PDA

View Full Version : removable muzzle devices.

eighteenninetytwo
07-04-2009, 8:11 PM
Just saw a thread in which someoone states that they are 'Illegal in CA'. is this correct or am I right in thinking that ,removable or norn removeable muzzle devices, whether they be flash hiders,muzzle brakes or whatever, are an 'EVIL FEATURE', and their presence is negated by a non detachable magazine?

deez
07-04-2009, 8:22 PM
Muzzle brakes are not considered "evil", and are legal for use on centerfire detachable mag rifles. They do not have to be permanently attached as long as the barrel length is 16" minimum.

Flash hiders, pistol grips. and collapsible/folding stocks are considered "evil" and CANNOT be used on centerfire detachable mag rifles. If the rifle is configured for a NON-detachable mag (10 rds or less), then "evil" features are ok.

ETA: Thanks for the pointing out my error, fixed now.

Quiet
07-04-2009, 8:25 PM
Removable muzzle devices are not an "evil feature".
Some types of muzzle devices (flash suppressors) are an "evil feature".
Some types of muzzle devices (muzzle brake/compensator) are not an "evil feature".

If the muzzle device is an "evil feature" and is mounted on a semi-auto centerfire rifle, then that rifle needs to have a fixed magazine with a capacity of 10 rounds or less.

If a rifle barrel is less than 16" in length, the muzzle device ("evil" or not) can not be removable and needs to be long enough to bring the barrel length to 16" or greater.

69Mach1
07-04-2009, 8:25 PM
Muzzle brakes are not considered "evil", and are legal for use on centerfire detachable mag rifles.

Flash hiders, bayonet lugs, pistol grips. and collapsible/folding stocks are considered "evil" and cannot be used on centerfire detachable mag rifles.

bayonet lugs are only evil feaures for imported centerfire rifles.

Quiet
07-04-2009, 8:26 PM
Flash hiders, bayonet lugs, pistol grips. and collapsible/folding stocks are considered "evil" and cannot be used on centerfire detachable mag rifles.

Bayonet lugs are not "evil features".

CSACANNONEER
07-04-2009, 8:34 PM
Bayonet lugs are not "evil features".

They were during the federal AW ban but, they have never been considered evil by Ca law.

deez
07-04-2009, 8:42 PM
They were during the federal AW ban but, they have never been considered evil by Ca law.

Ugh, too many bans to keep track of :mad: I got them mixed up, thanks to all for pointing out my error.

slappomatt
07-04-2009, 10:36 PM
really I didnt know that about the bayo lug. thats good to know. so if you had a featureless rifle build and had a stock A2 front sight w bayo lug you would be GTG?

Fate
07-05-2009, 12:08 AM
really I didnt know that about the bayo lug. thats good to know. so if you had a featureless rifle build and had a stock A2 front sight w bayo lug you would be GTG?
Yes, GTG.