PDA

View Full Version : Are the DSA's SA58 California models...

edizon
04-03-2005, 8:24 PM
...any good? I was at the Vallejo Gun Show yesterday and saw them. I finally asked for a demo on how to load the magazine. It seems a lot easier to load than any of the California-legal Vulcans...

I particularly like the SA58 GrayWolf.

edizon
04-03-2005, 8:24 PM
...any good? I was at the Vallejo Gun Show yesterday and saw them. I finally asked for a demo on how to load the magazine. It seems a lot easier to load than any of the California-legal Vulcans...

I particularly like the SA58 GrayWolf.

C.G.
04-03-2005, 8:31 PM
A lot of people like them; I will probably build one . Great site for info is www.falfiles.com (http://www.falfiles.com) .

-hanko
04-03-2005, 9:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by edizon:
It seems a lot easier to load than any of the California-legal Vulcans...
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If the subject is manufactured quality & finish, DSA is definitely on the opposite end of the scale from Hesse/Vulcan. And that just might be the understatement of the month. Do a brief google on "hesse quality".

-hanko

Mike Searson
04-03-2005, 11:26 PM
I'd buy Koretz, Perata, and Scott a beer before I'd buy anything by Vulcan/Heese.

bwiese
04-04-2005, 12:11 AM
DSA is probably the primiere FAL parts manufacturer today. They were the ones, I believe, that read the fine print and got the CaliFAL setup approved (or at least not rejected!) by DOJ.

While there are great FAL builders (CGW and Arizona Response Systems) out there for those that have acquired parts kits, DSA actually makes many FAL-related products of their own design, and they appear to stand behind their products and assembled rifles.

Do note most DSA rifles come w/new DSA barrels which are not chrome-lined.

Bill Wiese
San Jose

50 Freak
04-04-2005, 2:13 AM
Take it from a FAL guy.

DSA = good stuff (pricey but good)

Although, in some recent guns, I've noticed a increase of new guns going back to the factory for not functioning properly. May be because (according to DSA) they are swamped with military orders and are trying to get their products out quickly, and hence QA is slipping a little.

Try building a FAL yourself. It's pretty easy and will be about half to a third of the price for a DSA gun.

dave3006
04-04-2005, 5:27 AM
Does DSA weld in the magazine? Or, is the fixed mag catch the only thing making it permanent?

When I exit this hellhole (CA), I want to be able to convert it myself.

bwiese
04-04-2005, 8:11 AM
Dave...

Not to worry.

Since FAL clones are Type III 'by feature' AWs in Calif, fixed mags in CaliFALs are not welded but are merely retained in place with a screwed in magazine catch. No welding etc.

As long as it takes a tool and a minute or two to remove, it's considered a fixed mag. (A screwdriver, 2 minutes, crossing the state line lets you have full FAL semiauto functionality.)

Bill Wiese
San Jose

Rascal
04-04-2005, 2:33 PM
Don't know if Dave or Edizon are interested, but Xsquid has a G1 up for sale in the for sale forum, complete with picture. Alot cheaper than a DSArms rifle. Check it out.

icormba
04-04-2005, 2:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dave3006:
Does DSA weld in the magazine? Or, is the fixed mag catch the only thing making it permanent?

When I exit this hellhole (CA), I want to be able to convert it myself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I read here that DSA does weld part of the mag into the reciever? maybe the mag catch it's self? But the rest of us who make our own usually use the "set screw" method.

edizon
04-04-2005, 3:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rascal:
Don't know if Dave or Edizon are interested, but Xsquid has a G1 up for sale in the for sale forum, complete with picture. Alot cheaper than a DSArms rifle. Check it out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rascal, thanks for the info. I have my eye on the SA-58 Graywolf.