PDA

View Full Version : Cheap FFL in San fernando valley/L.A. Area

pitbull30
07-06-2005, 12:16 AM
I reside in the San Fernando valley area. I am looking for a FFL to do a out of state transfer. I am willing to drive a bit so it doesnt have to be real close.

Also does anyone know of a transfer dealer who doesnt charge tax on the incoming firearm?

Thanks!

417gunslinger
07-06-2005, 6:59 AM
try gunbroker.com , they have a find ffl function and will list all the ffl's in your area to do transfers with their phone numbers.

good luck.

ade's gun shop in orange, CA doesn't charge tax on gun's received.

I don't think ffl's can legally charge you tax on a firearm you purchased out of state. They are only doing the transfer. They can tax you only if they purchase the firearm from out of state to sell to you.

imported_Skammy
07-06-2005, 2:14 PM
Metroshot (http://www.metroshot.us)

pitbull30
07-06-2005, 2:28 PM
I tried the gunbroker thing. It listed all the dealers i know around my area within about a 30 mile radius.The only thing is it mainly posts the bigger shops in my area and since i have been reading the posts on here I noticed there is alot of mom and pop or pawn shops who are doing it for cheaper.

417gunslinger: I called the few local shops in my area, 1 being turners. Not very friendly people to answer questions. I also called a few other shops including one in Burbank that was recommended by a previous post on here. The guys response was somthing like "70 dollar transfer and DROS, oh and tax we have to charge." I then asked him if he had the gun I wanted in stock he said "yeah we do." I asked the price, he said "we dont give quotes over the phone just come on in."

So I wont be doing business with them. I know someone is probally going to say why go through all the trouble. Well I have found this gun to be marked up as high as 200 dollars BEFORE tax,state etc...

Thanks for the info!!

imported_Skammy
07-06-2005, 7:30 PM
Metroshot is $65 for everything plus tax..

and ya Gun World is overpriced IMHO

pitbull30
07-06-2005, 7:53 PM
Well i sent metroshot an email earlier today.

I did a quick search on google and came up with this ad: http://www.gunbid.com/ffldetails.php?pk=139

It looks like he does charge a "use tax" for incoming guns...I guess I will be using ades gun shop in orange unless I can find a closer one..