PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever wonder about those MEPS tests?

RANDO
06-25-2009, 8:12 AM
I was thinking the other day about the stuff I had to do in MEPS but couldnt come up with a reason for bending over and spreading the cheeks, what are they looking for in there? :drool5:

MrTenX
06-25-2009, 2:36 PM
Hemorrhoids?

socaldsal
06-25-2009, 4:49 PM
Roids/prolapse issues. Think about it, if you lift up your ruck or heavy stuff while training and your colon falls out the bottom, ever wonder how much money that would cost the gov repairing and possibly discharging that person after x amount of weeks in training? Not to mention damage done to the trainee.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rectal_prolapse

Roids are self explanatory. Please don't go in to a MEPS med checkup without washing that azz, it's disgusting and that room can smell like hell if there are a few dudes that don't really care. You can do shenanigans like that for S&G's when you're done with training.

goathead
06-25-2009, 5:57 PM
i think they just want to see if the sun was shineing

Some Guy
06-25-2009, 6:33 PM
Dont ask dont tell.

Decoligny
07-15-2009, 1:49 PM
It was the finger inserted up to the 5th knuckle that I did not enjoy.

Count them....

If they wanted to check my tonsils they should have gone in a different way.

chris
07-15-2009, 3:14 PM

Count them....

did you get the Dr.'s first name?

RANDO
07-15-2009, 11:18 PM
the peckerchecker that i had through MEPS looked like Bill Cosby, i went through the one in los angeles

spectr17
07-15-2009, 11:37 PM
My first flight physical in walks this gorgeous redhead Capt. who tells me to spread em. At first I thought I was being set up so I tell her no freakin way. She leaves and comes back with my Lt. who says I need to spread them for the nice Capt. It was all downhill from there.

Spade421
07-15-2009, 11:38 PM
The turn your head and cough is a good one too.

When I was at meps one of the doctors shared his bag of shelled peanuts with the room. ( There were about 20 of us sitting there in our boxers for an hour in the ac room because we were there on mission day) anyways long story short one kid thought it would be funny to hide a peanut in between his cheeks and gave the doctor(which by this time a female doctor took over the exams) a funny surprise when he bent over.

cj.siege
07-16-2009, 5:29 AM
the peckerchecker that i had through MEPS looked like Bill Cosby, i went through the one in los angeles

Same. Creepy.

berto
07-16-2009, 9:41 PM

Count them....

At least he didn't say "look, no hands".

jdberger
07-16-2009, 9:51 PM

Count them....

Interesting.

I never had anyone insert anything...

Does your tailor do "the shift" also?

palakaboy
07-23-2009, 2:15 AM
The turn your head and cough is a good one too.

When I was at meps one of the doctors shared his bag of shelled peanuts with the room. ( There were about 20 of us sitting there in our boxers for an hour in the ac room because we were there on mission day) anyways long story short one kid thought it would be funny to hide a peanut in between his cheeks and gave the doctor(which by this time a female doctor took over the exams) a funny surprise when he bent over.

wtf?

i was processed through LA MEPCOM and went through everything. i had this old man who wore orthopedic shoes and extremely thick glasses.

i quickly realized that they probably don't really care since they're assigning such an old doctor to do such an important job.

gunsmithcats
07-23-2009, 5:42 PM
i think we all had that ancient black doc. hes cool as **** though. guy musta been working meps since the 70's.

Vacaville
07-23-2009, 5:46 PM
Looking for gerbils.

Desert_Rat
07-23-2009, 6:03 PM

I think that guy was there in 94' too..too weird

Eroland7
07-23-2009, 6:08 PM
Hey, I've been a CO for 8 years. You would be amazed what i've seen up there... From weapons to glow sticks... :confused:

Desert_Rat
07-24-2009, 2:58 PM
Hey, I've been a CO for 8 years. You would be amazed what i've seen up there... From weapons to glow sticks... :confused:

During my P.O.S.T Training course our instructor had an x-ray picture of an inmate who had keistered a .22 snubby. OUCH!:eek:

4thSBCT
07-24-2009, 3:07 PM
i remember one poor guy cuaght hell from everyone after he accidently ( i hope) got in the line to get checked a 2nd time.

MrLogan
07-26-2009, 9:09 PM

It's ALWAYS him in LA. I had him, and two of my friends who joined years apart had him. That man is not a happy camper.

RANDO
07-26-2009, 10:08 PM
he should invest in some hand warmers

bombadillo
07-26-2009, 10:24 PM
I'd rather have other jobs than being a peckerchecker too! :rofl2:

sspen003
08-02-2009, 10:00 AM
Anyone ever do MEPS down in San Diego?

M47_Dragon
08-03-2009, 12:36 AM

I think I also had the same guy in '91.

Wow, so how many in this thread got peckerchecked by the same dude?

This is way less than 6 degrees of separation, and frankly, I am not comfortable with how we are all connected.

forgiven
08-03-2009, 2:10 AM
Obama

mattymatt
08-05-2009, 12:43 PM
The funniest thing I remember from MEPS was the whizz quiz. So there are a few NCO's watching. We do an about face facing away from the urinals (about 10 or 12 of us) and we proceed to do our business in the cup. So one of the MEPS NCO's says to one of the guys "Hey, I need to see the source of the urine!" For some reason that started everyone laughing and spilling urine on the floor.
It was gross and funny. Maybe you had to be there but there was nothing stranger in my life than facing guys while peeing with 10 other guys and everyone is laughing and trying not to spill.