PDA

View Full Version : Ruger super redhawk .44mag with red dot.

bombadillo
06-23-2009, 6:31 PM
My buddy just offered me a stainless super redhawk .44mag 7 1/2" barrel, ruger stainless rings and an ultra dot red dot made in japan for a really killer price. I don't even want to post it up until I see what you guys would be willing to pay. He never even put a round through it and its got the original tools, and single fired round with it included. The ultra dot is in the box brand new. Its as seen here in the pic obviously. What do you think a smoking deal for a brand new gun in box should be. I will say it has 2 teeny little spots from the plastic box that seemed to wear or almost corrode the edge of it. I think it may be from oils or something that somebody handled it and didn't wipe it down and it sat in a safe for almost 5 years. Its definitely not a concern of mine but figured i'd put it up in there to see what your phenomenal price would be. Anyway, what would you be willing to pay?

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l122/bombadillo08/img1245810523203.jpg

And it is a silver scope to match the gun by the way, not black as shown on the box.

JTROKS
06-23-2009, 6:36 PM
$550 to $600. Is the Ultradot a 1" tube or 30mm?

bombadillo
06-23-2009, 6:39 PM
30mm tube and has the sun shade, polarizing filter, and rubber eyepiece.

I checked around and $160 seems to be the going rate for the ultra dot scope.

bombadillo
06-23-2009, 9:24 PM
nobody?

scootergmc
06-23-2009, 9:31 PM
A good price? $600
A smokin' price? $500.

Friend discount price? $350 :D

bombadillo
06-23-2009, 10:24 PM
All right, i'm getting it as it sits with sight and red dot for $550 so I guess i'm doing pretty good.

scootergmc
06-24-2009, 5:01 AM
That's pretty good. Have fun with it!

PatriotnMore
06-24-2009, 5:04 AM
All right, i'm getting it as it sits with sight and red dot for $550 so I guess i'm doing pretty good.

That's a great price, even without the red dot.

JTROKS
06-24-2009, 6:28 AM
One thing I learned about Ruger handguns, they are tough, accurate and reliable. Just don't try to sell them when you get bored with them, because it will frustrate you when you find out they don't hold their value as much as a Colt or S&W. If you want a gun that will keep and shoot for a lifetime or two, the Ruger revolver is an excellent choice.

madmike
06-24-2009, 12:12 PM
I would be very happy with the deal you're getting.

-madmike.

maxicon
06-24-2009, 3:00 PM
The Ultradot 30 goes for around $100 used; sometimes less, but they go quickly. You don't see them for sale all that often, though.

Not many red dots in that price range that will hold up on a .44 mag, but that's what a lot of people run on their big bore revolvers over at S&Wforum.

bombadillo
06-24-2009, 8:27 PM
I checked out how much just the original manufacturers rings from ruger are going for and they're 48 bucks apiece plus shipping! :eek: I'm stoked that i'm getting such a good deal on it. I told him we can dros it ASAP and he's willing to take it in 3 payments instead of a lump deal being that its a friend of mine and he knows i'm good for it.

Johhny
06-24-2009, 8:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aERDz0Pnuvs&feature=related

Have fun, and post a video for us!

Kid Stanislaus
06-25-2009, 6:31 AM
A lot of people think the SRH is cat butt ugly but it wasen't designed for pretty, it was built to rank battle tank strong and I'm sure it is. Its a hunting handgun and if that's what you're going to do with it you'll do pretty well on anything in the N. American continent 'cept the big Alaskan browns and even some of those have been taken with a .44 mag. (I'm not about to try it, however!) Congratulations on getting a good buy and if you have anymore friends dumping guns at fire sale prices drop me a PM!

bombadillo
08-09-2009, 7:44 AM
Well, transfer was made and can pick it up on the 13th. I've had it a while, but finally got around to doing papers on it. Now its in jail :punk:

bombadillo
08-09-2009, 7:46 AM
A lot of people think the SRH is cat butt ugly but it wasen't designed for pretty, it was built to rank battle tank strong and I'm sure it is. Its a hunting handgun and if that's what you're going to do with it you'll do pretty well on anything in the N. American continent 'cept the big Alaskan browns and even some of those have been taken with a .44 mag. (I'm not about to try it, however!) Congratulations on getting a good buy and if you have anymore friends dumping guns at fire sale prices drop me a PM!

Come on up north, there are plenty of guns to be had for cheap as long as you're not looking for AR stuff. A basic AR will go for 1200 bucks here and a remington 700 sendero went for around $900 the other day :eek:

ColdDeadHands1
08-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Be sure you post some pics with the Ultradot mounted when you pick her up! That would make a great pig hunting gun!

bombadillo
08-10-2009, 7:43 AM
I already had a pic with it on there. I wanted to see what it looked like mounted loosely. I never zeroed it or anything, just wanted to see it. And hiking/pig hunting was exactly what it was intended for. I plan on getting an uncle mikes holster, and a hogue tamer grip for it as the stock grips suck for my hands.
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l122/bombadillo08/img1249918889525.jpg

Well when photobucket stops being retarded i'll post the right picture up.