PDA

View Full Version : G17 RTF

ajaffe
06-28-2009, 10:05 AM
Does anyone "in the know" know when or if this handgun is being tested for approval on the list? I really just want the slide as I found it to be much more responsive than the standard serrations. Is there anyway to get the slide alone for 9mm aside from getting the G22 and barreling down?

Timberland
06-28-2009, 2:58 PM
You could get an aftermarket slide, but thoes cost.

Futurecollector
06-28-2009, 3:25 PM
2 weeks.

jkchan83
06-28-2009, 3:42 PM
My understanding is that the new G22 RTF is an entirely new frame design for .40 S&W. I haven't heard that there are any plans to adopt the RTF to any other gun or caliber.

ETA: I also like the design of the new slide serrations and wouldn't mind putting one on my G17. I would love to see a slide with the new slide serrations at the front and rear (like some 1911's).

Z ME FLY
06-28-2009, 4:09 PM
My understanding is that the new G22 RTF is an entirely new frame design for .40 S&W. I haven't heard that there are any plans to adopt the RTF to any other gun or caliber.

ETA: I also like the design of the new slide serrations and wouldn't mind putting one on my G17. I would love to see a slide with the new slide serrations at the front and rear (like some 1911's).

Huh? Where did you read this at? The G17RTF is already out. The plans that I have read are .40/9mm RTFs that's why there is a G17RTF out already.

626Tony
06-28-2009, 4:11 PM
I got 1 last month !!! G17 RTF ON CONSIGNMENT I also am waiting to dros ported G23C RTF try Bright Spot Pawn in Riverside !!! Talk to Dan Also Turners in Pasadena had a 22 RTF and lots of ammo !!! Shhhhhhhhhhh!!!

luckystrike
06-28-2009, 4:16 PM
i like the grips, but the slide not somuch

Quiet
06-28-2009, 7:18 PM

The RTF2 is a frame variation for the 3rd generation frame.
Glock is releasing RTF2 variants of the Glock 22, 17, 23 and 19.

jkchan83
06-28-2009, 9:51 PM
Huh? Where did you read this at? The G17RTF is already out. The plans that I have read are .40/9mm RTFs that's why there is a G17RTF out already.

I got 1 last month !!! G17 RTF I also have a ported G23C RTF try Bright Spot Pawn in Riverside !!! Talk to Dan Also Turners in Pasadena had a 22 RTF and lots of ammo !!! Shhhhhhhhhhh!!!

The RTF2 is a frame variation for the 3rd generation frame.
Glock is releasing RTF2 variants of the Glock 22, 17, 23 and 19.

I stand corrected.

bohoki
06-28-2009, 10:00 PM
yea they are out dont know if grip texture is a significant model change rtf is not mentioned anywhere on the models they are just glock 17 or glock 22

i felt the grip and i have to say i am impressed its almost like velcro for palm meat

ajaffe
06-28-2009, 11:05 PM
I got 1 last month !!! G17 RTF I also have a ported G23C RTF try Bright Spot Pawn in Riverside !!! Talk to Dan Also Turners in Pasadena had a 22 RTF and lots of ammo !!! Shhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Explain how you got a G17 RTF please.

bohoki: Main reason I really want the RTF is for the slide serrations to be honest. I felt a G22 RTF and later held a G17 Gen 3 frame and both were very comfortable to me. The slide serrations were however the huge standout and I found them to be very grippy and nice despite their odd appearance.

hkdad
06-28-2009, 11:11 PM
grip is not good... too rough! my friend bought a G22 we shot around 100 rounds each. after that our hands were burning like a mofo.. not comfortable at all. i like the old ones better! easier on the hand.

Z ME FLY
06-29-2009, 5:14 AM
Explain how you got a G17 RTF please.

bohoki: Main reason I really want the RTF is for the slide serrations to be honest. I felt a G22 RTF and later held a G17 Gen 3 frame and both were very comfortable to me. The slide serrations were however the huge standout and I found them to be very grippy and nice despite their odd appearance.

Well you can take the guy's advice and contact whoever he had in his post or you can wait a couple of weeks because it's going to get approved.

bohoki
06-29-2009, 9:20 AM
i was doing my rounds of messy northern gun stores petaluma run and reloading merkells

and helms house of guns had an assortment of the glock rtf's

but they want $45 for a ppt so i am boycotting

MallNinja
06-29-2009, 11:01 AM
From looking at the RTF grip up close, common sense would dictate that it'll wear out pretty quickly. It's a bunch of small hair like pins that ***** out of the grip to make this velcro like surface. I would imagine that these small pins would wear down relatively quickly. But then again, I'm sure the engineers at Glock have already put them through these kinds of abrasive tests. Just makes you wonder tho.

ajaffe
06-29-2009, 11:14 AM
Well you can take the guy's advice and contact whoever he had in his post or you can wait a couple of weeks because it's going to get approved.

Huh? He never mentioned where he got the G17RTF. He said the G23CRTF was purchased at Bright Spot and that Turners has G22RTFs. I am looking for neither.

i was doing my rounds of messy northern gun stores petaluma run and reloading merkells

and helms house of guns had an assortment of the glock rtf's

but they want $45 for a ppt so i am boycotting

G17s?

ajaffe
06-29-2009, 11:27 AM
Well, that was interesting. I appreciate the clues. I did not know the information that Dan gave me prior to calling. Very interesting. If any of you are interested as well, just give him a call or send me a PM.

Z ME FLY
06-29-2009, 11:38 AM
Well my advice was for you to WAIT. It will be approved, it's just a matter of time.

ajaffe
06-29-2009, 12:06 PM
When someone says 2 weeks to me, especially on Calguns, I get skeptical. Is it a real person's 2 weeks or a DOJ's 2 weeks?
Because I have been waiting for a couple of months now for the G17RTf to come up on the list after seeing a G22RTF in store for normal person sales.

bohoki
06-29-2009, 12:29 PM
Huh? He never mentioned where he got the G17RTF. He said the G23CRTF was purchased at Bright Spot and that Turners has G22RTFs. I am looking for neither.

G17s?

give em a call goog helm's house of guns

ask them about a ppt price too