PDA

View Full Version : Just got my permit today.

Fjold
06-24-2009, 3:31 PM
Can you see it?

Of course not, it's concealed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Fjold/Guns/DSC00996.jpg

Jonathan Doe
06-24-2009, 3:33 PM
I can see it.:)

ZirconJohn
06-24-2009, 3:35 PM
Me too... I see it:rolleyes:

HondaMasterTech
06-24-2009, 3:36 PM
I am not sure what is going on here.

Black Majik
06-24-2009, 3:38 PM
I see the sticker still on the camera.

ojisan
06-24-2009, 3:42 PM
Nice towels.

K1LLROI
06-24-2009, 3:44 PM
You are one lucky, protected guy..
Wish it that was possible in my county...L.A.
So was it difficult?

aplinker
06-24-2009, 3:45 PM
Nice towels.

I'm sure his wife made sure they color coordinated with the coutertop, too. :D

Congrats on the CCW permit. I guess I'll have to be nicer to you in my posts, since we all know CCW holders are murderous evildoers.

brassburnz
06-24-2009, 3:48 PM
Good job! Congrats.

nosuchagency
06-24-2009, 3:50 PM
Nice towels.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j245/bcnoda/LAURA.jpg
LAURAaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CSACANNONEER
06-24-2009, 3:56 PM
I really didn't want to look that hard but, I think it's hanging to the right.

maschronic
06-24-2009, 3:58 PM
i think he wants everyone to look at his shorts!!!

Sacjesusfreak
06-24-2009, 4:00 PM
Congrats!

ZirconJohn
06-24-2009, 4:03 PM
I am not sure what is going on here.

You're not supposed to know.

That's the whole idea.

So... do you see it?

TitanCi
06-24-2009, 4:05 PM
you stink. okay you don't but the fact you can get one and I can't makes you stink. congrats!!! was it difficult or what?

Turbinator
06-24-2009, 4:15 PM
Nice job on the CCW. IWB?

Turby

Fjold
06-24-2009, 5:15 PM
Relatively easy in Kern County, from application to issue was about 12 weeks including the training class and background check.

The camera is in my right hand, I'm left handed, IWB, the right side has my phone.

Greg-Dawg
06-24-2009, 5:17 PM
I see it next to the tires.

technique
06-24-2009, 5:20 PM
As others have said...very nice bathroom...I'm a fan of decorative towels myself.

So what are you packin?

jello2594
06-24-2009, 5:25 PM
There are 5 ninjas in that picture.

ontmark
06-24-2009, 6:55 PM
Darker Shirt would help from Printing

ajaffe
06-24-2009, 7:05 PM
Are you blading us?

Fjold
06-24-2009, 7:20 PM
As others have said...very nice bathroom...I'm a fan of decorative towels myself.

So what are you packin?

M&P 40C in a Don Hume IWB
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Fjold/Guns/SWMP.jpg

El Gato
06-24-2009, 7:30 PM
Sweet... congrats!

TitanCi
06-24-2009, 7:54 PM
again, nice! if you don't mind me askin': did you claim that you have a special circumstance that requires you to carry or did you get a CCW for the hell of it? If it's the latter... I'm moving to where you're at!!! :p

Q
06-24-2009, 7:55 PM
Congrats!:cool:

GoodEyeSniper
06-24-2009, 7:56 PM
You can't see it because it's in an ankle rig, obviously... :P

way to go, though.

gose
06-24-2009, 7:57 PM
again, nice! if you don't mind me askin': did you claim that you have a special circumstance that requires you to carry or did you get a CCW for the hell of it? If it's the latter... I'm moving to where you're at!!! :p

It's not worth moving to "Near Bakersfield" for a CCW ;)

HondaMasterTech
06-24-2009, 8:24 PM
You're not supposed to know.

That's the whole idea.

So... do you see it?

What are you saying?

El Gato
06-24-2009, 8:30 PM

Kern county... articulate a "good cause" and get the permit... Sheriff is getting about 25 applications a day and will approve about all of them....none of us here take it for granted.

