PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Guns Shops in Vegas

awl168
06-25-2009, 12:20 PM
My search skills are the worst. I did a search and only came up with a limited number of threads regarding this topic, so I'm going to ask. (Be gentle with the flames. :p)

What gun shops would you recommend visiting while in Vegas?

I will NOT be looking for full/hi-cap mags or anything like that as I realize I cannot bring them into CA. I just want to find shops to window shop, pickup some 9mm, etc.

Thanks!

MallNinja
06-25-2009, 12:36 PM
Lol, I heard of a couple of people that tried to buy hi cap mags for their various guns in Vegas and they checked their DL and wouldn't sell it to them. I think if they went in and asked for mag repair kits, it wouldn't have been a problem. But then again, I've never heard of anyone else getting carded. Anyways, have fun fondling all the off list stuff when you get there.

jeffyboy
06-25-2009, 1:18 PM
There are shops in Vegas that will card you. They are just trying to protect themselves.

As for shops:
Discount Firearms
Las Vegas Gun Range
The Gun Store (for your FA fun)
Master Shooter's Supply

awl168
06-25-2009, 1:39 PM
@ MallNinja: Thanks. Yeah, the window shopping will be for all the stuff I wish I could buy in CA but can't! Will definitely look for ammo and see what I can pickup.

@ jeffyboy: Thanks for the shop suggestions. I'll look up the addresses and see if I can get to them over the weekend.

VirT
06-25-2009, 2:24 PM
I visited the Gun Store.. and window shopping is about all that you will do if they sniff you are from CA. They will not allow you to fondle any of the well-stocked merchandise at all.. as for ammo.. when I went there (admittedly a few months ago).. they had a single box of 0.45 ACP in stock, and even that was WAY overpriced.

MasterYong
06-25-2009, 2:32 PM
I went in Gun Store in February and was treated like CRAP when they had no idea I was from CA. I don't live in SoCal where there are huge fully stocked gun stores so I just went in the LV one to get to see what it was like to be in a "real gun store" rather than the mom-n-pop stores I was used to.

Their employees acted like it was a chore to even TALK to me. I'm never going back there that's for sure. Their ads sure do work though, driving into Vegas there are Gun Store ads EVERYWHERE (billboards) that seem to claim Gun Store will SELL you a FA. LOL.

supermario
06-25-2009, 4:47 PM
I went in Gun Store in February and was treated like CRAP when they had no idea I was from CA. I don't live in SoCal where there are huge fully stocked gun stores so I just went in the LV one to get to see what it was like to be in a "real gun store" rather than the mom-n-pop stores I was used to.

Their employees acted like it was a chore to even TALK to me. I'm never going back there that's for sure. Their ads sure do work though, driving into Vegas there are Gun Store ads EVERYWHERE (billboards) that seem to claim Gun Store will SELL you a FA. LOL.

+1, some of the guys in those Vegas gun shops are extremely rude, I found arizona gun shops to be more friendly when just visiting to see eye candy.
If you want to handle and look at a bunch of cool guns, just drive to CWS, only difference is the maglocks.. :D

cal3gunner
06-25-2009, 6:01 PM
I would recommend checking out American Shooters. Its a full service gun store not too far off the strip. You can do window shopping, rent full auto or shoot your own guns there.

I was in there earlier this month and everyone was really nice to me and I started off the conversation by saying I was from California.

MasterYong
06-25-2009, 6:05 PM
+1, some of the guys in those Vegas gun shops are extremely rude, I found arizona gun shops to be more friendly when just visiting to see eye candy.
If you want to handle and look at a bunch of cool guns, just drive to CWS, only difference is the maglocks.. :D

Any recommendations for Phoenix, AZ? I'll be there in July (I know, I'm from Humboldt, I'm gonna meeeeellltttttttt... :D)

GettinReady
06-25-2009, 8:09 PM
Go to American Shooter at Spring Mountain and Arville. They should have plenty for you to look at. It's only 5 minutes from the strip.

flyingdrp
06-25-2009, 9:15 PM
Go to the Citadel. They're nice. Lots of cool stuff to see. Ammo was a bit pricey.

jfk
06-25-2009, 11:32 PM
Go to the Citadel. They're nice. Lots of cool stuff to see. Ammo was a bit pricey.

