PDA

View Full Version : ...........

BigBamBoo
07-05-2009, 5:04 PM

phish
07-05-2009, 5:22 PM
He called you rude for calling him out on his b.s.?

I think they're just jealous. wtf is wrong with people indeed... :chris:

very nice vertical dispersion on that load :cool2:

hybridatsun350
07-05-2009, 5:38 PM
You done good. Maybe they'll learn to shut the **** up next time! :D

hawk81
07-05-2009, 5:38 PM
I have noticed a lot of Californians are dumb @sses. They need to be checked.

BigBamBoo
07-05-2009, 5:52 PM

jcaoloveshine
07-05-2009, 6:03 PM
That rifle is illegal. You better send it to me to doublecheck and inspect.

Darklyte27
07-05-2009, 6:10 PM
A loner with a HOT wife!, thats pretty much all you need anyways.
Too bad you didnt give them a Flow chart.

BlackViper
07-05-2009, 6:16 PM
I have noticed a lot of Californians are dumb @sses. They need to be checked.

I don't think California has a lock on dumb @asses, but I'm with you.

X-NewYawker
07-05-2009, 6:18 PM
I am pretty much a loner...I tend to mind my own business and consciously (key word here) go out of my way to stay out of other peoples affairs. So I guess I expect the same from others....unfortunately it seems most of the people in this country...yes...this country...other counties seem to be better mannered....tend to really go out of their way to stick their nose as far as they can in other peoples lives.

I have lived in the same neighborhood for 3+ years now...and I know exactly ZERO of the people around me. I keep out of their way and they seem to get it that I don't want to talk,hang out,get to know them,etc.

Ok...rant over.

Ahh.. the Big Bam Boo:
The neighbors, "We really didn't know him. He kept to himself. He was a quiet lad..."

X-NewYawker
07-05-2009, 6:19 PM
Nice DTA.
Nick did a good job on that thing, didn't he? New GUNS 2010 annual out now -- article on the DTA SRS (prototype with original safety)

BigBamBoo
07-05-2009, 6:20 PM

IsaacGlass
07-05-2009, 6:22 PM
A loner with a HOT wife!, thats pretty much all you need anyways.
Too bad you didnt give them a Flow chart.

I doubt if people like that could be educated. They were shooting gangster style and trying to cite California gun law. Now that's really funny.:D

BigBamBoo
07-05-2009, 6:27 PM

Jpach
07-05-2009, 6:49 PM
Stan, you really need to stop being a rude *** for having such a rude shooting evil gun. Bad as groups as always brotha!

I really havent had any too negative experiences at the range myself. Actually a couple times I have had people tell me my bullet buttons are illegal/will be illegal soon and crap like that. I also educated a guy with a non-regd AW mini-14 that had a pg stock on it. He didnt really know what he was saying but he didnt get rude with me and so I explained the law to him. I really dont think he'll change that stock though...

And BTW Stan, Im getting a .458 SOCOM upper soon so were gna have to blow the **** out of yotes sometime after that :17:

andrewj
07-05-2009, 7:36 PM
He had good intentions. Ignoring him and continuing shooting didn't help the situation either.

BigBamBoo
07-05-2009, 7:52 PM

Fate
07-05-2009, 8:11 PM
He walks over to his buddies and three of them come back....hmmm.....so I get up and causally put my SP-101 on the shooting bench within easy reach. Now that did not go unnoticed by the "smart" one of the bunch...the same jackass starts in telling me how very rude I am and that he is just trying to help me not get busted.
I would've done the same. Three vs. 1. Sometimes "banter" is sizing you up as a target. I think you did a good job making the point clear...this is not the victim you're looking for. ;)

DirtRacer151
07-05-2009, 8:27 PM
Im surprised they even had the huevos to approach you in the first place being such a**es. Your a pretty big dude...i think i'd have just said hey nice rifle and have a nice day. I just keep a flowchart in my truck.. you never know

BigBamBoo
07-05-2009, 8:32 PM

andrewj
07-05-2009, 8:38 PM
Hmmm....so what your saying is that if YOUR at the range and someone comes over to you and interrupts your shooting to tell you your breaking the law...when your not...and then continues to bother you and then tries to bully you with his buddies...that your just gonna punk up and go along with it?

