PDA

View Full Version : ProForce in Brea?

Shawn L
06-19-2009, 10:35 PM
I was checking out their website and noticed that they sell to security guards. The price on the Glocks are very good $398 for a G19, if your a security guard will they sell you the Glock with the hicaps or no mags at all. Do you just have to show them your guard card?

HCz
06-19-2009, 11:43 PM
I don't think you can get magazine with more than 10 rounds, but you can get in if you have a guard card, IIRC. Call them tomorrow morning and check with them. The price for Glock is for LEOs, I don't know if guards are also part of the deal.

edit: and before anyone starts complaining about how they are elitist and won't sell to regular Joes, please note that the reason for such low price is that sales to LEOs are not subject to some federal tax.

Shadowdrop
06-20-2009, 5:40 AM
They'll sell to you with 10-round magazines. They have a lot of good deals right now, Stoeger Cougars in 9mm and .40 for $340!

Shawn L
06-20-2009, 5:38 PM
I'll give them a call tomorrow, any other security guards out there purchase and handguns from Proforce?

HCz
06-20-2009, 5:41 PM
I don't think they are open on Sundays. Maybe Monday.

tomd1584
06-20-2009, 7:50 PM
Not a security guard, but my dad and I buy all our guns there. Most days you wait awhile in line, but theprices areworth it. They have tons of gear there too.

qbi2001
06-20-2009, 7:56 PM
Proforce is the only shop I purchase from. I don't know about security guards but for fire and ems the prices are the same they just have to sell you roster approved guns, and standard capacity magazines.

Shawn L
06-20-2009, 8:10 PM
Cool thanks qbi2001 on their website it states the following under the weapon:

The price listed on this weapon is only available for sale to Law Enforcement/Military Professionals (both active and retired), Security Personnel, Medical First Responders and Fire Professionals and is not available to the general public.

So instead of the 3 hicap's the Glock comes with they give you 3 standard mags.

qbi2001
06-20-2009, 8:33 PM
I don't know for sure, I currently purchase under my LEO endorsement. I talked to the store manager Roger last time I was there about purchasing as a paramedic if I left law enforcement. He told me what I already posted but I did not ask specifics about the magazine package. It may be three standard cap magazines or two. Still a great price regardless.

Overall I cannot recommend ProForce highly enough. Don't forget your credentials though you cant get buzzed in the store without first flashing your creds.

MarioS
06-21-2009, 6:48 PM
edit: and before anyone starts complaining about how they are elitist and won't sell to regular Joes, please note that the reason for such low price is that sales to LEOs are not subject to some federal tax.

I hope nobody complains about that fact...I am glad that there are stores that only sell to emergency personnel and cheaper prices; we need to show these men and women at least a little bit of our appreciation for the work that they do.

rorschach
06-22-2009, 1:56 AM
Not to threadcrap but since when have 10 round mags become "standard" capacity?

The so-called "high capacity" magazine normally included with weapons are the standard caps. Anything else destined for a ban state is just a 10-round or lo-cap.

Carry on.

Futurecollector
06-22-2009, 2:30 AM
Not to threadcrap but since when have 10 round mags become "standard" capacity?

The so-called "high capacity" magazine normally included with weapons are the standard caps. Anything else destined for a ban state is just a 10-round or lo-cap.

Carry on.

10rds became "standard capacity" January 1st 2000 :thumbsup:

carry on

Werewolf1021
06-22-2009, 2:35 AM
Hmm... interesting. I never heard of this place before. I work for the UPD in SLO, so I wonder if my ID card could get me in there even though it says civilian on it (not a sworn officer).

rorschach
06-22-2009, 2:37 AM

Not in the rest of Free America.

Futurecollector
06-22-2009, 2:53 AM
Not in the rest of Free America.

We don't live in free America in case you have forgotten

9mmlaw
06-22-2009, 7:26 AM
I hope nobody complains about that fact...I am glad that there are stores that only sell to emergency personnel and cheaper prices; we need to show these men and women at least a little bit of our appreciation for the work that they do.

I appreciate the job they do but I do take exception to the fact they receive special treatment.

I think someone making this kind of money (yes I know they do not all make this, just an example) can purchase full price gear like the rest.

Example of potential CHP Officer Salaries

First Year After Fifth Year
Base pay
$65,184 $79,248
PPP Pay
780 1,560
8-1/2 Hour Day
4,074 4,953
Swing Shift Differential
1,650 1,650
Pre & Post
2,281.44 2,773.68
Subtotal
$73,969.44 $90,184.68
Average Overtime
10,000 15,000
Subtotal
$83,969.44 $105,184.68
Education Incentive (BA) (5 % of base)
3,259.20 3,962.40
Total:
$87,228.64 $109,147.08

http://www.chp.ca.gov/recruiting/osalary.html

105k after five years with only a high school education plus benefits and retirement. I sure made a mistake going to law school.

Josh
06-22-2009, 10:38 AM

carry on

Standard capacity is what the handgun is designed to carry not what some feel good law arbitrarily mandates for magazines.

Do not buy into their nomenclature.

Josh
06-22-2009, 10:44 AM
105k after five years with only a high school education plus benefits and retirement. I sure made a mistake going to law school.

Maybe you did. But then everytime they pull someone over it could turn into a felony stop with backup that is 5-10min away. And they get to deal with people that hate them all day.

Seems like youre more upset at what they make vs the discount they get.

And to get back on track, proforce sells guns to security guards just with the 10rd mags instead. Some big changes have happened at proforce recently, so i dont know how consistent this information will stay.

There have been rumors before of them opening the store to the public and they do sell non duty firearms now when before it was only work guns.

qbi2001
06-22-2009, 11:12 AM
I appreciate the job they do but I do take exception to the fact they receive special treatment.

I think someone making this kind of money (yes I know they do not all make this, just an example) can purchase full price gear like the rest.

Why did you pick one of the highest paying as an example?

How about an EMT basic working for a private ambulance company that works 72-96 hour work weeks to barely break 40k.
Or Paramedic making 45k
Or the Security Guard making $8.50 an hour.

There are many professions other than LEO that proforce sells to.

Although as a lawyer you are hated as well, there is not the level of danger associated with your job. Until you can understand what it is like to go to work and may not make it home alive, you don't have much of a foot to stand on.

Give respect where it is due and thanks to all emergency responders.

MarioS
06-22-2009, 12:11 PM

First Year After Fifth Year
Base pay
$65,184 $79,248
PPP Pay
780 1,560
8-1/2 Hour Day
4,074 4,953
Swing Shift Differential
1,650 1,650
Pre & Post
2,281.44 2,773.68
Subtotal
$73,969.44 $90,184.68
Average Overtime
10,000 15,000
Subtotal
$83,969.44 $105,184.68
Education Incentive (BA) (5 % of base)
3,259.20 3,962.40
Total:
$87,228.64 $109,147.08

http://www.chp.ca.gov/recruiting/osalary.html

Special treatment? What special treatment? For some of the work they do and the things they get into, you honestly couldn't pay someone enough to do it. And most officers now also have some kind of higher education, and if not, they either went into the armed forces out of high school or did something else meaningful. You can't apply at age 18 (the age most kids are at when graduating HS) so you have at least a couple years of in-between time. Sitting at home on the rents' couch is not impressive for an interviewer to hear.

In all seriousness though, as someone who lives in LA, you should understand salary vs. cost of living. Here in the Bay Area, you won't get much at all with a $100k before tax salary; now factor in supporting a family. Any discount we can give them to show our appreciation for the work they do should be protected and enforced.

rorschach
06-22-2009, 3:33 PM
We don't live in free America in case you have forgotten

So "standard capacity" are 10 rounds in California and other ban states, but are 11+ rounds in the rest of the country? :rolleyes: I'm not buying it. 10 round mags should be called lo-cap, or Brady mags, and not "standard" cap, which should be reserved for the regular mags designed for the weapon.

High Capacity magazines....no such thing.:sleeping:

Carry on.

squishyhead
06-22-2009, 5:10 PM
To OP, Pro Force is the greatest store on the planet. I'm EMS and I've bought 2 Glocks, 1 Smith and Wesson M&P, and one Remington 870P from them over the past year. Their prices are fantastic, and there are really nice people working there. Right now their gun selection is a little low, but they've still got a better selection than almost everyone else. When you buy your pistol your bill will show as being charged for 3 10 round mags, while being refunded for 3 "high-cap" mags. Also, non-LEO are only allowed to buy guns with white price tags. Anything with a blue price tag is LEO only.

Shawn L
06-22-2009, 9:38 PM
Thanks squishyhead I haven't found a chance to call them because my family is here from out of town.