PDA

View Full Version : What do you keep in your patrol car trunk?

WokMaster1
06-19-2009, 9:03 PM
I was looking at the Ford Crown Victoria today & that trunk is huge. What do you guys keep in there?

rulas41
06-19-2009, 9:49 PM
im not a cop but all my gun stuff takes up a quarter of the space

TRICKSTER
06-19-2009, 10:08 PM
My Mother-In-Law.

eltee
06-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Krispy Kremes and a jug full of Starbucks

CSDGuy
06-19-2009, 10:15 PM
Haven't you guys heard of the trunk monkey? They're the latest in LEO Safety...

Ron-Solo
06-19-2009, 10:41 PM
Trainees..................:43:

tyrist
06-19-2009, 11:41 PM
In all seriousness the equipment of two Officers will pretty much pack that trunk. Usually it holds two large bags loaded up with books, guides, maps, reference material, reports, tools, a bean bag shotgun, rifle, wmd gear, fire extinguisher, and a couple ballistic helmets. The trunk fills up quickly.

taloft
06-20-2009, 5:00 AM
Duct tape, 1 large roll of plastic, 3 bags of lye, and a shovel.:43:

J/k...

....I only carry 2 bags of lye or the body won't fit.:eek:

Note: This is only a joke. If you failed to understand that, please see a qualified doctor immediately as your BS detector may be faulty.

WokMaster1
06-20-2009, 7:28 AM
^^^^^ Taloft, that was funny!!:D

Steyrlp10
06-20-2009, 9:03 AM
Haven't you guys heard of the trunk monkey? They're the latest in LEO Safety...

Ditto... I have the model with the throwing-the-body-over-the-bridge capability. Best purchase I made in a long time!

bubbagump
06-20-2009, 9:21 AM
Teddy Bear

GUN

eltee
06-20-2009, 10:41 AM
Alot of the space in the trunks of our Vics / Police Interceptors was taken up by electronics (radio and computer), standard road gear (flares, barricade tape, fire extinguisher, spare tire), rifles and duty bags. Maybe an extra jacket and a BOB. There is NO room in the front seat area and you sure don't want to store anything in the back seat for the most part.

Jonathan Doe
06-20-2009, 7:59 PM
For sure, a poncho, 2 liter bottle of water, at least one pack of MRE, extra radio battery, extra flash light and battery, penal code book, vehicle code book, boonie hat, other nesesary items in a war bag.

retired
06-21-2009, 1:45 PM
For sure, a poncho, 2 liter bottle of water, at least one pack of MRE, extra radio battery, extra flash light and battery, penal code book, vehicle code book, boonie hat, other nesesary items in a war bag.

You must have worked a station with a lot of extra radio batteries topgun. None of the 3 I worked permitted us to take an extra battery. There weren't enough. The batteries from the prior shift were put in the chargers when they came off duty and we would take the charged ones.

One thing you always wanted to check was that the fire extinguisher was always secure in its base. I never had it happen, but it sure was funny to see the results of an extinguisher spraying its contents on what was in the trunk.:D

A pic of that generally made it into the Dept. mag.

MontClaire
06-21-2009, 1:55 PM
dunkin donuts jumbo pack.:smilielol5:

goathead
06-21-2009, 2:12 PM
trunk monkeys are cool

Jonathan Doe
06-21-2009, 4:00 PM
You must have worked a station with a lot of extra radio batteries topgun. None of the 3 I worked permitted us to take an extra battery. There weren't enough. The batteries from the prior shift were put in the chargers when they came off duty and we would take the charged ones.

One thing you always wanted to check was that the fire extinguisher was always secure in its base. I never had it happen, but it sure was funny to see the results of an extinguisher spraying its contents on what was in the trunk.:D

A pic of that generally made it into the Dept. mag.