El Gato
06-24-2009, 8:31 PM
M&P 40C in a Don Hume IWB
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Fjold/Guns/SWMP.jpg

It seems I might have seen this rig before... please confirm...I'm curious...

TitanCi
06-24-2009, 9:25 PM
Kern county... articulate a "good cause" and get the permit... Sheriff is getting about 25 applications a day and will approve about all of them....none of us here take it for granted.

well, I'm almost done with grad school. can set up shop and practice there; can say I have to transport cash to bank and need to carry? how's that as a good cause? :confused: 25 apps/day and almost all getting approved??? sounds tempting!

ZirconJohn
06-24-2009, 9:33 PM
Can you see it?

I have a question for you there Fjold,

Did you have to come up with a long story of 'reason to conceal carry a weapon?'

Or do they allow the two worded short story as we have here in Mendocino, as in 'personal protection'.

Two questions...

Serious;
How is your mind-set now that you carry? What goes through your mind (in public) now that you have a concealed firearm? That's an open question on purpose.

thanks,

jd

battleship
06-24-2009, 10:07 PM
So does this Cali issued CCW allow you to carry concealed anywhere in california or does it only cover the county in which you reside.

Could a resident from outside of your county come to Kern county and apply for a CCW or do they have to have residency there for some time, i.e. job house within your county.

I mean we are all California residents so it should not be the reason of which county you reside in, only the good reason for needing a CCW that should make you eligible. The area you live and work in should not be a deal breaker.

It seems the Sheriff in your area is a logical man, but im wondering if his hands would be tied by laws that restrict out of towners to applying for a CCW in his county.

Sam
06-24-2009, 10:31 PM
12 weeks was about the time it took for me to get everything taken care of. Congrats!

NiteQwill
06-25-2009, 3:37 AM
So does this Cali issued CCW allow you to carry concealed anywhere in california or does it only cover the county in which you reside.

Could a resident from outside of your county come to Kern county and apply for a CCW or do they have to have residency there for some time, i.e. job house within your county.

I mean we are all California residents so it should not be the reason of which county you reside in, only the good reason for needing a CCW that should make you eligible. The area you live and work in should not be a deal breaker.

It seems the Sheriff in your area is a logical man, but im wondering if his hands would be tied by laws that restrict out of towners to applying for a CCW in his county.
You can only apply in the county in which your domicile resides.

Yes, the permit is good all over the state (unless restricted, rarely) and in a few others states.

Check out www.calccw.com for more info.

Kid Stanislaus
06-25-2009, 6:20 AM
I'm pretty much stuck in the People's Republic of Stanislaus County and getting a CCW here is like pulling teeth.

BroncoBob
06-25-2009, 6:32 AM
Good job Frank.

paul0660
06-25-2009, 6:51 AM
Everyone can stay concealed in the bathroom. Now, try getting something from the top shelf in Walmart, getting a friendly hug, kneeling to get the ball that rolled under your car, or going number two without it sounding like you dropped a can of peas on the floor.

BB63Squid
06-25-2009, 6:53 AM
Congrats, I am envious. Of the CCW that is, well maybe the towels too.

Mstnpete
06-25-2009, 8:14 AM
Normally when a picture of a man is taken in a beautiful bathroom with nice hanging towels........there should be a woman in the background! LOL.

Congrats on the CCW. I used to have a CCW from WA. State.

And I'm a lefty as well!

Neil McCauley
06-25-2009, 8:35 AM
Someone should make a "When you see it, you will 5hit bricks" poster. Then put pedobear somewhere in there.

chrisdesoup
06-25-2009, 9:06 AM
Everyone can stay concealed in the bathroom. Now, try getting something from the top shelf in Walmart, getting a friendly hug, kneeling to get the ball that rolled under your car, or going number two without it sounding like you dropped a can of peas on the floor.

I can see it now... public restroom after eating some super spicy thi... drop your pants in a hurry and clunk :rofl2:

Congrats on your CCW! I'm sitting on my app till I take the class.

