacturer.
Or if they are cool they will remove the PG for you.
Information is crucial though, so make sure they know before they open the box.

Aleksei Vasiliev
07-06-2009, 5:18 PM
Just call your FFL, inform them on this before the package gets there.
That way they can refuse delivery if they do not want to deal with taking the PG off and it will go straight back to the manufacturer.
Or if they are cool they will remove the PG for you.
Information is crucial though, so make sure they know before they open the box.

Thanks!

lorax3
07-06-2009, 5:23 PM
The FFL will probably send it back to get the PG removed. For one your FFL will have to have an AW permit to accept that firearm in that configuration. IIRC there is an extra tax that must be paid if they do indeed accept the AW as I think it must be specially logged.
They might get in trouble if they just remove the PG after receiving it. Call your receiving FFL and give them a heads up. Ask Lancaster how they sent it.