Actually, I smuggled one in my bag and later got busted for it. The sgt gave me a warning not to do it again, but I did it anyways. When you are 10 minute code 3 runs away, I cannot afford to be without a portable communication to handle calls.

ilbob
06-21-2009, 7:43 PM
Actually, I smuggled one in my bag and later got busted for it. The sgt gave me a warning not to do it again, but I did it anyways. When you are 10 minute code 3 runs away, I cannot afford to be without a portable communication to handle calls.

I hear a lot of cops complaining about not having extra batteries. Why not just buy yourself one and a charger and be done with it?

Jonathan Doe
06-21-2009, 9:17 PM
I hear a lot of cops complaining about not having extra batteries. Why not just buy yourself one and a charger and be done with it?

Maybe I was dumb. Never thougth about that.:D

SoCalDep
06-21-2009, 9:34 PM
While most of the time, finding a charged battery for my radio is hard enough, let alone an extra, I try to grab one because I work a county area that can be up to a 45 minute drive from the station. In good weather.

My trunk has more stuff than most deputies I know...I'm a gear junkie and a list-maker, so yes, I'm one of "those" people.

I have the following, more or less:

1. War bag cont. admin supplies, digital camera, and some basic tools.
2. Canvas (Israeli, I think?) briefcase with all my evidence supplies to include everything from gloves to bags to narco bags to GSR kits, etc....
3. Large bag (Hatch M2...falling apart, soon to change) containing my riot gear (helmet, gas mask, flex-cuffs, trauma kit, etc.) and my "disaster gear". The disaster side includes my fire kit (Work gloves, face masks, goggles, forestry maps for the area), poncho and jacket, gas line wrench/emergency hammer, military shovel, my snazzy new disaster/traffic vest, and my stuckatworkwithnoreliefbecausei'mstuckinthemiddleo fthedesertandforgottenbecausethedunghitthefanandev eryonestoobusytodealwithminorthingslikemypersonalp roblemsv kit. It has some canned food, a stove with fuel and lighters, first aid, etc.
4. A gallon of water
5. Bolt cutters
6. Entry Vest with extra ammunition for shotgun and handgun
7. Stunbag shotgun (when available)

I also have a substantial amount of gear up front. I have;

1. An Uncle Mike's seat organizer with forms, reference material, ticket book, Mag 2D LED (The new one with the rebel bulb), backup Mag 2D, maps, digital recorder, etc.
2. My computer bag. the shoulder strap is wrapped around the organizer to secure it to the seat. It has my mini-laptop computer (just got it in December...Super cool...yea, I'm now all modern and stuff...) flash memory sticks, admin stuff, computer cables, etc.
3. Drop leg pouch (bail-out bag...er..pouch) with shotgun and handgun ammo and hobble.
4. Inverter to charge computer/phone/etc.
5. GPS (Also got in December...after holding out as long as I could...Why did I wait so long!!!)
6. Shotgun
7. Personals kit
8. Hand Sanitizer/baby wipes
9. Water

USMC_2651_E5
06-21-2009, 11:10 PM
I've got 3 oz each of Tar and weed, a Kilo of Cocaine, and a kilo of Meth. Seriously. Hint-11367.5 (b) H&S.

Ron-Solo
06-22-2009, 4:53 PM

Often times they are not available for general purchase. Seems like by the time we take delivery on radio items, the stuff is outdated and obsolete. The perils of a big department. I remember the days without hand held radios. We still managed to get the job done, even with the complaints on the outside speakers at 0200.

Jonathan Doe
06-22-2009, 5:17 PM
I remember the days without hand held radios. We still managed to get the job done, even with the complaints on the outside speakers at 0200.

I remember those times in late 80's.

J_B
06-23-2009, 3:02 PM
I was looking at the Ford Crown Victoria today & that trunk is huge. What do you guys keep in there?

Alot of crap...just thinking about it.

1) I have a "LAPD war bag" I purchased years ago. Has my dept. issued riot gear-gas mask,helmet etc, small accordian file w/some forms (I'm a FTO so no forms for me!!), 4 boxes of .40cal ammo, 4 boxes 12 ga ammo-slugs/buck, bunch of Surefire 123 batteries, 2 extra radio batteries I "acquired", my Army issued MICH helmet and MRE's and 5 sets of extra handcuffs.

