PDA

View Full Version : Looking for M1A smith in San Diego...

voodoo
03-15-2005, 2:16 PM
My buddy is looking to get some work done on a recently acquired M1A. He's wary of shipping it out of state, having once lost a handgun being sent to the manufacturer. He's hoping to find a competent M1A smith in the San Diego area. He lives in the Camp Pendleton area, and is willing to drive all points north, south, or east (preferably within about an hour).

Can any OC/SD locals chime in?

voodoo
03-15-2005, 2:16 PM
My buddy is looking to get some work done on a recently acquired M1A. He's wary of shipping it out of state, having once lost a handgun being sent to the manufacturer. He's hoping to find a competent M1A smith in the San Diego area. He lives in the Camp Pendleton area, and is willing to drive all points north, south, or east (preferably within about an hour).

Can any OC/SD locals chime in?

stealthmode
03-15-2005, 2:28 PM
i have heard that a company called entreprise does work on m14 type rifles and make their own m14 type receivers. dont know anything else about them or the work they do so i cant comment.

www.entreprise.com (http://www.entreprise.com)

bwiese
03-15-2005, 2:30 PM
Your friend shouldn't be wary of shipping. Just insure it well. You can mail rifles (but not handguns) via US Post Office to FFL gunsmith, manufacturer, etc.

I'd always suggest Fulton Armory back East for M1A work. Great rep, seems to have good turnaround times, etc.

I've not heard terribly great things w/Entrerpise esp in the FAL world (lotsa out-of-spec compromises, etc. apparently). Dunno about M1A work.

[Of course, his M1A shipped out of/back into California should NOT have a flash hider or it'll be considered a CA assault weapon. I'd also not ship any hicap mags with it.]

Bill Wiese
San Jose

Josh
03-15-2005, 3:38 PM
m-14forum.com

If your willing to ship the rifle, ted brown in oregon and warbird in TX have a much faster turn around and better prices with excellent service compared to fulton.

They are both on m-14forum

tleary
03-16-2005, 7:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Josh:
m-14forum.com

If your willing to ship the rifle, ted brown in oregon and warbird in TX have a much faster turn around and better prices with excellent service compared to fulton.

They are both on m-14forum </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd have to agree with Josh on this one. another thing you can do is ask at the M14 forums.