PDA

View Full Version : I had a dream last night about starting a business...

cpsca
07-16-2005, 11:00 AM
First off, I'm a long time lurker and have been enriched by the many discussions here.

That being said, last night, I had a dream about starting a NON-PROFIT firearm sales company. Not that I would actually do it, but is this something that would be possible/legal?

What is the purpose you ask? When I woke up this morning, I thought it through a little bit. All proceeds go to a) purchasing needed equipment for currently serving military personnel or b) purchasing medical devices and or paying for medical procedures that the VA won't cover or c) ???

What does this do though? Well, it legitimizes firearm sales for some of those idiots who believe gun control does what the advocates say it does, it could help reverse the trend of closing firearm stores in CA, it could provide for another legitimate political lobbying platform and finally it benefits our military and veterans.

Thoughts?

Kruzr
07-16-2005, 5:12 PM
Since you need to be a "real" business to get an FFL, I'm not sure a non-profit gunstore would qualify for an FFL. You could open a store and then decide to donate the profits but they would still be subject to income tax rather than being tax-exempt.

OppLock
07-16-2005, 7:09 PM
I'm pretty sure CMP does the same thing, but uses the money to pay for marksmanship programs. I'm not entirely sure they're non-profit, though.