PDA

View Full Version : Para Warthog .45 now approved!

toolman9000
04-28-2005, 12:32 PM
I just came back from buying one! Finally! The Warthog is on the list after waiting over a year!

I shot one before and it had very little recoil and is accurate... I can't wait until my 10 days are up!

-toolman9000

toolman9000
04-28-2005, 12:32 PM
I just came back from buying one! Finally! The Warthog is on the list after waiting over a year!

I shot one before and it had very little recoil and is accurate... I can't wait until my 10 days are up!

-toolman9000

bwiese
04-28-2005, 2:38 PM
Congrats. Good luck with yours. Lemme know how it goes!

....in '98 I had a S/S ParaOrdnance P10.

That was similar to Warthog: double stack, 10rd, 3" 'cone' barrel. Pretty clean trigger.

Comfortable & reasonably accurate to shoot, but it was a jam-o-matic on all varieties of quality factory ammo. About one round out of every 12+ failed to feed, or failed to extract, or stovepiped. And the feedramps were smooth. Tried other magazines to no avail. Didn't feel this was a 'break-in' issue, and felt that problems might persist.

My problems duplicated many reports of others
having P10 problems - even after attempted warranty fixes. Rather than deal w/warranty fixes that might not work I sold it to a guy that really wanted one (even knowing about problem).

Bill Wiese
San Jose

toolman9000
04-28-2005, 2:44 PM
I know, Para Ord. has had some issues in the past... but after test firing their whole line and personally talking to the VP of Para I am very confident of the current quality. Plus if it dosen't perform 100% I will not hesitate to send it to the factory for repair; Out the door I paid $788 so I expect it to be flawless.

I will post a picture after I pick it up... also, the only reason I got to buy this one is I made a deal with the wife that I will only buy one more handgun this year. I am a happy camper - can't wait for those 10 days to fly-by.

-toolman9000