PDA

View Full Version : AS may sign one of the two lousy bills going..Which one ?

bg
07-11-2005, 7:34 PM
AB352 and SB357...I believe AS will sign one but
not both. Which one will it be ? I hate it as much
as you all do, but if I had to choose I prefer
he dot AB352 and dump SB357.

I truly wish he'd send all anti-gun bills
to the outhouse, but that'll never happen.

What are your feelings ?

bwiese
07-11-2005, 8:43 PM
I don't think he'll sign either. Arnie only voted for one gun bill (in a slough of others) in the past, which was AB50, the 50BMG ban.

The political logic of that signing was that it affected very few people, and 50BMGs just seem way 'out there' to average folks, even beyond semiauto AWs.

[BTW: even back in 2002ish, Gray Davis said the Legislature need to take a break writing gun laws, he didn't know if they were effective!]

But WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE multiple letters to Gov Arnie, at least once per week, during last week of August and thru September bill signing season.

Write one letter per bill - don't merge letters for AB352 and SB357, send separate letters for each bill.

Bill Wiese
San Jose

Ted_Bell
07-11-2005, 10:09 PM
I suspect that he might sign one or both if they make it to his desk. He's no different than any other power-hungry politician. He already has the "first governor to ban the 50 bmg, a gun powerful enough to take out aircraft from over a mile away and available to anyone" engraved in his biography.

What makes you think that he doesn't want to have "the first governor to require serialization of handgun ammunition and to require handguns to imprint their serial number on each cartridge fired, two powerful crime fighting tools for homeland security" added to the list? Who in the State will care except for a few "extremist gun nuts"? Think of how his ego will soar and all of the praise he will get from his family.

50 Shooter
07-11-2005, 10:31 PM
Is it time yet?

Back on subject, Arnie the POS signed AB50 because he wanted his budget passed. The Dems promised him his budget if he promised them AB50. Had nothing to do with anything else, period.

That makes Arnie a F**KING RINO and POS, let's hope he's only a one term Gov.

Read Unintended Consequences, maybe if someone sent it to Arnie he might wake up after he read it.

SunshineGlocker
07-11-2005, 11:15 PM
If he's going to pick one, I would strongly prefer that he signs the ammo ban. That law is so extreme that it will wake up gun owners in CA and get them politically active.

Also, it means that police officers won't be able to practice or do their qualifications in the state. We'll start seeing officers lose their privilege of being armed while on duty. That will also serve as a wake-up call to officers: we're (all civilians, both LEOs and non-LEOS) are all in it together and we all need to work together to protect our rights.

Inoxmark
07-12-2005, 7:54 AM
Also, it means that police officers won't be able to practice or do their qualifications in the state. We'll start seeing officers lose their privilege of being armed while on duty. That will also serve as a wake-up call to officers: we're (all civilians, both LEOs and non-LEOS) are all in it together and we all need to work together to protect our rights. Sounds good in theory, in reality I believe anyone who thinks the police will be allowed to remain untrained and/or unarmed is kidding themselves. No matter how expensive ammo may be, budgets will be adjusted to accommodate the extra expense, or LEO exemption passed a year or two later. And if ammo manufacturers refuse to sell to CA police departments, they'll just buy their ammo from some out-of-state distributor, there are plenty of them.

Ducati748r
07-12-2005, 8:33 AM
I guess it would be a good thing to send a couple of letters and some emails to AS just to keep up the pressure. http://www.calguns.net/marines.gif

bwiese
07-12-2005, 8:55 AM
Ducati748r...

Absolutely. Letters (and email) are the way to go.

If you only have time to write one good message, write a letter on your PC, and also take it and cut/paste into email and email it to Gov. as well.

BTW Slight variations in name & address, if/when entered in their database, may make multiple letters from one person count as two - name/address databases get real screwy and need to be cleaned up, "merged & purged", etc -
like these examples:

John Q. Smith
123 Fourth St.
South San Francisco, CA

J. Quentin Smith, Jr.
123 4th Street
S. San Francisco, CA
94080-1234

These are different enough that without added work there's a good chance they won't immediately get merged/purged. Staff is just typing these in into an entry screen, prob without validation, etc.

Bill Wiese
San Jose

jnojr
07-12-2005, 9:15 AM
Originally posted by SunshineGlocker:
If he's going to pick one, I would strongly prefer that he signs the ammo ban. That law is so extreme that it will wake up gun owners in CA and get them politically active.

Don't kid yourself.

vaporone_859k@hotmail.com
07-15-2005, 9:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by SunshineGlocker:

Don't kid yourself.

jnojr's got a point. I personally would lean more towards leaving the state. Was already thinking about it before, this could be the icing on the cake. I've written the letters and sent them on their way but if crunch time comes and Arnie feels the squeeze, we'll be the ones feeling the shaft.

As far as which one I'd "prefer" he'd sign, it'd have to be AB352. At least that way, I'll still be able to buy ammo and shoot the guns I do have while I'm getting ready to move as opposed to having a safe full of large paperweights and the opportunity to buy more. I've only got so many paperstacks.