Fjold
06-25-2009, 9:25 AM
I have a question for you there Fjold,

Did you have to come up with a long story of 'reason to conceal carry a weapon?'

Or do they allow the two worded short story as we have here in Mendocino, as in 'personal protection'.

Two questions...

Serious;
How is your mind-set now that you carry? What goes through your mind (in public) now that you have a concealed firearm? That's an open question on purpose.

thanks,

jd

I had a Federal carry permit for 5 years over 20 years ago and carried every day. Generally I'm not actively thinking about what I'm carrying. Subconsciously I'm always aware of what's on my strong side, where I sit, how I reach for things, etc.

These habits are so ingrained in my every day activities that my wife and kids know where I'm going to sit in a restaraunt when we are shown our table. They automatically go to seats that leave me the one with my back to a wall or oher obstruction and my strong side free.

Stuff that is normal to me other people think are odd, like I always carry and handle my money and identification on my off side and use my weak hand for almost all normal public things.

ZirconJohn
06-25-2009, 10:34 AM
I am always interested in what people think now that they carry.

For me it was a life changing mind-set. Made me very aware of my immediate surrounding, and most importantly my attitude changed for the better!

I became more polite, attentive... no more rude hand gestures at other people for cutting in front of me etc. Now my hand gestures are in compliance as to wave people on and :shrug: truce, you know what I mean.

I have helped many people obtain their CCW, and believe it or not... some people are shocked at how easy it is, even here in Mendocino.

Currently, I have one woman I am working with; a [newly] singe mother of two... she went to CCW Class two weeks ago, and next week we go to the range and pick out a stye of handgun she will want to carry.

These words are very true; An armed society, is a polite society.

Thank you for your reply,

jd

Pistolwhipped
06-25-2009, 10:46 AM
I just moved from Bakersfield to Ventura county. I really wanted to get a CCW but I couldnt stand the area and I had to bail out of there. Congrats on the permit. Your making a lot of people jealous, and I'm one of them.:rockon:

TitanCi
06-25-2009, 11:11 AM

Yes, the permit is good all over the state (unless restricted, rarely) and in a few others states.

wait - i thought you could only use the permit in the county/city you reside? a kern county CCW is good ALL over the state? really?

NiteQwill
06-25-2009, 11:20 AM
wait - i thought you could only use the permit in the county/city you reside? a kern county CCW is good ALL over the state? really?

Yes. Good ALL over the state PLUS any other states that honor California permits (Texas, Arizona for example).

odesskiy
06-25-2009, 11:20 AM
Yep, really :)

Fjold
06-25-2009, 11:31 AM

It says:

"License To Carry Concealed Pistol, Revolver, or Other Firearm Within The State of California"

I'm going to have to research what "Other Firearm" is.

socomIInato
06-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Can you see it?

It looks like he needs too iron his shirt & pants:p congrats on ccw

TitanCi
06-25-2009, 12:40 PM
wha wha??? NICE. So how long does one have to reside in a county that issues CCWs "more freely" (vs. one like SD) before getting issued one (if approved)? How exciting. :eek:

Hot Brass
06-25-2009, 1:05 PM
Frank, fold the permit in half and have it laminated. No need to worry about the permit getting mangled or mutilated.

highpowermatch
06-25-2009, 3:06 PM

When I took the Utah CCW class. They urged us as California 2A supporters to try and not change Cal CCW laws on issue. They said although hard to get you have more freedoms in California with it than in shall issue states. He said the only place restricted is federal buildings. But on the other hand does folks no good who cant obtain them.

domokun
06-25-2009, 3:40 PM
I see it...you're printing! :D J/K. Congrats on your CCW permit.

Fjold
06-25-2009, 3:43 PM
Frank, fold the permit in half and have it laminated. No need to worry about the permit getting mangled or mutilated.

I'm going to wait until I add another gun to it before I do that.

Midian
06-25-2009, 3:54 PM
Nice going man...enjoy it!

TitanCi
06-25-2009, 6:16 PM
how long does it last for?

