PDA

View Full Version : Difference between pre and post ban style uppers??

eroberts88
07-04-2009, 12:21 AM
looking for a new 20 inch upper and came across the option for pre or post ban. Anyone know the difference??

CSACANNONEER
07-04-2009, 12:25 AM
The ban that is being refered to is the old federal ban. The whole pre and post ban thing doesn't really apply anymore but, a "post ban" upper would typically not have a flash hider or bayo lug.

eroberts88
07-04-2009, 12:29 AM
The ban that is being refered to is the old federal ban. The whole pre and post ban thing doesn't really apply anymore but, a "post ban" upper would typically not have a flash hider or bayo lug.

thank you sir. I can always count on Calguns:cool:

Richie Caketown
07-04-2009, 12:33 AM
damn he beat me too it , i was gonna say the muzzle/flash attachement

CSACANNONEER
07-04-2009, 12:37 AM
damn he beat me too it , i was gonna say the muzzle/flash attachement

So, you forgot that the federal ban included bayo lugs? I've always thought that that was a good thing to ban. I think it stopped a lot of bloody drive-by bayonettings since during the whole ten year ban, I didn't hear of a single one.:rolleyes:

CHS
07-04-2009, 10:06 AM
It's not so much that they don't come with flash hiders, it's that they don't typically come with threaded barrels.

"post ban" uppers are still available for states like New Jersey that still have AW laws that mirror the Federal expired ban.

If you're running a bullet button + 10rd mag in CA, you don't have to worry about features.

Mssr. Eleganté
07-04-2009, 1:32 PM
It's not so much that they don't come with flash hiders, it's that they don't typically come with threaded barrels.

The old Federal ban included both flash suppressors and threaded barrels as evil features.

(iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor

CHS
07-04-2009, 3:05 PM
The old Federal ban included both flash suppressors and threaded barrels as evil features.

Ooooh, nice. Good catch. I only remembered threaded barrels.