PDA

View Full Version : 1911, Glock bullet buttons?

windrider
06-17-2009, 2:50 PM
Are there any pre made bullet buttons or mag locks for any 1911 or glock, im starting to think about building a carbine conversion unit and I see that to make them legal it would need a mag lock or bullet button but I cant find anything online, can someone point me in the right direction.

lazyworm
06-17-2009, 3:34 PM
glocks are easy, just trim the mag release so that it doesn't protrude out of the frame so you'd need a tool to push it to release the mag.

PutTogether
06-18-2009, 9:51 AM
Would just modifiying the mag release actually make it legal?

I thought that once a gun was a pistol, it could never be a rifle, and vice versa. I could be wrong, which is why I'm asking, not telling.

windrider
06-18-2009, 11:21 AM

I thought that once a gun was a pistol, it could never be a rifle, and vice versa. I could be wrong, which is why I'm asking, not telling.

I think so I just came across something that was saying something along those lines, this thing was a spur of the moment thought but i have quickly changed my mind, like if a cop saw me (i live in LA) with it their going to give me **** well they will with any gun but those just look illegal.

Quiet
06-18-2009, 4:09 PM

Grinding/filing down teh mag release so it can not be used without a tool, is the most cost effective way to make a magazine lock. With the magazine lock installed, you can not use large capacity magazines.

You can legally make a handgun into a rifle, but you can not make a rifle into a handgun without BATFE approval.
Once, you make your handgun into a rifle (install carbine conversion to 1911/Glock frame). It is now considered a rifle. You can not legally make it back into a handgun (install pistol slide to 1911/Glock frame) without getting BATFE approval to make a SBR.