Sorry....I do not do things that way...and yes...I am a a**hole....I will be the first to admit it...but at least I will never bother you or invade your space.

And as far as good intentions...most people think Mr. O who is running this nation of ours has good intentions as well as Boxer, the Brady bunch,etc. Good intentions do not make you right.

Take care,Stan

"Punk up and go along with it"? Not quite. If someone interrupted me at the range with "legal advice", I would be happy to straighten him/her out. In fact, I have done so many times. I have educated curious onlookers at the range, random misinformed customers at gun stores, gun store employees, LEO's, friends, family members, etc in the past. Apparently I just do not value my time and privacy as much as you do. That or I just enjoy being a know-it-all in the eyes of the ignorant :p

ETA:

BTW, nice shootin' :thumbsup:

Requiem
07-05-2009, 8:44 PM
That's what he tried to do andrew... It wasn't working.

God Bless The Mauser
07-05-2009, 8:44 PM
LOL you did what I woulda done, just ignore him and keep shooting.

BigBamBoo
07-05-2009, 8:45 PM

ZombieKiller
07-05-2009, 8:49 PM
+100 on the Sp101....I love my snubby....small, sexy, deadly.

battleship
07-05-2009, 8:55 PM
You know you just posted that story to flaunt that great looking rifle you have.

Sorry to hear of your encounter in such a great local for shooting.

Arrr the universal language of a 357 magnum, dont even have to utter a word more.

Can i ask what that bad boy costs and what sort of waiting list it is to get one.

BroncoBob
07-05-2009, 8:56 PM
Stan, once again you bring a smile to my face.... I would have loved to see the guys face when you corrected him and he failed to acknowledge he was wrong. Oh did I forget to say nice shooting?

andrewj
07-05-2009, 9:02 PM
I am not going to waste my time on "straightening him out" when he knew it all already.....there is a old saying...never argue with a fool...because from a distance no one can tell who is who.

I dont see why it has to be an argument though. Im prepared to help correct anyone on what they are misinformed about. Like Ive said, Ive done it many times. I have flowcharts and penal codes printed, I have necessary #'s on speed dial, and I have and will use them. If they still disagree or do not want to listen, I respectfully dismiss them. I dont blame you for not wanting to deal with idiots like those guys, but I will. Someone should.

thegrayham
07-05-2009, 9:03 PM
I might have come over to compliment you on that sweet group, but arguing with a guy who shoots like that, and is just trying to have a nice day at the range just shows the knuckle heads lack o brains.

BigBamBoo
07-05-2009, 9:04 PM

supermario
07-05-2009, 9:15 PM
Well Look at the Brightside of things, these guys looked and or shot their guns sideways like thugs you say, but at least they actually thought you had an illegal gun, so that means, they were "ghetto looking" people that actually cared enough to let you know they thought you had an illegal weapon. It coulda been worse, they coulda been ghetto kids that actually had illegal firearms. It's better to deal with ignorant know it all idiots, than to deal with smart criminals that really know right from wrong and dont care about the law. I usually always try to be friendly, even if the person is a complete idiot, I know how to make a person feel like an idiot through kind words:D Usually I am the one stereotyped becus of my bald head and tats, OH and really cool evil looking guns!:44:

by the way, thats a super sweet rifle! too bad out of my budget!

BigBamBoo
07-05-2009, 9:17 PM

technique
07-05-2009, 9:29 PM
If you feel you need to go around "correcting" people...more power to you...I just hope you don't run into anyone like me when I was in my mid 20's....it will cure you of sticking you nose into others business.

