View Full Version : firearms transport

06-19-2009, 10:37 AM
Hello folks I have a rather odd question. Either I didn't use the correct search query or the info isn't there. Anyway. I was once told that if both my ammo and my gun are locked in the trunk of my car during transport (in separate locked containers) that I am in violation. Can someone shed some light on that for me.

06-19-2009, 10:56 AM
I don't see where the problem is.....

06-19-2009, 11:02 AM
I don't either, what I was told was that the ammo and the gun can't be in the same area. Believe it or not I was told to lock one in the trunk and the other in the vehicle. Personally I don't like traveling with and gun case in view or the ammo container. I prefer to have them locked out of view.

06-19-2009, 12:38 PM
rdsii64...no problem with transporting your ammo and firearm in the trunk of your automobile, just make sure there is no ammo chambered in your firearm!

06-19-2009, 12:50 PM
I searched for "loaded" and found this: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=193775&highlight=loaded

06-19-2009, 12:54 PM
Way back when, I took this firearms class. At that time, ammo and firearms had to be in separate areas of the car. Nowdays, as long as the ammo isn't in the magazine, in a position from which it's ready to fire... it's good. That class predated a court case that determined what loaded is.