PDA

View Full Version : Legality of Less lethal bullets

stealthmode
02-25-2005, 5:13 PM
i was wondering about rubber shotgun slugs and pellets. are they legal in CA or only for police use, and if they are legal would you use them for home defense?

stealthmode
02-25-2005, 5:13 PM
i was wondering about rubber shotgun slugs and pellets. are they legal in CA or only for police use, and if they are legal would you use them for home defense?

imported_QuarterBoreGunner
02-25-2005, 9:09 PM
I believe that rubber pellet rounds are available and legal for Cali… would I ever use them in HOME defense situation? Not a chance. If someone is invading my home, they’re going to be met with lethal force. I may vocalize a warning beforehand, but I won’t let that stay my hand.

Escalation of force is a great idea; when out an about I have pepper spray (15% oleioresincapsicum), an impact weapon, a knife and a handgun. Escape and evasion may be an option and should probably be taken if possible.

But if someone is breaking into my house, that’s a very black and white decision as to the use of lethal force. I have no obligation to retreat from my home and invaders will be met with appropriate force

-hanko
02-27-2005, 7:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by s:
i was wondering about rubber shotgun slugs and pellets. are they legal in CA or only for police use, and if they are legal would you use them for home defense? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Against what, prowling house cats??

If someone invades your home, why would you not want to permanently stop the invader??

Non or less-lethal ammo is designed for cops to use, generally, in crowd control situations...maybe a step or two up from tear gas. I think you've got a very different situation for home defense.

-hanko