Fjold
06-25-2009, 6:21 PM
2 years

Ditch
06-25-2009, 7:14 PM
I need to join in on this one!....congrats

El Gato
06-25-2009, 8:35 PM
It says:

"License To Carry Concealed Pistol, Revolver, or Other Firearm Within The State of California"

derringer/single shot etc... probably not an Any Other Weapon... although a prior sheriff allowed a shotgun on a permit....:D

ke6guj
06-25-2009, 8:53 PM
It says:

derringer/single shot etc... probably not an Any Other Weapon... although a prior sheriff allowed a shotgun on a permit....:D

Here's the PC for the CCW.
12050. (a)(1)(A) The sheriff of a county, upon proof that the person applying is of good moral character, that good cause exists for the issuance, and that the person applying satisfies any one of the conditions specified in subparagraph (D) and has completed a course of training as described in subparagraph (E), may issue to that person a license to carry a pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person in either one of the following formats:
(i) A license to carry concealed a pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person.

So then we look for the defintion of "firearm capable of being concealed upon the person"

12001. (a)(1) As used in this title, the terms "pistol," "revolver," and "firearm capable of being concealed upon the person" shall apply to and include any device designed to be used as a weapon, from which is expelled a projectile by the force of any explosion, or other form of combustion, and that has a barrel less than 16 inches in length. These terms also include any device that has a barrel 16 inches or more in length which is designed to be interchanged with a barrel less than 16 inches in length.
(2) As used in this title, the term "handgun" means any "pistol," "revolver," or "firearm capable of being concealed upon the person."

(f) Nothing shall prevent a device defined as a "handgun," "pistol," "revolver," or "firearm capable of being concealed upon the person" from also being found to be a short-barreled shotgun or a short-barreled rifle, as defined in Section 12020.Sure looks like you could CCW a legally-owned AOW, SBS, or SBR :D

vinny_land
06-25-2009, 9:31 PM
Good job Frank. A few more months until i turn 21 in December and depending on how long Sheriff Youngblood can process paperwork varies for CCW. I also need "good cause"

Sam
06-25-2009, 9:40 PM

Laminating it is good advice. That rice paper is a joke.

Zirconjohn,
Now that I carry regularly I find my spidey sense working overtime. Could he present a threat? Maybe we should walk on the other side of the street? Get out of that seat, I need to see the door and the cash register at the same time. I also notice I like to tug at my shirt and I bend at my knees instead of my back.

ZirconJohn
06-25-2009, 10:54 PM

Frank,

Here in County of Mendocino; we are allowed to photocopy the original, and laminate the copy. Then keep the original in a safe place. This way if you have to add gun to your CCW, you take the original in... add, and photocopy, laminate etc.

You will need to contact the Sheriff Dept. in your County, talk to staff member 'in the know' and get the answer if they allow this, or not.

Now; I have been stopped by Sheriff Dept in another County (Sonoma County), Sonoma County is NOT 'shall issue', NOT EVEN 'may issue'. My photocopy laminate CCW was NOT even a question. And the best part, NO ticket... now, I'm not saying the CCW got me out of a ticket... Deputy gave me a warning and I was free to go.

For the record; I immediately inform Law Enforcement that I have a CCW License, hands on top of the wheel in plain sight, and allow the Officer to instruct me what to do.

MiguelS
06-25-2009, 10:58 PM
Is there a list of counties that allow CCW?

Just curious what would make someone want to carry a weapon in public if not a LEO.

slick_711
06-25-2009, 11:03 PM
Congratulations Fjold!

I've never dropped my gun, but I can't count the number of times I've dropped my spare mag. Everytime it hits the floor I curse myself and say 'never forget that again.' :o

I LOL'd.

ZirconJohn
06-25-2009, 11:16 PM
Laminating it is good advice. That rice paper is a joke.

Zirconjohn,
Now that I carry regularly I find my spidey sense working overtime. Could he present a threat? Maybe we should walk on the other side of the street? Get out of that seat, I need to see the door and the cash register at the same time. I also notice I like to tug at my shirt and I bend at my knees instead of my back.