2) Pepperball gun, entry shield, 2 riot batons, first aid kit, tool box large enough for lots and lots of flares & fire extinguisher.

3) Back pack w/booking packets and misc crap.

Front seat: Uncle Mike's seat organizer w/posse box, map book, Surefire battery holder, 2 sets of max restraints, spit masks, ticket book, SL20, 6-30 round 5.56 mags w/Ranger plates, digital camera, pens etc..Oh yeah and a my new addition: Bose portable iPod dock....this thing is a life saver.

retired
06-23-2009, 5:27 PM
When I worked patrol, I used to keep my war bag that had all the report forms, ammo, Penal Code, Vehicle Code, some tools, extra Streamlight battery and other things I've forgotten since it has been so long. We also carried the bean bag shotgun in a plastic case. When I say all forms, I mean everything that I could find in the station briefing room. I even carried the Horse Tack form even tho I never used it. We had horses at two of the stations I worked at and I was always afraid if I didn't carry at least one, that would be the report I would get. lol

Oh yeah....I also made sure the fire extinguisher was tightly held in place by the bungee cord. lol

Eye-In-The-Sky
06-23-2009, 9:01 PM
My sergeant! hahahahahahha Sarge!

gman183
06-24-2009, 8:49 AM
LEO'S PLEASE DONT TELL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure 99.9% of you are all great people. Unless you are a piece of **** gangster, dope-head or general scumbag, I have NEVER or will never jam a honest citizen for a chicken-poop firearms violation. Unless you are doing something stupid, I could not care less about your bullet-botton or lack there of, or your PC 12025 (CCW) violation.

So in return please dont ask what is in our trunk, what gear we carry or what equiptment is issued to us. There is a small portion 0.1% of the population who intent to do all of us harm. There are gangs who send members through Marine Corp boot camp, have them go to iraq, gain military equipment and tactics and then when they are discharged they return home and teach thier tactics to the gang members.

What is in a patrol vehicle's trunk should not be published in this type of format where anyone (including scumbags) can read. Is short please stop asking these type of questions in a public forum. FOR THE LEO'S WHO ARE TOO NEW OR JUST DIDN'T THINK BEFORE ANSWERING THESE OR OTHER CONFIDENTIAL QUESTIONS, *****PLEASE STOP*****.
Very Respectfully,

Gman183

Triad
06-24-2009, 8:58 AM
EVERYTHING.

EDIT

eltee
06-24-2009, 9:33 AM
The badguys pretty much know, by jurisdiction, what's generally carried in the trunks of our cars. No secret, and most badguys have a link to someone in the department anyway. The DOJ intel unit reports on the current numbers of suspected infiltrators in LE, as gangs have "clean" members and affiliates working in ancillary positions in LE and the court system and some have even become sworn members.

In the back of my unit, in addition to what has already been posted, I keep cash, drugs, full auto firearms with lots of ammo, photographic evidence of high ranking public officials committing crimes and the unlisted home phone numbers for the models in the current issues of Maxim and Playboy.

...and a hungry California puma with an attitude (since the legendary Trunk Monkeys are banned out here).

El Gato
06-24-2009, 10:08 AM
My 08 crown vic has the trunk monky buttons on both the door and the dash so that either I or a trainee can access the "monkey"...
My monkey has to have a bullet button....and they won't give me a letter for a puma...you have to have a letter to get one of them don't you...seriously...don't you...anyone....or not....:rolleyes:

seriously... all of the stuff I "need" for arresting folks and collecting evidence in the trunk plus survival stuff for if/when I am broken down in the desert/mountain etc. without water/heat etc...

gman183
06-26-2009, 11:31 PM
You must be BRAND NEW or a TOTAL FAKE. The "Bad Guys" might have an idea what make and model pistol we carry and what guns are in the shotgun/rifle rack in the front seat of the radio car, from thier view of the front, from the back seat. Although they have NO idea what we carry in the trunks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my almost 10 years of being a REAL cop, I have never met a fellow officer who would even think about telling some thug the details of what is in our cars.

