PDA

View Full Version : THE STOCKADE WON"T SELL....

Mad Mike
06-26-2005, 5:41 PM
The stockade won't sell the FN 5.7 handgun,the owner,(a former cop I think) has the right NOT to sell this gun...but I personaly think he should, what do you all think of this?

Bruce
06-26-2005, 6:06 PM
Considering the prices at The Stockade, it's not much of a loss. Beyond that, it's his store he can sell what he wants or doesn't want.

BigAL
06-26-2005, 7:47 PM
Well if he follows policies you don't like maybe you should take your business elsewhere and let him know why. Did he give a reason why he won't sell it?

dwtt
06-26-2005, 9:31 PM
Originally posted by BigAL:
Well if he follows policies you don't like maybe you should take your business elsewhere and let him know why. Did he give a reason why he won't sell it?

Since the store owner is a former cop, it might be he is misinformed that the 5.7 in the hands of a regular law abiding citizen will allow that citizen to shoot armor piercing bullets and kill cops who risk their lives daily to keep the public safe. I think the original poster should just buy the gun from another store.
On a different note, I know someone shot a 5.7 at Lake Chabot here in the bay area, since I found some funny looking brass this week marked 5.7 X 28, FNH, at the range.

imported_dadoody
06-26-2005, 9:31 PM
The stockade didn't have my corbons. They suck >http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

blackmajik530@aol.com
06-27-2005, 10:29 PM
The stockade is only good to drool over new guns, since they carry a lot of stuff on the market.

But their high prices and attitude makes it a waste of my time to stop by.

stealthmode
06-28-2005, 12:59 AM
isnt the stockade in business with fowlers?

Moonclip
06-28-2005, 1:55 PM
Yes Fowlers and Stockade are same owners I believe. In all of myself and my families years of buying guns we have never bought a gun there. I have never really seen any guns at a decent price even though they have a good selection. I bought a used Ruger speed six 9mm revolver a few years ago from the estate of a man who was really meticulous.

He had written on his Ruger instruction manual the exact date he had bought the Ruger(4-15-1982),where he had bought it(Stockade) and how much, like $263.

Adjusted for inflation, is'nt that a big chunk of cash? Some things never change I guess. Stockade must be doing something right though as they have been in business for many years. That alone is no guarantee of success though as Matthews gunsmith shop in Downey which has been in business easily more than 50 years recently folded.

Draven
07-14-2005, 1:36 AM
I'd love a 9mm revolver, are they still available? My wife prefers revolvers...

colossians323
07-14-2005, 4:13 AM
Where is the stockade located, I have never heard of this store?

CraigC
07-14-2005, 12:15 PM
The Stockade is on Westminster Blvd in Westminster. Closest cross street is Beach Blvd.

07-14-2005, 1:08 PM
FYI, anyone can find, and buy, ammo for the FN 5.7 on the Internet that will penetrate vests worn by police. I would post links I found but would rather not advertise them.

LongBch_SigP226
07-14-2005, 5:52 PM
Originally posted by ShorePaul:
FYI, anyone can find, and buy, ammo for the FN 5.7 on the Internet that will penetrate vests worn by police. I would post links I found but would rather not advertise them.

AP for handgun caliber is illegal to possess, import, sell, and transport here in CA unless you are military or LEO. It's a felony. I'm not sure if this ammo is considered handgun or rifle.

http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/dwcl/12316.htm

07-14-2005, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the link. Not sure but I think the 5.7 uses the same ammo as the FN sub-gun so it would be considered rifle ammo...I guess.

LongBch_SigP226
07-14-2005, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by ShorePaul:
Thanks for the link. Not sure but I think the 5.7 uses the same ammo as the FN sub-gun so it would be considered rifle ammo...I guess.

My understanding is that submachine gun shoots pistol caliber ammunition (9mm, 45acp, .40S&W, etc.)

Definition of submachine gun (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Submachine_gun)

FNH90 subgun fires same round but CA DOJ does not consider it is a rifle. Why?

12020(20) As used in this section, a "rifle" means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed cartridge to fire only a single projectile through a rifled bore for each single pull of the trigger.

http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/dwcl/12020.htm

Moonclip
07-15-2005, 1:29 AM
Draven32< I can't think of any current production 9mm revolvers except Taurus maybe, not sure if on list. And if you do find a 9mm revolver do yourself a favor and buy it elsewhere than Stockade or Fowlers!

You would have to try to find one in CA PPT before I get to it! But serously, they can be tough to find, were generally not made in huge numbers or were that popular in the USA.

S&W made a K frame mod 547 that did not use moonclips 3and 4 in bbls in blue about 10000 made, also a stainless centennial mod 940 from 1991-1998. I have one of these.

Also have a Ruger Speed six as mentioned, was also made in a service six square butt version in blue only I think. Strangely 9mm revolvers rarely come with adj sights and the Security six was not offered in 9mm.

Astra of Spain made a 357 DA with a spare 9mm cyl and was also marketed by FN. I think some Manurhins from France were also made in 9mm but they are pricey, you can look at the 357mag MR73 one on LAGuns website and drool with me if you want!

The legendary Korth of Germany also sometimes comes with a 9mm cylinder but these guns can easily cost over 5 grand!

If you do not mind SA revolver, Ruger offers a convertible cylinder on some 357mag models to shoot 9mmpara. I actually saw one of these at a fairly reasonable price at Fowlers once and almost bought it.

I you are lucky you may find one cheap, they tend to go for good $ in Gun List but your local gun shop might have one sitting that no one wants especially if the clips are not present, many people do not "get" a 9mm revolver and thus it may gather dust and command a low price. Got my Ruger for $250 that way in 2002.

imported_dadoody
07-15-2005, 9:55 PM
Originally posted by Black Majik:
The stockade is only good to drool over new guns, since they carry a lot of stuff on the market.

But their high prices and attitude makes it a waste of my time to stop by.

lol, I thought it was only me they were giving attitude to. They either eye balled me when I walk in the shop, or are real stuffy when I'm asking questions about the gun.

atek3
07-29-2005, 7:35 PM
getting SS190 isn't easy. I only saw one box for sale on the gun auction boards.

atek3