Take care,Stan

well said Stan! I feel you...and I share your out look. I mind my own.

andrewj
07-05-2009, 9:48 PM
If you feel you need to go around "correcting" people...more power to you...I just hope you don't run into anyone like me when I was in my mid 20's....it will cure you of sticking you nose into others business.

Take care,Stan

Well of course, thats a good way to lose some teeth. But Stan, you've mistaken me for one of those nosey guys at the range. I dont approach others at the range and preach about their configurations. If they approach me, Im happy to converse... and correct if necessary. Thats what Ive been saying; Id be happy to straighten others out. It doesnt bother me. You simply do not wish to deal with them. I understand that. To each their own.

k3nnex
07-05-2009, 9:53 PM
You should have told him to call the cops before you do something else illegal

nick
07-05-2009, 10:02 PM
He had good intentions. Ignoring him and continuing shooting didn't help the situation either.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

SPUTTER
07-05-2009, 10:40 PM
I totally understand not wanting to be bothered. I've had encounters with ignorant people like this guy, but I don't get pissed. I would have just said, " oh really? Thanks for the heads up", that way he'd walk off and leave me alone. Sometimes its better to just let a fool be a fool.

xr650r
07-06-2009, 12:10 AM
I would have just said, "illegal for whom?" and smiled.

Sometimes a good stare and taking in the situation is all that's deemed necessary with folks like that.

JayRuff
07-06-2009, 1:48 AM
where is this shooting range in the hills you speak of? nice rifle

superjc
07-06-2009, 6:47 AM
Illegal pistol grip detachable..... bolt-action? Ok.

rkt88edmo
07-06-2009, 7:27 AM
Why don't you want to get to know your neighbors, at least a little bit :43: ?

BigBamBoo
07-06-2009, 8:21 AM

Flying Bones
07-06-2009, 8:23 AM
No wonder people think I am a freak. I talk to everyone who looks like they have something to offer (Or at least try). About 75% stare with their eyes crossed and 25% teach me something I never knew. I enjoy learning from lot's of different people at the range. Guaranteed, if I saw you at the range with that beaut' i'd started, or tried to start a conversation...the pistol would'a clued me in on how much you wanted to chat...odds are you'd let me take a shot by the time we were done talking. We're close enough, maybe i'll catch you at the range someday.

BTW...I CANT STAND GANGSTA SHOOTIN PUNKS. THE SIDEARM IN HOLSTER USUALLY KEEPS THEM AWAY. THEY DONT CARE TO LEARN EITHER.

IN REGARDS TO "NEIGHBORS CALLED FRIENDS" REFERENCE THE SIGNATURE.

cgseanp1
07-06-2009, 9:42 AM
off topic, but that looks like a sweet shooting area and I'd love to have somewhere like that close to my house!!

gn3hz3ku1*
07-06-2009, 9:45 AM
you are a felon? well i been called a felon by many people because they are stupid :)

either way.. get rid of the rifle.. ill take the felony off your hands..

what i get annoyed with the the most is people who think their guns are awesome.. i know they are trying to be nice but no sir.. i dont really care about your super stock glock...and no i dont really want to shoot it.. and no it's not that great that you shot 300 rds and the target which is only 15 feet away looks tattered.. and NO that does not mean you will get a headshot if someone robs you with a gun.. :)

BigBamBoo
07-06-2009, 9:47 AM

BigBamBoo
07-06-2009, 9:50 AM

gn3hz3ku1*
07-06-2009, 9:53 AM
Was....at one time....many years ago....got all that behind me and all my gun rights restored.

Take care,Stan

uhhh i wasnt serious...

reidnez
07-06-2009, 9:57 AM
When a mini van full of folks show up to shoot their hand guns gangsta style.....you know...side ways, mag dumps,etc.

You ever notice that these types seem to care less whether they're actually hitting paper? It's not about developing marksmanship skills, it's about making noise and flash. They could save a lot of money if they just bought some firecrackers.