Oh and "The DOJ intel unit"? In Los Angeles County the "Public Corruption/Integrity Unit" of the LA District Attny's Office or LAPD SIS monitors suspected "dirty cops" not DOJ and they sure as hell dont report thier findings to allied agencies. Besides the only unit in DOJ who would even be capable of handling that is the Bureau of Investigations and thay are a little too busy tracking down serial child molesters and etc.

The more I think about your off-hand and short-sided statements, makes me want to openly calling you a FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Respectfully,

Gman183

The badguys pretty much know, by jurisdiction, what's generally carried in the trunks of our cars. No secret, and most badguys have a link to someone in the department anyway. The DOJ intel unit reports on the current numbers of suspected infiltrators in LE, as gangs have "clean" members and affiliates working in ancillary positions in LE and the court system and some have even become sworn members.

In the back of my unit, in addition to what has already been posted, I keep cash, drugs, full auto firearms with lots of ammo, photographic evidence of high ranking public officials committing crimes and the unlisted home phone numbers for the models in the current issues of Maxim and Playboy.

...and a hungry California puma with an attitude (since the legendary Trunk Monkeys are banned out here).

nobody33
06-27-2009, 12:10 AM
-First aid kit/trauma box
-A bunch of other stuff

Sometimes there's a fire extinguisher, flares, and spike strip in the truck. Usually it's empty.

eltee
06-27-2009, 9:31 AM
You must be BRAND NEW or a TOTAL FAKE. The "Bad Guys" might have an idea what make and model pistol we carry and what guns are in the shotgun/rifle rack in the front seat of the radio car, from thier view of the front, from the back seat. Although they have NO idea what we carry in the trunks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my almost 10 years of being a REAL cop, I have never met a fellow officer who would even think about telling some thug the details of what is in our cars.

Oh and "The DOJ intel unit"? In Los Angeles County the "Public Corruption/Integrity Unit" of the LA District Attny's Office or LAPD SIS monitors suspected "dirty cops" not DOJ and they sure as hell dont report thier findings to allied agencies. Besides the only unit in DOJ who would even be capable of handling that is the Bureau of Investigations and thay are a little too busy tracking down serial child molesters and etc.

The more I think about your off-hand and short-sided statements, makes me want to openly calling you a FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Respectfully,

Gman183

How professional, how courteous, how mature. I responded in private to you based on your PM, but since you have decided to call me out I will respond publicly.

First, I am going to have another LEO who personally knows me and is a member of CG post that I am, indeed, a cop with over 25 years of experience and having attained the rank of lieutenant (hence my screen name of eltee).

Second, anyone who was a cop as long as I have been will recall that in the 80's there was a huge rash of infiltrations into LE/courts such as I've described. It continues. The CA DOJ even created its own Organized Crime unit that sent out monthy bulletins and fliers regarding such things.

Maybe where your jurisdiction is there is little interaction between good guys and bad guys, but where I am there is alot...some voluntary some inadvertant. One family member is a minor gang member or affiliate, another is LE. Cops tell girl/boyfriends things, then relationships change and the next person is anti-cop. Ever seen a cop with old gang tattoos? He may be a great cop but he may like to talk guns and toys with friends. Even cops who aren't prior gang affiliates like to talk guns and toys with non-cops. Nature of the beast. Stations are in neighborhoods and any body can see what is being loaded into the cars since the parking lots are wide open. I stand by my assertion that for the most part, what goes into the trunks of cop cars is no huge secret.

