PDA

View Full Version : Light recommendation for USP Expert

oldvanhalenrules
06-19-2009, 12:54 PM
Anyone with firsthand experience using Surefire's MR09 adapter to mount an X300 light on a USP Expert? I see some folks recommend GG&G's solution, but that seems to be optimized for Streamlight's TLR series. If the M2 UTL from Insight came with an LED option, I would consider that route, rather than paying $95 just for the MR09 mount. But I already have the X300, on my 226R, so recommendations on the best way to attach it to the HK would be appreciated.

Black Majik
06-19-2009, 1:07 PM
oldvanhalenrules,

The Surefire MR09 mount is really a great mount. While the price is high when compared to the competition, it still beats the others. My biggest issue, especially with cheaper mounts such as the promag or sidearmor was how low it mounted the weaponlight. If you look at it, the rocker switch would as low as the bottom of the triggerguard. Another issue, was the distance away from the triggerguard horizontally. The Surefire adapter allowed the weaponlight to ride highest AND closest to the triggerguard.

It is well worth it. It's also tough to beat the quality of the mount as well, very low profile and smooth finish.

Here's my MR09 on a USP fullsize.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/RChang824/1-25-08take2006.jpg

oldvanhalenrules
06-19-2009, 2:12 PM
Black Majik,

Thanks for the informative reply. Great picture, too.

Does Surefire appear on your W-2? :D

gunrun45
06-19-2009, 4:03 PM
I run the GG&G mount on my USP45f and USP40c. I just couldn't stomach the Surefire rail price... That being said, I do have a X200d light on my USP45f and a X300 on my USP40c ;)

toopercentmlk
06-19-2009, 5:55 PM
I tossed around the idea, ended up deciding the Surefire mount was the right one for me but ended up getting a Surefire E2E instead and now my Insight M3 sits lonely. For my needs it's much more appropriate, not to mention I now prefer my light in my weak hand.

Black Majik
06-19-2009, 5:57 PM
I tossed around the idea, ended up deciding the Surefire mount was the right one for me but ended up getting a Surefire E2E instead and now my Insight M3 sits lonely. For my needs it's much more appropriate, not to mention I now prefer my light in my weak hand.

Why not both? :D

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/RChang824/1-25-08take2045.jpg

oldvanhalenrules
06-20-2009, 4:24 PM
Thanks to everybody that weighed in with an opinion. I'll close this thread by stating that I got a good deal on a lightly used MR09 from a fellow Calgunner. The adapter works great, and so does this community of enthusiasts.