View Full Version : Glock 23 sights

06-26-2009, 4:18 PM
Since i saw another thread and didnt want to be rude and ask about my situation.
Got my glock a few months ago, but have only shot it twice. The last being about two weeks ago.( i know i should be shooting more, but no ammo:o)

That being said, I started to shoot. I am getting my group just right, but my problem is that I'm not shooting where I aim. To shoot center of mass, I am aiming at the heart if you will. I thought I was squeezing to hard and what not, but i dont think thats the problem. Have that chart that let you know whats wrong depending on shot placement...

Glock came with adjustable sights, but last time i didnt use it, I used the front sight, but like I said, I was aiming at the heart almost and getting great shots on center. Out of 100 rounds, only like 3 went stray, hitting the belly button. Any thoughts? or am i a bad shot.lol

06-26-2009, 4:30 PM
What do your patterns look like?

06-26-2009, 4:45 PM
The best Glock sights ever:

...come with three fronts of various heights so you can dial in the elevation without going to an adjustable setup that isn't as strong.

This setup lets you look at the target instead of the front sight, yet still get an accurate alignment even though both front and rear sights are blurry. Target-focus means you can tell exactly what the target is doing, whether he's pulling out a cellphone or small gun, and if needed you can shoot without the time delay of re-focusing your eyes short to the front sight.

It's also ridiculously fast switching between targets, and with target-focus it's much easier to keep both eyes open.

06-26-2009, 5:07 PM
wow ive never seen those hex site before...i likem

06-26-2009, 7:20 PM
I love mine...'cept he doesn't make 'em for a Ruger New Vaquero. So I brewed my own up, also known as the "Goshdarn Hacksite" :).

And yeah, Tim Sheehan at Goshen laughed his butt off. But it does work along the same theory: hex rear, post front, make both as black and glint-resistant as possible. He gets there with high-tech plastic (front and rear, feels hard as metal but no glinting). I got there by use of shadow as is obvious. Same idea: sights always appear blacker than the target in any light you can identify the target in.

It actually works better in low light than tritium, which ends up being brighter than the target and washing the target out, just like how you can't see clearly somebody pointing a flashlight at you at night...

Tim's setup uses a front sight same height as stock, and his rear hex aperture isn't as big as mine. So his setup fits all standard holster.

Mine very obviously does NOT :).

06-26-2009, 11:23 PM
that's actually pretty cool. Anyone use them? Was thinking of getting night sights, but this had me thinking.

06-27-2009, 12:05 AM
It sounds like you are shooting low left? If that's correct and you are right handed it's not the sites it's most likely operator error.

You are jerking the trigger. Put less finger on the trigger and that should move your shots to the right and then practice dry firing to get rid of your flinch.

You didn't give a whole lot to work with but advice is what worth what you paid for it.

06-27-2009, 8:55 AM
Yes your right. I dry fire a lot, and I don't think of was that. That is what the chart said.
I changed my grip and everything. After watching a video on another thread. Don't remember name. But now I shoot with pad instead of knuckle. So I was guilty of jerking then. Not now though.

Thanks for all the help

06-27-2009, 9:09 AM
Where do you live? I'll shoot it for you.

Just have one of the range guys check it out.

06-27-2009, 9:48 AM
True. Live in San diego. I'll ask next time

El Gato
06-27-2009, 10:05 AM
Occasional...intermittent low shots are usually you lookin' at the target and not the bump thing on the front just before you Hack the trigger...

having said that...I love the truglo TFO's ...have them on about 5 carry guns... but we do alot of night shooting and fast shooting in variable light... I am pretty impressed with the 24/7 sights too...wife hates them...