PDA

View Full Version : AK Part kits on Apex

Z ME FLY
06-18-2009, 8:39 PM
I have heard good and bad things about Apex here. I have read mostly they are slow on shipping and hard to contact. I am looking at an yugo underfolder kit. Does anyone know the condition of the barrels? Any headspacing issues?

69Mach1
06-18-2009, 8:45 PM
More than likely, the Yugo barrels are going to be bad to fair. That's for most of the Yugo kits. It doesn't matter who is selling them. I bought three Yugo front end kits from Centerfire and two were fair, barely passing the bullet test, and the third was just junk. Didn't really matter to me because the barrels are being ditched for 23 inch barrels to build Iraqi Tabuk DMR clones.

I did score a milled M70 kit from a private seller that had a fantastic barrel and passed with flying colors.

Z ME FLY
06-18-2009, 9:22 PM
Ahhh so JUNK! haha guess I have to pony up $400 for a kit

bigthaiboy
06-18-2009, 9:23 PM
More than likely, the Yugo barrels are going to be bad to fair. That's for most of the Yugo kits. It doesn't matter who is selling them. I bought three Yugo front end kits from Centerfire and two were fair, barely passing the bullet test, and the third was just junk. Didn't really matter to me because the barrels are being ditched for 23 inch barrels to build Iraqi Tabuk DMR clones.

Are you using M72 RPK barrels in the Tabuk clones?

technique
06-18-2009, 9:39 PM

I have been seeing kits for $400 minus barrel.....good luck.

69Mach1
06-18-2009, 9:41 PM
Are you using M72 RPK barrels in the Tabuk clones?

Nope. We scored some limited 23 inch Tabuk barrels from Copes. Hopefully they will do another run of them. Here's the parts list:

Yugo front end with barrel complete with PG, GB and FS, front Trunion, recoil spring, bolt, bolt carrier, top cover, and handguard.

Nodak NDS-9

Tapco double hook FCG

Trigger guard and PG grip plate for the Yugo

New US made rear fixed stock trunion

Ironwood rear Tabuk stock --Skeletonized

Copes new 23 inch barrel

Nodak long flash suppressor

10/20 Hungarian magazine

Newly made PSL-like scope rail from pugwag

The gas block was pulled and shipped off to pugwag to have the grenade sight removed and the block welded up. Trunion was sent to be engraved, and the top cover, bolt, bolt carrier, and truion restamped with the matching NDS-9 serial number.

Z ME FLY
06-18-2009, 9:43 PM
I have been seeing kits for $400 minus barrel.....good luck.

Haha don't you have an ak kit that isn't built yet? Think you should give it to me instead. I'll take care of it for you ;)

69Mach1
06-18-2009, 9:45 PM

https://www.apexgunparts.com/images/PartsKit/M70B1%20Front%20Assembly.jpg

You know, that pic shows a pretty good parts kit. Might want to call and ask about the cond. of the barrel. You may get a "good condition". BTW, does anyone else spot the "special parts".

technique
06-18-2009, 9:46 PM
Haha don't you have an ak kit that isn't built yet? Think you should give it to me instead. I'll take care of it for you ;)

I do...And when I was looking to see the going rate was when I noticed I priced mine the same ask kits that come less barrel...no big deal barrels can be had for $100.

65cobra
06-24-2009, 3:17 PM
I have been very happy with apex. I bought 2 M70 milled kits. Both had good barrels that look decent and are great on the "muzzle test" One came with a stamped cover and they swapped it out for me no charge. I think they do the best packaging around btw. I think Apex kits are the best value right now.

I built one as an underfolder, the other I am calling my yugomanian. I am using a romy wood stock and rear trunion to make it a fixed stock, welding is fun!

bigbob76
06-24-2009, 3:33 PM
Nope. We scored some limited 23 inch Tabuk barrels from Copes. Hopefully they will do another run of them. Here's the parts list:

Tapco double hook FCG

Those are a nice combination of parts but I think you're selling yourself short with a standard fire control group. Have you considered one of the setups that are adjustable?

HotRails
06-24-2009, 3:56 PM
Those are a nice combination of parts but I think you're selling yourself short with a standard fire control group. Have you considered one of the setups that are adjustable?

Who sells good adjustable FCG's?

sava6e
06-24-2009, 4:13 PM
Apex has always been good to me, i get my parts in 2-3 days, ive built a handfull of these kits, all shoot fine, barrels are a bit pitted but they shoot straight so i cant complain for a plinking toy

Q
06-24-2009, 8:10 PM
Who sells good adjustable FCG's?

red star arms

Trench Broom
06-24-2009, 10:08 PM
BTW, does anyone else spot the "special parts".
Don't you mean, "happy parts"? :D

69Mach1
06-25-2009, 7:50 AM

I have a set of Red Star Arms adj. FCG. Bought it for $45. :)