I gave you my police email address via a service restricted to verified LEO's. That way you can discuss this in a professional manner with me without exposing either of our agencies to the public, and I am assuming that your "Gman..." screen name reflects that you are some sort of federal agent although by your comments "...fellow officer..." I'm led to believe that you may be a federal officer with less authority and jurisdicational areas of primary responsibility than an agent for one of the larger federal investigative agencies (FBI, BATFE, DEA, etc.). If, in fact, you are an "officer" then I assume you work in more of a uniformed, protective federal service such as one of the DHS agencies (ICE, Protective Services for Federal Bldgs., etc.) or maybe the VA Police, US Park Police or even as a TSA officer at an airport. I am assuming this so I could be wrong. Nonetheless, all are respected agencies.

For the record, I have always worked as a cop for a local department. I started out as an officer, did a long stint as a sergeant and I made lieutenant in the late 90's. I have worked as a background investigator, tactical unit daywatch C.O., academy instructor for active shooter training, range master, and alot of plain old patrol. I went to a Calfornia POST academy and numerous in-service training. I completed POST supervisory training and POST SWAT training.

"The more I think about your off-hand and short-sided statements, makes me want to openly calling you a FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
For clarification, did you mean "Short Sighted" and, if so, what do you mean by that? I am always open to constructive criticism, but preferably without the unsubstantiated (and 100% wrong) smackdown.

I won't ask you to declare your bonafides because...this isn't a pissing contest and any seasoned cop would have been more discreet and respectful and taken a moment to investigate prior to making a public accusation. I hope you investigate crimes better than you do the backgrounds of people who identify themselves on a public forum as LEOs.

Kestryll
06-27-2009, 10:08 AM

Respectfully,

Gman183

You better have a DAMN good reason and PROOF for attacking another member and making accusations.

I am not joking nor am I patient.

I expect one of two things from you, either a PM with real PROOF, not 'I don't believe him' or 'Well I wouldn't say that', but proof that you are basing your accusations on or an apology right here in this thread.

No third option.
Before you complain about this being too harsh, remember this.

YOU are the one who started this bt attacking another member.
YOU are the one who DIDN'T address this in private with the site Staff but chose to throw this out in public.
YOU called the tune.

If you have proof and can show that eltee is a fake cop then then we will see if this is a maatter for the Staff or not.

bluestaterebel
06-27-2009, 11:59 AM
Oh and "The DOJ intel unit"? In Los Angeles County the "Public Corruption/Integrity Unit" of the LA District Attny's Office or LAPD SIS monitors suspected "dirty cops"

If LAPD SIS is following you its because your a violent criminal about to pull off a job whether you are a cop or not. SIS doesnt just "monitor" suspected dirty cops.

bluestaterebel
06-27-2009, 12:04 PM
What do you keep in your patrol car trunk?

M&P15T

bubbagump
06-27-2009, 3:18 PM
No one else carries/used to carry a teddy bear?

Every unit in Downey used to have a teddy bear (I don't know if they still do).

At the other department I worked for I always carried those "Junior Police Man" stickers with me.

You never know when you'll have to distract/comfort a little kid thats stuck in a crappy situation. I used to have kids come up to me asking for stickers and felt like a huge *** when I didn't have any.

eltee
06-27-2009, 3:26 PM
Some of the guys also had trading cards with the department logos and their pics. We may have had those bears for a while but they didn't last long. We have stickers and small plastic "Junior" badges, but we pay for our own from a member who makes them up. We get them at his cost.

bubbagump
06-27-2009, 3:50 PM
Some of the guys also had trading cards with the department logos and their pics. We may have had those bears for a while but they didn't last long. We have stickers and small plastic "Junior" badges, but we pay for our own from a member who makes them up. We get them at his cost.

Ahhhh, yes...

Downey also had trading cards. I found a box full of those once while cleaning out a storage room (thats what police explorers are for). The pictures on them were taken back in the 80's. It made for some good laughs.

Rogue187
06-27-2009, 6:22 PM
You know this is an interesting thread..
I was just a reader but now I feel I must reply..

GMAN183

I've known Eltee for many years..in fact somewhere around 17 years..
I've been in Federal LE for 19 years now.
I can vouch for the Eltee as he does know what he's talking about.

Kestryll was correct in calling you out..

Your childish behavior is the kind of elitist attitude that has caused so many citizens to hate the law enforcement community.

Get off your little pony and grow up..!!! I seriously doubt your really in LE..maybe some security guard mall-ninja sounds more like it.

bluestaterebel
06-27-2009, 7:49 PM

I used to carry a tickle me cookie monster, just for kicks to see the look on other cops face when they see its head sticking out my war bag.

eltee
06-28-2009, 12:11 AM
Ahhhh, yes...

Downey also had trading cards. I found a box full of those once while cleaning out a storage room (thats what police explorers are for). The pictures on them were taken back in the 80's. It made for some good laughs.

I saw one of ours not long ago. The team was in front of one of the old Crown Vics that had the boxy body. Must have been a bad photograph, though, since the cards show all my colleagues as being skinny and with full heads of hair. They (we) don't look anything like that now. :o

eltee
06-28-2009, 12:23 AM
You know this is an interesting thread..
I was just a reader but now I feel I must reply..

GMAN183

I've known Eltee for many years..in fact somewhere around 17 years..
I've been in Federal LE for 19 years now.
I can vouch for the Eltee as he does know what he's talking about.

Kestryll was correct in calling you out..

Your childish behavior is the kind of elitist attitude that has caused so many citizens to hate the law enforcement community.

Get off your little pony and grow up..!!! I seriously doubt your really in LE..maybe some security guard mall-ninja sounds more like it.

Hi Rogue. Long time. Thanks for standing up for me. I'm hoping Gman and I can work this out offline. If he is a full fledged police officer or federal agent, it is foolish for us to be fighting each other. We all have enough enemies in common.

LT

(FYI, Rogue's federal agency tactical unit worked with my local tactical unit on a couple of operations over the years. Hats and bats and fun in the sun, but his unit had some really cool submachine guns...since this IS a gun website I thought you guys might appreciate that. His agency had full auto P90's and MP5's whereas mine only had M4's in semi. Federal dollars vs what the locals get for toys.) :30:

Keith92555
06-28-2009, 12:47 AM
LEO'S PLEASE DONT TELL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure 99.9% of you are all great people. Unless you are a piece of **** gangster, dope-head or general scumbag, I have NEVER or will never jam a honest citizen for a chicken-poop firearms violation. Unless you are doing something stupid, I could not care less about your bullet-botton or lack there of, or your PC 12025 (CCW) violation.

So in return please dont ask what is in our trunk, what gear we carry or what equiptment is issued to us. There is a small portion 0.1% of the population who intent to do all of us harm. There are gangs who send members through Marine Corp boot camp, have them go to iraq, gain military equipment and tactics and then when they are discharged they return home and teach thier tactics to the gang members.

What is in a patrol vehicle's trunk should not be published in this type of format where anyone (including scumbags) can read. Is short please stop asking these type of questions in a public forum. FOR THE LEO'S WHO ARE TOO NEW OR JUST DIDN'T THINK BEFORE ANSWERING THESE OR OTHER CONFIDENTIAL QUESTIONS, *****PLEASE STOP*****.
Very Respectfully,

Gman183

Gman183, I am a civilian and am new to this forum. I would hope that ALL cops would use their discretion with their citizen encounters as you describe in your first paragraph. I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for the men (and ladies) in blue, just as I respect my fellow vets and active duty military (except the one who gave me the speeding ticket last month.:eek:).
But I must take exception with the rest of this post. I don't see anything top secret listed by anyone on this thread. And believe me, if there were anything top secret that you carried in the trunk, the bad guys would surely know of it. So unless your department allows nukes in the patrol cars, I can't see where it would matter to you or anyone else if the contents of the trunk are disclosed.
And then, in later posts, you attack another members veracity and/or accuse him of being inexperienced or ignorant. WTH...:confused::confused: I can't even fathom your motivation for this behavior. Really, is there something so heinous about LEOs telling us about the MREs and extra batteries in their war bag? Please, swallow some humble pie and take the time to post an apology to eltee. The false alarms aimed at this thread and the insults were totally unwarranted.

Fire in the Hole
06-28-2009, 6:49 AM
The radio repeater consumes about 1/2 the available space. Add a half body length back board to the underside of the trunk lid, roll-meter, and an animal snare.

socalsheepdog
06-29-2009, 3:13 PM
I overheard some bangers in line at Del Taco talking about this thread. They plan on hanging out at all the Starbucks in Socal waiting for unsuspecting cops to go in for coffee and when they do, they are going to jack all the CHP180 forms.

Cpl. Haas
06-29-2009, 5:53 PM
Not the 180s! Take the 555s, but leave us our 180s! How else we gonna tow their illegally modified whips!?

WokMaster1
06-29-2009, 8:49 PM
:hide:

Is it safe to come out now? Sorry for getting you guys in trouble with Gman.;)

Rogue187
06-29-2009, 9:52 PM
I really don't think were're too worried about Gman..
He hasn't been back since he himself was called on the carpet..
He hasn't posted a reply..which really strengthens the argument that he's just a wannabe.

WokMaster1
06-29-2009, 10:52 PM
I really don't think were're too worried about Gman..
He hasn't been back since he himself was called on the carpet..
He hasn't posted a reply..which really strengthens the argument that he's just a wannabe.

Mall ninja???????:eek::p

retired
06-29-2009, 10:59 PM
Mall ninja???????:eek::p

Whether or not he is, Kestryll is handling it, so rather than add fuel to the fire he began, let's just continue without him until it is resolved one way or the other by Kestryll ok. Thanks.:)

tazmanian devil dog
06-30-2009, 4:59 PM
Bone saw, duct tape, heft cinch sacks..........

MILLITIAof1
06-30-2009, 5:47 PM
My Mother-In-Law.
best answer yet!

bden
07-01-2009, 1:26 AM
I'm not an officer, but volunteered with a local PD for 7 years or so up until about 3 years ago. The only other stuff I can remember being in the trunks that hasn't already been mentioned is spare tires and chalk. Nothing very exciting other than the LT's S.W.A.T. long gun which was only in his unit. The occasional accidentally spent fire extinguisher was always fun too.

CnCFunFactory
07-01-2009, 2:23 AM
I've got 3 oz each of Tar and weed, a Kilo of Cocaine, and a kilo of Meth. Seriously. Hint-11367.5 (b) H&S.

Funny.... :)

ssilverado60
07-01-2009, 9:58 AM
back when i was in high school my friends car broke down, and a nice police officer passing by offered to give him a ride home. i lived just down the street so i walked, but when he offered to put my friends belongings in his trunk, i got to see what was in his trunk. The only thing that caught my eye was the 36 pack of coors light in the corner of the trunk. . .
judging by the look on his face, I dont think he remembered it was back there when he opened up the trunk in front of us

OneNcustdy
07-01-2009, 11:19 AM
I put nothing in the trunk. I use my partners forms and all his junk, makes less for me to carry to the car when I start my shift. I usually repay him with a cup of coffee at the end of each week, I just throw some change in the door and its gone by the next week.

felixthecat1
07-02-2009, 11:47 PM

At the other department I worked for I always carried those "Junior Police Man" stickers with me.

You never know when you'll have to distract/comfort a little kid thats stuck in a crappy situation. I used to have kids come up to me asking for stickers and felt like a huge *** when I didn't have any.

I was one of those little kids one time, and yes, there was a teddy bear present.

Ahhhh, yes...

LASD used to bring the neighborhood kids coloring books randomly, and around christmas time, they'd always show up with toys for us less fortunate ones. =) Also, I remember LASD giving us POGs! Some of you in urs 20's, maybe even early 30's might remember pogs.. there were some with pictures of OJ, some with "the bus", and some with the star/logo. I remember a cruiser comin by, and handing them out dozens and dozens, it was GREAT! (trying to google the images to post, but can't find em, damnit!)

