PDA

View Full Version : Glock 32

Napalm Bulldog
06-25-2009, 10:17 PM
I just bought a Glock 32 from a fellow calgunner and wanted to hear from others who own one. What they think of it and what can you do to set it up better than stock? I have seen the tungstun guige rods and 3.5lb triggers. Plus forums that I have read said its good to switch the return sping from a 15lb to a 22lb for better performance. Is it worth it? What do you think? This is my first Glock. Thanks for the help.:D

nick
06-25-2009, 10:27 PM
Just a word of caution. The best way to keep Glocks reliable is to keep them stock :)

That being said, I only changed the triggers to 3.5# on my Glocks (and polished the moving parts for a smoother trigger) and bought those backstrap channel plugs. Well, that, and I got an Advantage Arms .22 conversion kit. I really didn't see the need to change/add anything else. Of course, it also depends on what you intend to use your gun for.

Oldnoob
06-25-2009, 10:30 PM
Only thing I ever do was put on the extended slide stop. I did try pretty much everything that's not permanently on/off my Glock and find the stock parts work just fine for me.

Napalm Bulldog
06-25-2009, 10:39 PM
Just a word of caution. The best way to keep Glocks reliable is to keep them stock :)

That being said, I only changed the triggers to 3.5# on my Glocks (and polished the moving parts for a smoother trigger) and bought those backstrap channel plugs. Well, that, and I got an Advantage Arms .22 conversion kit. I really didn't see the need to change/add anything else. Of course, it also depends on what you intend to use your gun for.

What do you think of the 22 conversion kit? My neighbor has a sig equinox. He bought a sig kit and it didnt work had to take it back due to the slide jammed. I know you have a 22 for a glock but just wonder somtimes if there worth it or should I just buy a target pistol in 22 cal?

nick
06-25-2009, 10:50 PM
What do you think of the 22 conversion kit? My neighbor has a sig equinox. He bought a sig kit and it didnt work had to take it back due to the slide jammed. I know you have a 22 for a glock but just wonder somtimes if there worth it or should I just buy a target pistol in 22 cal?

Well, both AA conversion kit and buying a dedicated .22 are good options, given that the price isn't that much different. I wanted to get an AA conversion kit, couldn't find it in stock anywhere, and ended up getting a Beretta U22 Neos (a great handgun, by the way, and it was about the same price as the AA conversion kit). That being said, I later bought the AA conversion kit. The advantage is that it allows you to practice with essentially the same handgun, but way cheaper.

I found it to be very accurate and reliable, provided I heeded the warnings on the paper that came with it (no Federal bulk pack or Remington Thunderbolts, only use high velocity ammo). It works best with CCI Mini-Mags (what doesn't), and it worked fine with Remington Golden Bullets (which is one of the brands they recommend). I must say I really enjoy shooting it on my G35 frame, and converting to it takes as little time as changing the slide assembly.

Napalm Bulldog
06-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Well, both AA conversion kit and buying a dedicated .22 are good options, given that the price isn't that much different. I wanted to get an AA conversion kit, couldn't find it in stock anywhere, and ended up getting a Beretta U22 Neos (a great handgun, by the way, and it was about the same price as the AA conversion kit). That being said, I later bought the AA conversion kit. The advantage is that it allows you to practice with essentially the same handgun, but way cheaper.

I found it to be very accurate and reliable, provided I heeded the warnings on the paper that came with it (no Federal bulk pack or Remington Thunderbolts, only use high velocity ammo). It works best with CCI Mini-Mags (what doesn't), and it worked fine with Remington Golden Bullets (which is one of the brands they recommend). I must say I really enjoy shooting it on my G35 frame, and converting to it takes as little time as changing the slide assembly.

Hey thanks Nick for the info it really helped. How much is a good price for the conversion kit?

nick
06-25-2009, 11:25 PM
It depends on how lucky and patient you are. The last time I checked the MSRP was $250 with one mag. However, it's hardly ever in stock, and dealers charge premium, as do many individual sellers. I bought mine off Calguns for $250, I think, I've seen it going for as high as over $300 here.

Napalm Bulldog
06-25-2009, 11:53 PM
It depends on how lucky and patient you are. The last time I checked the MSRP was $250 with one mag. However, it's hardly ever in stock, and dealers charge premium, as do many individual sellers. I bought mine off Calguns for $250, I think, I've seen it going for as high as over $300 here.

Thanks again Nick you have been alot of help.

nick
06-26-2009, 12:00 AM
np.

JohnnyG
06-26-2009, 2:33 PM
Glock 32 is a fun little gun, but the .357 sig is a little hot and expensive for my taste so I've been shooting mine as a .40 for years with a factory drop in barrel. Except for mags, markings and the barrel, the newer G23's and G32's are pretty much identical. (That goes for any of the Glock .40 / ..357 counterparts - G22/G31, G27/G33).

I always recommend keeping Glock's as stock as possible, since they're already "perfect", right? :rolleyes: But seriously, treat a stock Glock properly and it will provide many 1,000's of rounds of accurate service. I used to mess around with aftermarket springs, mag catches, etc... but almost always just ended up putting the thing back to stock. Now all my Glock's are stock except for Night Sights and I like them that way.

John

Greg-Dawg
06-26-2009, 5:10 PM
First, I'd recommend getting used to it by shooting a lot of .357SIG out of it.

Then, if you feel the need...most likely you won't, start playing with aftermarket parts. But you'll end up putting it back to stock because of reliability issues.

Rudolf the Red
06-26-2009, 8:57 PM
I just bought a G38 and plan to keep it stock. Glock pistols have a positive reputation in terms of reliability. Why throw a wrench in the gears? After 200 flawless rounds, I know it will only get better over time and usage. Interestingly, my pistol came with an extended slide release from the factory. Also, I should have got adj. sights. It's about 3" low and right with my eyes at 7 yards. Otherwise, just as good as these silly Glock folks have been yapping about since 1990. :thumbsup: