PDA

View Full Version : New Toy!!!! Kimber Pro CDP II

CAG23
06-20-2009, 9:37 PM
Hey All....

I haven't posted here for a while but now the addiction has refueled itself since my wife agreed to letting me get the Kimber in response to the increase in sales and the hold Kimber has put on taking orders. I will post pics when I get them up. I am so excited:D, my first 1911 and now all I need to do is break it in. I think I was lucky enough to find some wolf ammo on sale online and I picked up 500 rounds for 165. I know that wolf is dirty and lots of people have their opinions about it but I have put some through my Glock and didnt notice any performance difference or a change in how dirty my glock was after feeding it. BTW I haven't cleaned my Glock since I got it but it only has about 400 or so rounds though it. Partly to blame was school and trying to find a job. I just got back from Montana and couldn't find one at all and was told that this was a high demand gun and was backordered through Kimber which sparked me to locate one here in California. I called all around Sonoma and Marin and (I believe) I found the last one (maybe until October) at Bullseye. Fortunately they allowed me to put a deposit on it over the phone and take care of the rest when I got back. A BIG THANKS to Ethan at Bullseye!!! Since it only comes with one mag I picked some up while I was in Montana. Now I am looking for some good home defense ammo for it. I have fed. hydra shock 165gr in my Glock.....heard about powerball......Keep with the same grain of my range ammo or go with less grain HP?

EDIT: Pics Added......from my phone....will get some better ones.

BunnySlayer
06-20-2009, 9:42 PM
:useless:

Show us your new toy!!

Seriously as to your question I would chose HD ammo as close to the ammo I trained with as possible. Try Remington Golden Sabre 230 gr or stick with hydra shocks. Good stuff either way and congratulations on your new addition to your family

thegrayham
06-20-2009, 10:35 PM
OOOO, That's a pretty gun. While I don't have one (yet!). A Kimber is definitely next on my list. Congrats!

NiteQwill
06-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Good gun. I have it and love it. Use it for carry in free states.

Have fun breaking it in and update us after 500+ rounds.

Greg-Dawg
06-21-2009, 9:51 AM
Nice, how much did it go for?

goathead
06-21-2009, 10:59 AM
nice

CAG23
06-21-2009, 12:09 PM
I got it for 1385....tax and reg it came out to be somewhere around 1495. From doing my research and from talking to a few gun enthusiasts, it is well worth it. I'm a little apprehensive to shoot it (dunno who...maybe cut it cost so much) but I want to shoot it really bad!!!! Funny how I didn't feel this way with my Glock.

CAG23
06-21-2009, 12:18 PM
But I think of everyone with a wilson combat and it makes me feel better about throwing a few hundred rounds down a lane.

Miltiades
06-21-2009, 1:22 PM
I've had one of these for about 5 years and it has been an excellent gun. I don't think it has ever jammed or failed to function. You've made a good choice.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o25/pogo2/KimberProCDP60.jpg

FCinCA
06-21-2009, 2:04 PM
You made an excellent choice. This one is my bedside go to gun.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-12/528198/KimberCDPII.JPG
PS>> Shoot it but don't put anything too powerful in it consistantly, get a stainless piece if you want to do that like this TRP.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-12/528198/SpringfieldTRP.JPG