Another plus for Citadel. I went there two years ago and the staff was very helpful.

I went to the Gun Store (off Flamingo) in 2003 and the employee at the counter was an @$$hole. I was looking for a holster, cleaning supplies, and ammo. The first thing the guy asked was where was I from. Being straight up I said California. Before telling him what I was looking for, the guy's demeanor changes. Funny thing was I had a few hundred bucks burning in my pocket. I wouldn't piss on their builing if it was on fire.

missiondude
06-26-2009, 8:29 AM
A was also going to say Citadel. Also if you are looking for a safe, loads of inventory and hard to beat prices. I even told them I was from Cali, and the still showed me any gun I wanted to fondle. It helped that I told them about my AR's and HK-41 and how I got them...

Guy going to Phoenix, go to AJI in Apache Junction. Cool shop with no attitude at all, and again had no problem with me being from Cali. That's where I got my HK. They seemed impressed with what I was willing to put up with to buy an EBR. (I installed a Raddlock in their back room, and helped them with the CFCL crap)

I dont get the carding you to buy hicaps??? It is not a crime for a Cali resident to buy Hicaps out of state as long as they dont cross the border with them. You could have a 2nd home, cabin, or trailer in NV and have it stocked with all the free state stuff you could want.

Have fun in Vegas!!!

awl168
06-26-2009, 6:54 PM
Thanks again for all the suggestions!

Unfortunately, my Vegas trip this weekend is canceled as my father was admitted to the hospital overnight for chest pains and discomfort. Hopefully when things are more settled, I will have a chance to hit all your suggestions.

Anyways, here's a recap of the suggestions along with the addresses for others to enjoy/follow:

American Shooters
3440 Arville St
Las Vegas, NV 89102-8167
(702) 362-1223

Discount Firearms
3084 S Highland Dr # B
Las Vegas, NV 89109-1056
(702) 567-1158

Las Vegas Gun Range
4610 Blue Diamond Road
Las Vegas, NV 89139
(702) 386-4867

The Gun Store
2900 E Tropicana Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89121-7340
(702) 454-1110

Master Shooter's Supply
4017 W Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89102
(702) 362-9535

Citadel
4305 Dean Martin Dr # 165
Las Vegas
702-221-4867

MallNinja
06-26-2009, 7:59 PM
Best wishes to your dad.

chefdude
06-26-2009, 9:31 PM
Went to the Gun Store they treated me like **** but really wanted me to shoot fully autos in there range for a rediculous price...using high pressure time share salesman tactics....it was BS then I went to buy some 10rd mags for my sig p220 and they would not sell them to me..then I went to Las Vegas Gun Range (they are down the road from Bass Pro Shops) they were totally cool they let me "kick tires " for an hour with zero attitude, sold me my Sig Mags and a few AR rebuild kits, did not ask to see my ID and I left happy... so go check them out
http://www.lasvegasgunrange.net/lasvegasgunrange.net/Map_%26_Contact.html

These guys are a bit bigger and really cool too
http://www.citadelgunandsafe.com/mainpage.html

deez
06-26-2009, 10:53 PM
I would recommend checking out American Shooters. Its a full service gun store not too far off the strip. You can do window shopping, rent full auto or shoot your own guns there.

I was in there earlier this month and everyone was really nice to me and I started off the conversation by saying I was from California.

+1 on American Shooters, was just there last wkend...very friendly staff, even after they found out we were from California.

It is located on the corner of Spring Mountain Rd and Arville.

HDI is another nice shop to check out, which is a short drive out to Henderson. It has a very small showroom, but they had some nice SBRs and AAC suppressors to drool over.

Citadel is good too, although I've had both good and bad service the times I've visited.