PDA

View Full Version : Yet another report from the Free US

imported_11Z50
06-19-2005, 11:24 PM
All,
I'm back from another road trip; this time to Houston/East Texas/Galveston. A few comments....

First, this trip required the company of a handgun. With a little trepidation, I called the airline and got the scoop. Seemed reasonable. Showed up, quietly informed the dude at the check-in, showed ID and papers....
surprisingly, good-to-go.

Second, I happened to be in the vicinity of Pasadena on Saturday. There is a place called Academy Sports which is like Sports Authority in the free world. I marveled at all the cool stuff that was just hanging on the racks. I bought a Streamlight M3, just for the heck of it, for $139. The nice guy at the counter tells me I ought to go to the gun show....they have all kinds of stuff there. Gave me directions. I'm gone.

Gun show was like many others, even had ONE jerky booth. Lots of neat stuff, friendly folks, and truckloads of stuff I can't own because I am from the PRK.... I am so sick and tired of this crap.

So now I am home, in my native state, lamenting. On the bright side, I am hoping to do a long awaited recreational shooting trip on Friday/Saturday with daughter Kate.

BigAL
06-20-2005, 9:29 AM
They got Academy Sports around here too. Can occasionally find a good deal on guns. Friend bought A Bushmaster M4gery cheap there. Plus they have good deals on ammo (CCI Blazer aluminum case 9mm $3.86/50).