PDA

View Full Version : Firestorm (Bersa) Mini

06-17-2005, 12:05 PM
Hey, does anyone out there have any experience with the Firestorm (Bersa) Mini? Is it OK, a peice of junk, anyone???

maxicon
06-17-2005, 12:45 PM
I don't have one, but folks who do are mostly happy with them. The main complaint is a rough trigger. I've seen it said that they're the same as the Bersa Thunder .45, which are also well thought of by the folks that own them.

Bersa seems to be an underrated brand when it comes to affordable guns.

You can find out more on Google Groups:

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=firestorm+mini

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=bersa+thunder+45

Turbinator
06-18-2005, 6:53 AM
Are these expensive guns? (Guessing the answer is no...)

Turby

dwtt
06-18-2005, 1:37 PM
I was thinking of buying a Bersa Thunder 9 and the cost seemed reasonable. Then I saw the Llama at the Vallejo gun show and it looked a lot like the Bersa. A visit to the Bersa website got me confused between the two brands, then I read in some of the ads for Firestorms that they are the same as Bersa. So, it seems Bersa, Llama, and Firestorm are the same guns, with different labels. Anyway, the gun at the show didn't appear to be cheaply made and I hope to get one this year before any of their listings on the DOJ approved list expires.

maxicon
06-20-2005, 6:35 PM
Llama and Bersa may be owned by the same company, but they're different manufacturers. Llamas are made in Spain, and Bersas are made in Argentina. I don't see too many Llamas around.

Firestorm is the new brand name for Bersa/Llama. Most are updated models made in Argentina, like the Mini Firestorm, while others are made by Llama in Spain, like their 1911 style. They also make the inexpensive Comanche revolvers.

Bersa/Firestorm is generally considered to be better than Llama. I like inexpensive, good quality guns, and I'd buy a Bersa for the right price, but I just recently passed on a 1911 style Llama for $200, because I didn't like it much.

max