PDA

View Full Version : First AK just Ordered (and first thread)!!!

Modimo
07-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Hi everyone,

First off, I have been hanging around here at Calguns for a while getting everyones quite valuable insight before placing this order. Thanks for everyone's contributions! Much appreciated!

Anyways, jut ordered my first AK from Lancaster (Milled with Poly furniture) and am quite excited to get it! It was a tough decision. Only tough part now is to wait a couple of months for it to get built!

Anyone have a pic of their Lancaster with Polyfurniture???

reidnez
07-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Good choice! AK's are a blast, you will not be disappointed.

SPUTTER
07-06-2009, 11:18 AM
I thought Lancaster wasnt' selling to the general public anymore?

hoozaru
07-06-2009, 11:37 AM
AKs are evil, they all hate babies and would kill puppies for Satan.

Modimo
07-06-2009, 11:39 AM
That's what I thought as well until I tried ordering from my local shop who called them and told me to go directly through them. I Called Lancaster this morning and put the order through. I was surprised by how courteous they were since I have had some less than positive experiences from out of state vendors snubbing CA. The gentleman I spoke to acknowledged how CA was a big market and exchanged some info on 10/30 mags for their ak's etc.

tujungatoes
07-06-2009, 3:27 PM
Congrats.

You should build the next one your self. I always smile when people ask me where I got mine, and I tell them I built 'em.

nicoroshi
07-06-2009, 4:24 PM
Congrats.

You should build the next one your self. I always smile when people ask me where I got mine, and I tell them I built 'em.

Likewise. :D
Building is not for everyone though.
Congrats on the Lancaster. We want pics, and a range report when it comes in.

Modimo
07-06-2009, 5:29 PM
Thanks guys. I won't lie, I am a little intimidated to build my own. Though, maybe a build party would fix that!

domokun
07-06-2009, 6:42 PM
Likewise. :D
Building is not for everyone though.
Congrats on the Lancaster. We want pics, and a range report when it comes in.

Thanks guys. I won't lie, I am a little intimidated to build my own. Though, maybe a build party would fix that!

It's a lot of work but very gratifying when you can proudly say you built that rifle you're holding! :D

07-06-2009, 6:50 PM
I have a Lancaster and I am sure you will be happy with your purchase. They are nice rifles and I have had zero problems with mine.

andalusi
07-07-2009, 7:58 AM
Congrats.

Did you build from a 100% finished receiver, 80%, or bendable flat? Not that I'm going to build an AK anytime in the near future (heck, I want to at least try modding out a Ruger 10/22 before I step up to a project like that!), but I am curious which route people have taken and what they recommend.