PDA

View Full Version : Luger Problem

dfletcher
06-24-2009, 6:58 PM
I have a stainless 9mm Stoeger Luger - technically not a C & R, so I'm posting it here - and I have a problem with the safety lever. When I fire, the safety lever pops out from the "fire" position & of course the gun won't fire. It doesn't swing all the way from fire to safe, just enough to move the safety bar up and prevent the trigger bar from releasing the sear. This is caused by recoil of course.

The safety bar doesn't move easily - it's actually pretty stiff, so I'm surprised the lever pops out of the detent.

I've checked my grip and it's definitely not coming into contact with the safety lever or pushing it forward.

Any suggestions?

tankerman
06-24-2009, 7:01 PM
Take the whole thing a part, then put it back together again.

dfletcher
06-24-2009, 7:53 PM
Take the whole thing a part, then put it back together again.

I can pretty much do that, but I haven't figured out how to remove the safety lever. Once you separate the upper from the lower, there isn't a whole lot to the lower. From what I can see the top of the safety lever pivots between two divots in the frame and the "male to female" fit is what keeps the safety lever in place. Unless I'm overlooking a part that needs adjusting.

zinfull
06-25-2009, 9:35 AM
I am not sure on a stoeger luger but a old WWII type the safety is held by a pin in the frame. It needs to be tapped down from the top.

Jer