PDA

View Full Version : Have u experienced probs with FFL or out-of-state transfer?

LongBch_SigP226
05-02-2005, 7:07 PM
Have you experienced any problem buying handgun/long gun from out of state?
Have you experienced any glitch with your FFL?
Please share your bad experience if any...you don't have to name your FFL.

I'm currently having a glitch with my first out-of-state purchase of a gun. I'm not sure what is going on, I'll call my FFL tomorrow. But then problem could be on the other end.
Who knows.

LongBch_SigP226
05-02-2005, 7:07 PM
Have you experienced any problem buying handgun/long gun from out of state?
Have you experienced any glitch with your FFL?
Please share your bad experience if any...you don't have to name your FFL.

I'm currently having a glitch with my first out-of-state purchase of a gun. I'm not sure what is going on, I'll call my FFL tomorrow. But then problem could be on the other end.
Who knows.

kalibear
05-03-2005, 9:44 AM
What is this "glitch" you speak of? Perhaps we can help.

Black_Talon
05-03-2005, 4:03 PM
I haven't had any problems that couldn't be sorted out with a bit of documentation. Model numbers are the biggest sticking point, as they're generally not marked on the gun itself, only the box that it comes in, so if you're buying a used gun without a box, you can run into problems sometime.

Try explaining to the FFL that your NRM 1991 really is an "O1991", and not a "Government Model" (like is says on the slide). Springfield 1911s are the worst. 50 million different models and none are marked on the gun! (What's a PX9151? How about a PC9111? Arrgh!!!)

bwiese
05-03-2005, 4:14 PM
Yeah, S&W wheelguns can be funky too: 629-1, 629-2 up to 629-6. Only the higher number (or numbers) are approved in CA.

Bill W
San Jose

stillbigmac
05-03-2005, 5:04 PM
Sprinfield will supply model numbers upon request. They only need the seriel number http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LongBch_SigP226
05-03-2005, 7:49 PM
Oh no, this has nothing to do with the actual gun. More like signed FFL not getting delivered to out-of-state FFL. Sounds like the USPS lost the FFL document mail so had to ask him to resend it.

Black_Talon
05-04-2005, 4:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DingChavez:
Oh no, this has nothing to do with the actual gun. More like signed FFL not getting delivered to out-of-state FFL. Sounds like the USPS lost the FFL document mail so had to ask him to resend it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always send the signed FFL (and the Money Order for payment) via the overnight USPS Express Mail. It's well worth the $13 for all the tracking it goes through. I've never (knock wood) had a problem doing that way.

M. D. Van Norman
05-05-2005, 3:21 PM
It took me nearly a month to get an order of C&R rifles from SOG. I ended up submitting two copies of my FFL and signing an additional disclaimer. Dealing with California seems to scare some folks.