..... Your childish behavior is the kind of elitist attitude that has caused so many citizens to hate the law enforcement community.

Hey! What's wrong with mall-ninjas?. Lol.

retired
07-03-2009, 12:02 AM
When I worked Industry and Walnut station I passed out POGS to the kids. It was gratifying to see the smile on their face and their eyes light up when they knew I had POGS to give them.

felixthecat, I had forgotten all about those, thanks for reminding me as it brings good memories. We also carried a teddy bear in our trunk while I worked at Walnut.

gdun
07-03-2009, 2:03 AM
good post on that Lieutenant. Just another reason why I respect all of you.
Greg

eltee
07-03-2009, 9:03 AM
When I worked Industry and Walnut station I passed out POGS to the kids. It was gratifying to see the smile on their face and their eyes light up when they knew I had POGS to give them.

felixthecat, I had forgotten all about those, thanks for reminding me as it brings good memories. We also carried a teddy bear in our trunk while I worked at Walnut.

POGS. Now THAT was a while ago. :)

I remember buying some for a nephew at the beloved Great Western Gun Show.

Jonathan Doe
07-03-2009, 9:10 AM
I remember them while I was working at the HOJJ in 80's. Almost forgot about them.

bubbagump
07-03-2009, 9:40 AM
I was one of those little kids one time, and yes, there was a teddy bear present.

LASD used to bring the neighborhood kids coloring books randomly, and around christmas time, they'd always show up with toys for us less fortunate ones. =) Also, I remember LASD giving us POGs! Some of you in urs 20's, maybe even early 30's might remember pogs.. there were some with pictures of OJ, some with "the bus", and some with the star/logo. I remember a cruiser comin by, and handing them out dozens and dozens, it was GREAT! (trying to google the images to post, but can't find em, damnit!)

Hey! What's wrong with mall-ninjas?. Lol.

Downey PD still does this around Christmas time. They fill up the armored truck with toys that the officers wrapped, and take them out to low-income families around the city.

eltee
07-03-2009, 9:58 AM
Anyone complain that the PD is using an armored truck in lieu of a sleigh? :)

bubbagump
07-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Anyone complain that the PD is using an armored truck in lieu of a sleigh? :)

Santa's been getting death threats lately kids...

felixthecat1
07-04-2009, 12:49 AM
Downey PD still does this around Christmas time. They fill up the armored truck with toys that the officers wrapped, and take them out to low-income families around the city.

That's magnanimous of the department. I'm glad that people still do things like that. It really made an otherwise crappy holiday seem so much better sometimes...

Fire in the Hole
07-04-2009, 7:31 AM
That's magnanimous of the department. I'm glad that people still do things like that. It really made an otherwise crappy holiday seem so much better sometimes...

Usually the Rotarians, Lions, Optimists, or Kiwanas pay for them, and them distribute them to the PD, SO, CHP, and ambulances. Where I presently live the Freemasons buy them, and hand them out accordingly.

DANGERCLOSE
07-09-2009, 12:10 PM
most leos volunteer a lot of time and money to the community outside of work. if you guys are looking for some plush items to carry in the trunk for kids, check out oriental trading co. you can get them by the dozens for cheap. the old lady can doctor them up with ribbons or whatever (get the old lady involved). if you talk to a mickey d's manager, you might be able to score some cheap / free happy meal tickets to go with them. a little bit goes a long way with kids.

eltee
07-09-2009, 4:05 PM
If you show up wearing your discount suit (aka uniform) many vendors, merchants, restaurant owners, etc. will comp you items, merchandise, coupons, gift certificates, etc. if you explain that they are intended for kids (and not for you!). Good will, good vibes and sometimes for the merchants, good for business. Some of the big companies will donate goodies but with their corporate logo on them. Everybody wins.