PDA

View Full Version : SVI 1911

SingleAction
06-25-2009, 12:21 AM
Hi!

I tried searching for an SVI, but nothing came up.

Does anyone in CA own an SVI?

I'm interested in purchasing a new one if they are legal in CA.

If anyone has owned one, can they please recommend one? I appreciate all opinions and comments

CA Gun Laws Suck
06-25-2009, 12:28 AM
Infinity Trad. Target Pistol and the Infinity Comp. Target are both approved. I do not own one but there nice pistols.

randy
06-25-2009, 12:34 AM
styer voigt inc.

I own some. I think the only model on the approved list is in 45.

leelaw
06-25-2009, 12:37 AM
I don't own an Infinity, but do have an STI Tactical 5.0, which is pretty darn close.

It's a nice gun. Very nice. They're very tight fit, and the magazines can be a little finicky at first, until they break in. In the end, I'm happy with getting the gun for what I paid.

That said, SVI is more expensive than STI, and SVI does have reported customer service issues you might want to consider.

cal3gunner
06-25-2009, 8:20 AM
SVs are for the most part, custom guns built to the buyers wants and the waiting period can take a long time from what I've heard. Your best bet is to find a used one and do a PPT that way you don't have to worry about the CA Roster.

There are lots of competitive shooters in CA that shoot SVs. My friend has a few and they are a lot of fun to shoot. They really are a smooth top of the line gun.

Go to some USPSA shooting matches and let the match director know that you are in the market for one and he might know someone wanting to sell one. Just be ready to spend a lot of money for the gun and magazines.