View Full Version : Daisy Model 2202 Rotary Mag Bolt Action 22 LR

06-23-2009, 3:21 PM
...anyone have any opinion about these? I was thinking about getting a Cricket for my 8 year old, but I got to handle one today, and boy are they small, and I am worried my son will grow out of it too soon. I read a bit on the internet, and apparently, they didn't manufacture them for very long because they weren't as popular as Keystone's and Winchester's Jr. rifles.

If you have any personal experience with these rifles, I sure would appreciate your opinion, and what you believe would be a reasonable price.

06-26-2009, 10:13 AM
My grandpa has a Daisy in 22LR. I'm not sure if it is the same model you are looking at but it is a bolt action with a rotary magazine. I'm not sure if the model you are looking at is semi-automatic because I think Daisy made both semis and bolts for a few years.

I've handled the rifle on occasion and I think I shot it once about a decade ago. It's very light, small, and handy, I think it would be perfect for an 8 year old. My grandpa's has an adjustable LOP and maybe an adjustable cheek rest, meaning that the rifle can "grow" to accomodate your son. I'm 6'1" and I can comfortably shoulder the rifle.

The only bad thing about this rifle is that the mags are very hard to find. They look kind of like 10/22 mags but I'm pretty sure they aren't compatible. Last time I looked on Gunbroker.com the rifles were going for less than $100. Good luck.