PDA

View Full Version : MGI modular AR lower

coltn46920
07-06-2009, 1:17 PM
Is this cali legal? Its an AR lower that can except ak 47 magazines.

http://www.mgimilitary.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=44

Josh3239
07-06-2009, 1:34 PM
I'll throw you a bone since you haven't been here long. If it is off-list it is off-list. I am not going to tell you it is or isn't because you I am just a faceless person on the internet that you don't. Here is the place to look on the ban list, check page two: http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

As with an AR, you need to build it in a compliant fashion. Magazine lock or featureless. If built correctly and legally then of course it is legal.

TZL
07-06-2009, 2:06 PM
my question, why?

$650 + for a lower that accepts AK mags, plus a dedicated AR 7.62x39 upper .....just to run AK mags? why not just get the upper and use 7.62x39 AR mags

7.62x39 AR mags aren't expensive....plus AK mags need to be tilted in

your better off just buying an AK....

gn3hz3ku1*
07-06-2009, 3:06 PM
id rather have 2 guns with different calibers vs 1 gun with 2 calibers :)

C.G.
07-06-2009, 9:28 PM
my question, why?

$650 + for a lower that accepts AK mags, plus a dedicated AR 7.62x39 upper .....just to run AK mags? why not just get the upper and use 7.62x39 AR mags

7.62x39 AR mags aren't expensive....plus AK mags need to be tilted in

your better off just buying an AK....

Exactly. I might have considered one of them if they actually had a 7.62 NATO magwell, but that turned out to be vaporware.

H2H
07-06-2009, 9:30 PM
company kind of went down in the past year though...buyer beware.

ZombieKiller
07-06-2009, 9:32 PM
Just buy an AK....it will cost less.

jayjaynow
09-22-2011, 1:57 PM
All units are personally test fired by
MGI staff before shipping and are guaranteed
to function with your standard barrels.

That’s what MGI says. After having my check cashed by MGi, they ignored my emails and vmail messages for several months. After several months they finally shipped the mgi upper to me. I also ordered a barrel from them. After installing the barrel I found it was very loose. I contacted MGI to see if there was an adjustment to be made. They told me there were no adjustments to be made and that the upper probably had a “BAD CAM”. I had to then pay $30.00 to ship back a product that they admit they never tested. I was told a technician would look at it. Two weeks later I contacted LeeAnn at MGI. She confirmed that the upper and barrel had been received in good shape and that there were no technicians to fix it. They were all at gun shows. Selling products that don’t exist. That’s right, LeeAnn has been working there since March 2011 and they have had no production runs since before she started. My rifle upper and barrel is still sitting there in Maine several months later. I get an email occassionaly telling me “next week” or “next month”.
Let me be real clear about MGI. They don’t, won’t, can’t fix products that they ship to you that don’t work. They have no qualified technicians. They can’t replace the product as they have no products and have had no products since before March of this year (2011). That didn’t keep MGI from cashing my check however. You’ll now notice that they admit on their website that they have 0 stock of pretty much everything. The part about MGI staff testing every unit before shipping is total fraud. But hey, what do you expect from a company, run by a guy who had his real estate brokers license suspended for ……integrity issues. This is from the North Carolina state website regarding Macks former business as a real estate Broker.

MACK W. GWINN, III (Fayetteville) – By Consent, the Commission revoked Mr. Gwinn’s broker license effective December 1, 1999. In an audit of Mr. Gwinn’s trust account during 1999, the Commission found that Mr. Gwinn had failed to keep proper records of the funds he held for others and failed to maintain those funds in a trust account. The Commission further found that Mr. Gwinn had failed to account for and remit the funds of others in his possession.

MGI is a fraud that lies constantly to it’s customers. Buyer beware.

hellraiser
09-22-2011, 4:34 PM
my question, why?

S**** & Giggles!

Some people enjoy shooting different kinds of guns. I'm never considered an AR in 7.62x39 but this would be the way to go! That rig featureless with pre-bans would be cool.

I do agree though that if you just wanted any gun in that caliber it would be easier to just get an AK.

[I][B]

MGI is a fraud that lies constantly to it’s customers. Buyer beware.
That story sounds like a nightmare!

djleisure
09-22-2011, 4:49 PM
It was a good theory, just poor execution and follow-through.

MrPlink
09-22-2011, 5:41 PM
AR that takes glock mags, or the AR10 that takes G3 mags, those are good ideas...
this one not so much.

Full Clip
09-22-2011, 5:45 PM
Working link... (https://www.mgi-military.com/store/index.php?product_id=36&type=&category=10)