PDA

View Full Version : Springfield Armory Operator Legal PC9105LP

redbird
06-18-2009, 6:25 PM
Is this pistol legal for California? I dont see it on the roster. I think the "P" at the end stands for "Package".:confused:

Quiet
06-18-2009, 6:33 PM
Not sure if they are the same, but there are two versions of the Springfield Armory PC9105LCA on the approved list.
The "P" at the end does indicate package.

Springfield Armory PC9105LCA
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/images/Springfield%20TRP.jpg

PC9105LCA (ambi safety) / Steel Pistol 5" .45 ACP 9/20/2009
PC9105LCA / Steel Pistol 5" .45 ACP 9/20/2009

Oldnoob
06-18-2009, 6:52 PM
Springfield Armory PC9105LCA
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/images/Springfield%20TRP.jpg

I know I'm a freak, but that's the first 1911, I think I actually like it.

Hot Brass
06-18-2009, 7:21 PM
Is this pistol legal for California? I dont see it on the roster. I think the "P" at the end stands for "Package".:confused:

Where can "I" get one?

redbird
06-18-2009, 7:26 PM
That picture is from Buds Gun Shop, but it is "out of stock"

RolinThundr
06-18-2009, 8:13 PM
I haven't seen the above pictured SA 1911A1 on Springfield's website for a long time now. Is it still offered?

Sam
06-18-2009, 8:20 PM
I haven't seen the above pictured SA 1911A1 on Springfield's website for a long time now. Is it still offered?

I don't think they make the full rail version anymore and only the shorter rail version is made.

WRENCHHEAD
06-18-2009, 9:27 PM
the full rails are avalable through SA's custom shop last i heard.

The SoCal Gunner
06-18-2009, 9:41 PM
What is retarded is that if a seller has one of those with the older product code, which doesn't have the "CA," then it is a no go even though it's the same gun.

BunnySlayer
06-18-2009, 9:45 PM
You said retarded and Ca. in the same sentence. You repeat yourself!! :D

rumblebee
06-18-2009, 10:01 PM
That is correct....I bought my full rail TRP Operator for ~1400.00. Same custom shop version now runs ~1800.00 :eek:

the full rails are avalable through SA's custom shop last i heard.

Ventura_Yak'r
07-11-2009, 5:49 AM
Just seeking a little clarification - Springfield has the TRP, Operator and a TRP Operator? Versions of all three are CA compliant? I did not see the TRP Operator on SA's website. What differentiates it from the TRP & Operator? Short rail is standard & full rail is custom?

Thanks in advance!

ghideon
07-11-2009, 7:24 PM
I own a TRP Operator (short rail version), and some of this is going from memory.

TRP - Semi custom basically. No rail. Standard barrel.

TRP Operator - Semi custom as well. Short rail. Bull barrel. Only way to get the full rail (aside from used) is via the custom shop.

MC Operator - Lightweight version (steel slide, alloy frame?). Half rail. Two tone coloring.

I think there's some other things I've forgotten, like who has more aggressive front strap checkering (I believe the TRP Op takes the cake for this).

ddindetroit
07-12-2009, 3:56 PM
Just a quick comment.

This pistol (Full dust cover/full lug) is no longer on the Kalifornia Roster. It goes by the model number. I paid over $1900 to get mine via PPT as I couldn't get on shipped to this state.

Your best chance of getting this is waiting on the 'boreds' here.

There are very few holster that will fit this ... which was a disappointment to me. Most will have to take a rail light type holster (and you have to attach the light to make it secure.

Just my pennies ...

ddindetroit:TFH:

cmace22
07-12-2009, 4:34 PM
I own a TRP Operator (short rail version), and some of this is going from memory.

TRP - Semi custom basically. No rail. Standard barrel.

TRP Operator - Semi custom as well. Short rail. Bull barrel. Only way to get the full rail (aside from used) is via the custom shop.

MC Operator - Lightweight version (steel slide, alloy frame?). Half rail. Two tone coloring.

I think there's some other things I've forgotten, like who has more aggressive front strap checkering (I believe the TRP Op takes the cake for this).

Almost.

The MC operator uses steel slide and frame. The lightweight operator uses the alloy frame but is not on the list for CA.

lehn20
07-12-2009, 4:44 PM
There is also a another fullrail SA 1911 with no bull barrel.

rumblebee
07-12-2009, 6:52 PM
I bought my TRP Operator about 3+ yrs ago (full rail, bull barrel\etc). Model PC9105L. At the time, these were not custom shop. Now they are custom shop only. From what I have been told, you can get a full rail TRP Operator via SA's custom shop for 1800.00+. Short rails are now std on SA's.

There was a for forum member who was selling one a month or so ago....I literally get asked every time I'm out with it, if I want to sell it...even from guys behind the gun counter. It'll go to the grave with me! :cool:.

If you go to SA's site, you can get the custom shop spec form (download there) and see their pricing.

:cool:

Just seeking a little clarification - Springfield has the TRP, Operator and a TRP Operator? Versions of all three are CA compliant? I did not see the TRP Operator on SA's website. What differentiates it from the TRP & Operator? Short rail is standard & full rail is custom?

Thanks in advance!

rumblebee
07-12-2009, 7:24 PM
Couple O' Holster options (Desantis and Bianchi)...but yes, I agree...the choices are few-

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l464/rumblebee_album/0907120001.jpg

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l464/rumblebee_album/0907120005.jpg

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l464/rumblebee_album/0907120009.jpg

Just a quick comment.

This pistol (Full dust cover/full lug) is no longer on the Kalifornia Roster. It goes by the model number. I paid over $1900 to get mine via PPT as I couldn't get on shipped to this state.

Your best chance of getting this is waiting on the 'boreds' here.

There are very few holster that will fit this ... which was a disappointment to me. Most will have to take a rail light type holster (and you have to attach the light to make it secure.

Just my pennies ...

ddindetroit:TFH:

RolinThundr
07-12-2009, 7:39 PM
Almost.

The MC operator uses steel slide and frame. The lightweight operator uses the alloy frame but is not on the list for CA.

Also, the MC Operator is black slide & OD frame, the Lightweight Operator is black slide and black frame.

xounlistedxox
07-12-2009, 10:41 PM
I purchased my pc9105lp nearly two years ago and I think it was only on the roster until last year, so who knows if SA updated it or not.