PDA

View Full Version : What is BUMP?

Boonter
06-25-2009, 12:02 PM
What does BUMP stand for?

maschronic
06-25-2009, 12:08 PM
bumpidy bump bump. it brings a thread to the top of the list. welcome to calguns!!!

Eroland7
06-25-2009, 12:09 PM
BTT... (back to the top) also common...

Turbinator
06-25-2009, 12:13 PM
...and "bumping" a thread isn't really encouraged more than once in a 24 hour period, assuming it's a "for sale" thread.

Needlessly bumping old threads for no reason will earn you some attention from the mods. :)

Turby

maschronic
06-25-2009, 12:15 PM
...and "bumping" a thread isn't really encouraged more than once in a 24 hour period, assuming it's a "for sale" thread.

Needlessly bumping old threads for no reason will earn you some attention from the mods. :)

Turby

listen to turby!! he is a holder of the ban stick. :p

freonr22
01-20-2010, 10:13 AM
if it is a not for sale thread, can we bump after the 12am mark? or is that bad form? like if I make a post at 4pm, then realize, the timing was bad as people get off work soon then the late night crowd comes in @ 10am the next day is it acceptable 1x? or in bad taste? thank you

maxwellca21
01-20-2010, 10:43 AM
bump for those newbie who doesn't know what is "bump".

bump.

Burke
01-20-2010, 12:39 PM
if it is a not for sale thread, can we bump after the 12am mark? or is that bad form? like if I make a post at 4pm, then realize, the timing was bad as people get off work soon then the late night crowd comes in @ 10am the next day is it acceptable 1x? or in bad taste? thank you

Hello, as a noob here but not on viva el internet, I am confused at what appears to be freon22 (A Noted Veteran Member) asking this bump question... If freon22 is not asking, my apologies... if after almost 3,000 posts freon is asking 'hey what is that bump thing' ... then freon is my new forum hero across the net. Serious as heck. I'm so weary of folks always feeling like they have to know it all and act that way -especially when they don't! I myself admit to realizing after reading this thread that I have all along misunderstood what BUMP meant.

Belief One - never be afraid to admit confusion as to what I see- especially in a new board; I have no desire to goof my posts up & I figure we all learn from honest and civil exchanges.

Belief Two - if freon is genuinely asking this Question on 1/20/2010, my being old combined with my generic internet forum instincts say this-

It seems acceptable once in a great while to bump the way you describe - for we all pretty much make postings sometimes and then realize that we may have been better off with changes to the time or content. But abuse of this will not be tolerated by the folks here (I can already tell) - as "subtle" as some people think they are being (that abuse part wasn't for freon, that was a generic internet observation while I glumly shook my head IRL).

Well- not meaning to have my second post sound like I'm dishing out the goods at Calguns, but it seemed okay to hop in with my own mutual confusion as well as to immediately break any lurker status and hope that as time passes I may be a contributing member of a community.

... I just have to learn a whole lot more stuff first. Hah.
Thanks, and hope I am in bounds here, start to end.

ChrisTKHarris
01-20-2010, 12:43 PM
^^^What's with the Courier New font? lol

freonr22
01-20-2010, 12:43 PM
well the reason I asked was to add a tiny bit of exposure to a kids with special needs camp. It wasnt for a personal gain. and i went ahead and did it anyways, no one responded but the views went from 57 to 75... and ill end the bumping there for the mean time, ill bump it again in a week or 2

freonr22
01-20-2010, 12:46 PM
and by the way, WELCOME to the forum!!

Saigon1965
01-20-2010, 6:55 PM
Join the confused crowd - Am asking questions just about every month -

Burke
01-22-2010, 8:08 PM
First, thanks freon! As for goofs, I almost hit reply with the words below w/out even noticing ...PAGE 2! Wow.

So, here's what almost got slapped on page 1...

"Yes, the font. I like to search deep within and without & around until I find something that suits me: represents who I am inside. Truly represents my SELF ...ah, not really. Not at all. Total crap! I just get visually bored, and I am a supreme dork.

Was I supposed to see what freon was bumping? Is it needed, required to add the 22 after freon- when there's only 3 individuals posting? No answers needed, I'll happily flail about as is how one learns in any internet forum.

Curiouser and curiouser. Nice to meetcha."

NaughtyMonkey
01-22-2010, 8:19 PM
First off welcome to the forums.

Second off, you have no idea what confused is, I ask questions everyday. May not necessary be on here.

freonr22
01-22-2010, 8:50 PM
Well there are maybe 30-65 types of refrigerants (commonly known as "freon"). :)