PDA

View Full Version : Written exam T score

aybyman
06-17-2009, 3:18 PM
How much of a role does the T-score (both the written and physical) help your chances of getting in somewhere? What's considered an average T score?

Jonathan Doe
06-17-2009, 3:58 PM
I always thought it was a pass/fail. Or, maybe 70% pass.

tyrist
06-17-2009, 8:22 PM
The oral interview, background, psychological, and polygraph are much more important. The physical/written is just a qualifier but you do want to perform your best in everything.

RolinThundr
06-17-2009, 8:38 PM
How much of a role does the T-score (both the written and physical) help your chances of getting in somewhere? What's considered an average T score?

The oral interview, background, psychological, and polygraph are much more important. The physical/written is just a qualifier but you do want to perform your best in everything.

T-scores just get you in the door (I think the written test is the only one with a T-score and the physical is pass/fail), from there it's the rest of the process that makes or breaks you. Some departments may schedule the next step in the process based on T-scores (higher scores first), but as long as you meet the minimum required score you should get to the next step. Don't know what the average score is, but if you have a T-score of 50 or higher you qualify to apply to just about any dept on the SF Peninsula and South Bay. This is of course just what I've learned so far about it.

fullrearview
06-18-2009, 7:01 AM
every dept. is different. Just be flexible. Adapt and overcome!