X-NewYawker
07-06-2009, 9:59 AM
Was....at one time....many years ago....got all that behind me and all my gun rights restored.

Take care,Stan

Figured that when you referred to your time as a ward of the state. Getting reinstated, tho, that must have taken some work.

cgseanp1
07-06-2009, 10:05 AM
You ever notice that these types seem to care less whether they're actually hitting paper? It's not about developing marksmanship skills, it's about making noise and flash. They could save a lot of money if they just bought some firecrackers.

When I first took my AR out, I didn't really have anything to shoot at, so I just pointed and shot as fast as I could:) Was a lot of fun, tooo.

BigBamBoo
07-06-2009, 10:19 AM

Two Shots
07-06-2009, 10:36 AM
Triple B it's ok to be rude, they saw that NY cap and understood.;)

Turbinator
07-06-2009, 10:43 AM
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Thanks, I was going to say this if someone else didn't.

Turby

workinwifdakids
07-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Too bad you didn't give them a flow chart.

Here's the flow chart you should've given them:

http://literalbarrage.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/294168009_b25decaddf.jpg

BlackDrop50
07-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Aw mannn wheres the pics of the SP101???

supermario
07-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Thats just it.....the "gent" running his mouth never even asked what kind of rifle it was. The rifle brings attention...just because it is not something you see every day...and I am use to having people approach me asking questions about it....he was just on a mission to tell me I was shooting a illegal rifle.

Also....I guess I take it for granted...but up here in Nor. Cal. our shooting ranges are not like what they have in and around the big cities. There is no club house,range masters,etc. Our ranges are out in the hills...this range I was at is VERY remote. So having a altercation is a bit different then being on a range full of people with phones,etc. Out here...your on your own.

Take care,Stan

I think since your ranges are remote, it does make a big difference how i would react. Personally if i saw guys out there shooting anything i thought was illegal, I woudnt even dare tell them and i woudnt want anybody telling me their opinion either. Anyhow, that is an awesome range, looks like a good hunting area.

geeknow
07-06-2009, 11:39 AM
Me too! LOL...it is a hour drive one way for me to get there. Here are some more pics of the range.

Take care,Stan

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/1363/dsc038331024x768.jpg (http://img164.imageshack.us/i/dsc038331024x768.jpg/) http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/dsc038331024x768.jpg/1/w1024.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img164/dsc038331024x768.jpg/1/)

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/7060/dsc038311024x768.jpg (http://img6.imageshack.us/i/dsc038311024x768.jpg/) http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/dsc038311024x768.jpg/1/w1024.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img6/dsc038311024x768.jpg/1/)

that is a beautiful looking spot. sorry your solitude was busted up. that place looks very peaceful.

to put it in perspective, the last range i went to in so cal was built on the dredgings from the LA river (for some reason, trees dont grow on that...), full of 'gansta' types too, and the only shade available is in the porta potty...

still, a bad day there beats a good day most places....

for the record, i too would have tried to strike up a conversation with you about that rifle...

take care

BigBamBoo
07-06-2009, 11:52 AM

BlackDrop50
07-06-2009, 12:34 PM
LOL the SP101 looks tiny compared to the rifle. That rifle is sweet Stan

aermotor
07-06-2009, 1:48 PM
Im surprised they even had the huevos to approach you in the first place being such a**es. Your a pretty big dude...i think i'd have just said hey nice rifle and have a nice day. I just keep a flowchart in my truck.. you never know

Haha, my thoughts exactly :chris:

MasterYong
07-06-2009, 2:59 PM
OK... this has probably been posted in other threads before (especially since the copyright on this most-likely bogus image is 2000) but I just saw this in a thread on another forum and in light of your "homie incident" I just had to share:

http://www.enemyplanet.com/fark/memes/guns/nyte-sytes.jpg

Sniper3142
07-06-2009, 6:23 PM
Great job shooting BigBamBoo.

As for educating the more stupid members of California...

"You just can't fix Stupid."

;)