Ah-hey man... I hear ya!!!

Reach the top shelf at the grocery store; 'left arm' (I'm right handed) \\ get a hug from somebody 'right arm down/pin elbow to gun' \\ stand in line (anywhere) 'stand sideways/need to know who is behind me!' \\ restaurant 'back to wall and if possible be able to see front door' etc, etc, etc.

Oh and tough guys, possible gang member type... NO eye contact! And I NEVER give anyone a reason to get hostile with me, never push an issue... what! Yes, you are right, you can kick my ***! So, I'm leaving okay... and I walk! No matter what! I walk away!!!

Bottom line is 'I am nice' and that's all, I'm just nice.

ZirconJohn
06-25-2009, 11:28 PM

CaliforniConcealedCarry.com (http://www.californiaconcealedcarry.com/recentadditions.html)

Just curious what would make someone want to carry a weapon in public if not a LEO.

'Personal Protection':)

Hot Brass
06-27-2009, 2:17 PM

Frank, when you add another gun, you have to go to the Sheriffs office and have another permit typed up. Get the lam and when you add another do it again.

Mine look untouched in its lam state.

Just trying to help.

AlliedArmory
06-27-2009, 2:43 PM
i see something. not sure what i am looking for though :)

sigsr
06-27-2009, 5:40 PM
'Personal Protection':)

One question, I've been wondering.

If you have a permit and get into a brawl. Get your *** handed to you, and you took out your piece and fire, is that still considered self defense? Or can you draw first and be safe legally?

paul0660
06-27-2009, 5:48 PM

If you have a permit and get into a brawl. Get your *** handed to you, and you took out your piece and fire, is that still considered self defense? Or can you draw first and be safe legally?

Very good question. The probable answer is MAYBE you will do time and FOR SURE you will spend dozens of thousands on your defense. Because of that, CCW holders are the meekest people you will ever run into.

Armed=Polite.

CSDGuy
06-27-2009, 6:01 PM
There are a bunch of sites... Most use the same graphics.
Two words: Self Defense. Anything else means you're jumping through hoops...

First: you shouldn't be getting into a brawl.
Second: You'd damned well better NOT be the aggressor... and if you draw, you'd better legitimately have reason to fear for your life. A butt kicking & floor wiping in and of itself isn't sufficient...
Very good question. The probable answer is MAYBE you will do time and FOR SURE you will spend dozens of thousands on your defense. Because of that, CCW holders are the meekest people you will ever run into.

Armed=Polite.
It's better to swallow your pride than to risk prison for a bad shoot.

supersonic
06-27-2009, 8:21 PM
Hmmmm....let me guess..........you are wearing on your right side / semi-high ride holster / forward ("F.B.I.") canted???????hmmmmmm??????:confused::D

Fjold
06-27-2009, 8:36 PM
Hmmmm....let me guess..........you are wearing on your right side / semi-high ride holster / forward ("F.B.I.") canted???????hmmmmmm??????:confused::D

100% wrong, I'm left handed. I do carry my phone on my right side though.

Thanks for the input on adding another gun to the permit, guys. I'm going to laminate mine once I get everythng settled.

supersonic
06-27-2009, 8:42 PM
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j245/bcnoda/LAURA.jpg
LAURAaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMMFG!!!!!!!! I am guffawing so VIOLENTLY, I seriously think I'm going to have a brain hemorrage!! !!!!!!!!:smilielol5::::puke::rofl2::puke:......... .....:oops: , I just DOUBLE-PROJECTILE VOMITED ALL over my keyboard, desk, lap, CAT, & (finally) carpet!!!!!!! As SOON as I saw that pic from SWTE, I just knew EXACTLY what the reference was! Simply brilliant, man! BRAVO!!! (I SERIOUSLY think I'm having an aneurism........I'm going to the ER.) SCOTT :OUT!!!!!

