PDA

View Full Version : need a mover for a large safe bay area

mcad33
08-10-2005, 8:50 PM
need the name of a company that can move a safe from san jose to hayward. thanks in advance

Librarian
08-11-2005, 1:32 AM
One possibility is Security Safe (http://www.securitysafeusa.com/services.htm) in Hayward.

bwiese
08-11-2005, 12:07 PM
You might also try the boys over in the Safe Dept. at Reed's Sports in San Jose (Alum Rock Ave. store, not the Duane Ave. shooting range).

I had a safe I needed moved within my home and they were able to help (even though I hadn't bought the safe from 'em). These guys are good guys, too - they're into guns and work for a gunshop so they're not gonna reveal your other security measures to the local crackhead.

Before that, I'd called my vendor, Liberty Safe of SJ, but he wanted too much - not his fault, Liberty Safe nationally contracts w/moving organizations and it's out of local control: costs $$ just for 'em to show up at door). It woulda been OK perhaps if I was MOVING the safe to somewhere else; I just needed mine moved under 10ft without cracking my tile floor.

Is this a really heavy safe? These guys are used to, max, moving one of the Browning Medallion safes, which aren't the heaviest - even the biggest one is 1050? lbs as I recall.

Bill Wiese
San Jose

ivanimal
08-11-2005, 9:52 PM
what city?

mcad33
08-15-2005, 1:50 AM
called reeds and they told me to talk to ron. going to get it moved tuesday thanks for the heads up.

bwiese
08-16-2005, 2:57 PM
Originally posted by mcad33:
called reeds and they told me to talk to ron. going to get it moved tuesday thanks for the heads up.

No problem. They helped me out too for reasonable cost.

Bill Wiese
San Jose

mcad33
08-16-2005, 11:28 PM
ron and his staff were great. got it moved and put in. if you need a safe moved contact reeds and ask for ron.

imported_leelaw
08-26-2005, 4:33 PM
Originally posted by mcad33:
ron and his staff were great. got it moved and put in. if you need a safe moved contact reeds and ask for ron.

Sounds like a plan.. What was their charge? an hourly plus any step penalties?

I'm looking to buy one in Oakland and have it moved to Walnut Creek. The guy I'm buying it from (friend) recommends these certain guys, but they have a $200/hr rate.. dunno if I want to pay $400 to move a safe..

bwiese
08-26-2005, 4:51 PM
Originally posted by leelaw:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mcad33:

Sounds like a plan.. What was their charge? an hourly plus any step penalties?

I'm looking to buy one in Oakland and have it moved to Walnut Creek. The guy I'm buying it from (friend) recommends these certain guys, but they have a $200/hr rate.. dunno if I want to pay $400 to move a safe.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you don't have a safe already you're probably better off buying one and having it delivered to your new place in Walnut Crk.

Bill W
San Jose