PDA

View Full Version : Just got a BCM upper...Flash hider?

tcb
07-05-2009, 8:48 PM
I just received my BCM Mid-Length upper the other day and realized it has a birdcage style "flash hider" on it Std. Did I screw up? What do I need to do here to stay legit?

69Mach1
07-05-2009, 8:50 PM
Just the upper? Nothing. However, before you place it on a complete AR lower install the bullet button, or remove the flash suppressor and use it on a featurless det. mag rifle.

tcb
07-05-2009, 8:54 PM
I have a bullet button on a RRA OLL, So I'm good? I thought I saw on the "flow chart" that anything with a "flash suppresor" is a no go.

69Mach1
07-05-2009, 8:59 PM
An AR upper is not a firearm. There's no constructive possesion issues with CA "assault weapons".

tcb
07-05-2009, 9:00 PM
Beautifull, Thanks!

rabagley
07-05-2009, 11:33 PM
I have a bullet button on a RRA OLL, So I'm good? I thought I saw on the "flow chart" that anything with a "flash suppresor" is a no go.

Yes, you're good. You misunderstood something on the flowchart.

A flash hider is perfectly fine as long as the centerfire rifle does not also accept detachable magazines (taken care of by the BB).

Plisk
07-06-2009, 12:18 AM
If it's the birdcage A2 flashider, I believe those are ok on featurless rifles becuase they're technically compensators (directing gas upward to combat muzzle rise). I may be wrong on this, someone correct me if I'm am please.

69Mach1
07-06-2009, 1:31 AM
If it's the birdcage A2 flashider, I believe those are ok on featurless rifles becuase they're technically compensators (directing gas upward to combat muzzle rise). I may be wrong on this, someone correct me if I'm am please.

Sorry, but no. An A2 flash suppressor is a flash suppressor. No doubt about this one. A2's will reduce the flash signature.

Darklyte27
07-06-2009, 7:06 AM
In the military they call the A2 birdcage a compensator, the stupid laws claim its a flash hider, Id go by the military, but unfortunately we have to go by the law.

follow the flow chart with more detail, if you need help ask someone else to read it with you.

ck867
07-06-2009, 9:48 AM
Also realize that the Bullet button (magazine lock) on your gun means that you do not have a detachable magazine anymore. You can therefore have evil features like pistol grips, flash hiders, etc.