PDA

View Full Version : Largest gun store from Sac - Fairfield

cedew
07-05-2009, 9:54 PM
Hey folks, sorry for another n00b post...

Can anyone recommend a large gun store from Sacramento to Fairfield? I would love to see/touch an ar15. You know the Cycle Gear Megastore off Madison? Yeah, I want something like that, but with guns.

Cheers!

norcal-ar
07-05-2009, 9:57 PM
you could drive to vallejo. AAA sporting goods usually has at least 10 Ar's and 10 AK's in stock at all times. small shop but has nothing but cool stuff inside.

cedew
07-05-2009, 10:17 PM
Thank you for the suggestion! Vallejo eh...hmmm...I suppose I better walk out of the store with something if I plan to make it home? :D

hybridatsun350
07-05-2009, 10:23 PM
You could check out River City Gun Exchange in Sacramento. They're always busy and they've always got cool stuff in there.

Shane916
07-05-2009, 10:26 PM
You could check out River City Gun Exchange in Sacramento. They're always busy and they've always got cool stuff in there.

+1. Not large SQ FT wise...but definitely the best stocked.

ck867
07-05-2009, 10:59 PM
River city gun exchange for the win. Extremely well stocked dealer.

Arteel
07-06-2009, 12:14 AM
Wild bills in Elk Grove usually also Carries a decent amount of AR's.

Tunis
07-06-2009, 8:59 PM
there's a gun show this weekend in vallejo at the solano county fairgrounds. i'll have an ar-15 you can handle!

norcal-ar
07-07-2009, 5:50 PM
Thank you for the suggestion! Vallejo eh...hmmm...I suppose I better walk out of the store with something if I plan to make it home? :D

My god I love how everyone thinks vallejo is super ghetto. it has its spots but those have even calmed waaaay down. you were willing to go to fairfield and that has gotten pretty bad so i figured vallejo would be a nicer option.

cedew
07-07-2009, 6:19 PM
Haha, well Vallejo's reputation didn't come from nowhere! It's been about 10 years since I was last there, a few miles off 80 one of the main streets on the north side, at a small car dealer. Anyway, we went there a few times, each time we were harassed by crazy homeless 'dudes' on the street. And I mean really harassed, as in, if the light hadn't turned green, it would have gone ugly for us. All times just while sitting in the car, far from looking for trouble. So, that's my personal experience, and based on my personal experience, Vallejo should be turned into a parking lot. Yes it was a long time ago, and I might be willing to give it another chance.

norcal-ar
07-07-2009, 6:23 PM
yeah north vallejo had one of the worst and notorious ghettos but a lot of those people have moved out. and well theres nothing over there i need from a store and what not so i just dont even bother going over there.

cedew
07-07-2009, 6:27 PM
I didn't realize the fairgrounds are right by six flags, to be honest, I didn't even know that was part of Vallejo! I've taken 37 many times, always liked that neighborhood down on the right hand side...lol.

Might hafta check out the gun show!

Flying Bones
07-07-2009, 6:47 PM
The largest doesn't mean you'll get to put your hands on it...
Try Sacramento Black Rifle.

Shane916
07-07-2009, 6:53 PM

Thought they were purely non-FFL items.

ck867
07-07-2009, 7:23 PM

they are not an FFL. They sell Ar parts only

offdeez
07-07-2009, 7:30 PM
I second taking the ride to Vallejo and check out AAA. The surrounding area is a bit hood but inside it's all good! They let you handle just about anything and don't treat you like a jerk for asking questions about weapons you've read about and seen but never held or fired. They also had a great selection including sig 556 and saigas and ar's, as well as ammo and decent prices. Check it out!