PDA

View Full Version : Smith & Wesson 22A

Bumper
08-09-2005, 12:44 AM
Anyone own a Smith & Wesson 22A? If so, what's your opinion of it in terms of accuracy and quality? Reason I ask is that I can buy a new one for $180 + tax + DROS.

maxicon
08-09-2005, 10:20 AM
I don't own one, but I've researched them a bit because of the low price. Some folks don't think much of them, compared to a Ruger or Buckmark. Some people like them fine, but the consensus seems to be that there are better pistols for a little more money.

Here's a big pile of reading on them:

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=22a+%22s%26w%22

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=22a+wesson

max

rg_1111@yahoo.com
08-09-2005, 10:41 AM
I have one they shoot good. The mag release is strange in front strap of the grip. $180 is a good price. I agree with maxicon pay more for the Ruger which i also have and its a great shooter. Its all in how much money you want to spend. Good luck in your choice.

stillbigmac
08-09-2005, 6:35 PM
Go fondle each pistol. See wich one you like the feel of the best. If you can go rent some or try one of your buddies. See which one you like to shoot. I have both a MK6 ruger and a buckmark 11in scoped. I love the browning for targets beyond 100 yards but the ruger is better to carry..and shoot close.

Do not buy a gun because a guy on the net said it was better. Do not buy a gun because it got a great review. Buy it because you like it.

Ironballs
08-10-2005, 12:02 PM
the current Turners price really had me read up on these,.. i decided to pass and pay more to get more.

Jamming seems to be the problem-

colossians323
08-10-2005, 4:51 PM
Originally posted by stillbigbac:
Go fondle each pistol. See wich one you like the feel of the best. If you can go rent some or try one of your buddies. See which one you like to shoot. I have both a MK6 ruger and a buckmark 11in scoped. I love the browning for targets beyond 100 yards but the ruger is better to carry..and shoot close.

Do not buy a gun because a guy on the net said it was better. Do not buy a gun because it got a great review. Buy it because you like it.

+1

Bumper
08-11-2005, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Ironballsxx:
the current Turners price really had me read up on these,.. i decided to pass and pay more to get more.

Jamming seems to be the problem-

Yea, the Turner's ad is what got me interested. I'll pass on this one.