CSDGuy
06-27-2009, 8:49 PM
Those towels... :43:

supersonic
06-27-2009, 9:03 PM
100% wrong, I'm left handed. I do carry my phone on my right side though.

"I WASS ONLA' KIDDAN'!!!!!!!"
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/giftedgiver/SCARFACEIWASONLAKIDDAN.jpg

I said that because that is the way 95% of CCW'ers (and almost 100% of COPS) wear their pieces!!!!:p

GoodEyeSniper
06-27-2009, 9:19 PM
That was rather well played.

I'm surprised I even got the reference right away, considering how young I was when that movie came out. 5ish years old.

Rudolf the Red
06-27-2009, 9:43 PM
It looks like he needs too iron his shirt & pants:p congrats on ccw

What's the matter with a duffle bag press?

Ishoot
06-27-2009, 10:07 PM

Alright this one made me laugh...I don't know why but it did. :D

supersonic
06-27-2009, 11:01 PM
I can see it now... public restroom after eating some super spicy thi... drop your pants in a hurry and clunk :rofl2:

YES!! If you have JUST made it to the public throne after AUTHENTIC India Curry, and you are already starting to spray NAPALM from yer' balloon knot...........it is just impossible to S L O W L Y get the belt down without that unmistakeable, muffled 'KA-LANK!!!'. That's what actually happened to a 'friend of mine' and made 'him' switch to the VERY comfortable Miami Classic II Shoulder Rig. A VERY close second is the GENIUS modular Blackhawk shoulder harness that is compatible with ALL Serpa models.;)

ZirconJohn
06-27-2009, 11:40 PM

Rules I follow as a Licensed CCW

#1 DO NOT get into brawl. AVOID physical confrontation AT ALL COST!

#2 'IF'; If I am attacked, and the aggressor has NO weapon... I will defend myself with my hands. And if I get my *** handed to me as you put it, then I get my *** handed to me. And the aggressor will never know I had a gun on me.

#3 'IF'; If the aggressor has a weapon, and I am in imminent danger of peril in loss of life... I will stop the threat.

I would like to say one very important thing here regarding 'physical confrontation'. Whether you are defending yourself, or not... the point I want to make clear is this!

I do not fear physical confrontation, for I fear no man. I fear ending up in a Court of Law, and conviction of physical violence. I fear having my 2A Rights stripped from me.

All it takes is a conviction of misdemeanor violence, and YOU LOSE your 2A rights!

These are things you should do whether you have a CCW and 'pack', or not.

When you walk away from confrontation; ANY confrontation be it man, woman, girlfriend, wife, or both... you do nothing but win, win, win!

Know it. Believe it. And Do it.

Sam
06-27-2009, 11:54 PM
Rules I follow as a Licensed CCW

#1 DO NOT get into brawl. AVOID physical confrontation AT ALL COST!

#2 'IF'; If I am attacked, and the aggressor has NO weapon... I will defend myself with my hands. And if I get my *** handed to me as you put it, then I get my *** handed to me. And the aggressor will never know I had a gun on me.

#3 'IF'; If the aggressor has a weapon, and I am in imminent danger of peril in loss of life... I will stop the threat.

I would like to say one very important thing here regarding 'physical confrontation'. Whether you are defending yourself, or not... the point I want to make clear is this!

I do not fear physical confrontation, for I fear no man. I fear ending up in a Court of Law, and conviction of physical violence. I fear having my 2A Rights stripped from me.

All it takes is a conviction of misdemeanor violence, and YOU LOSE your 2A rights!

These are things you should do whether you have a CCW and 'pack', or not.

When you walk away from confrontation; ANY confrontation be it man, woman, girlfriend, wife, or both... you do nothing but win, win, win!

Know it. Believe it. And Do it.

Good stuff. I would add however as I understand it, self defense is legal in the event of possible death or severe bodily injury. We all have different thresholds that we alone must choose and adhere to. I may draw in the above mentioned scenario and let the other guy make the next move if he was not armed. If he was armed then I would not allow him to threaten my life any longer. Although you'll never see me carry and instigate a fight.